Next cold war? Gas drilling boom rattles Russia

Sep 30, 2012 Full story: The Tribune 20

The Kremlin is watching, European nations are rebelling, and some suspect Moscow is secretly bankrolling a campaign to derail the West's strategic plans.

Full Story
gossamer

Warren, MI

#1 Sep 30, 2012
Of they are. They see a weak president.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 30, 2012
Exactly as we have the chance to determine our own energy independence in a realitively inexpensive way and should do so.
BO Workday 10 to 4

Orange, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2012
Barack is ready to BE MORE FLEXIBLE with Putin, the dictator and KGB, hated by all Russians, AFTER NOV. 6.
Gravediggers

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2012
AMERICA should NEVER be DEPENDENT on foreign countries for our ENERGY!

WE must develop OUR OWN!

The Middle East is on fire and Obama has done nothing to ensure Americans INdependence from foreign energy.

Let's put people to work developing our own energy.

And let's not waste another second. Do it NOW!

Obama makes the USA vulnerable to the whims of other nations.

NO in NOvember
NO to OWEbama
NO to being vulnerable and DEpendent on foreign countries.

Our Community organizer in Chief had no broad vision of our country and what is needed to protect it.

Obama's limited, small perceptions do NOT apply to the functioning of our country and it's place in the world.

Obama has made America TOO VULNERABLE.

VOTE NOv 6th
retake the Senate from Democrats...do NOT vote for a democrat senator!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 30, 2012
Obama administration has delayed a decision on export permits until after the election.
He's in Putin's pocket and will hurt America to help Russia. He has already starded and already given his Russian buddy the wink, wink, nod, nod that got caught on tape. Obama will stop fracking like the communist gorki-sucker he is.
John

Emory, TX

#7 Sep 30, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
WE must develop OUR OWN!
The Middle East is on fire and Obama has done nothing to ensure Americans INdependence from foreign energy.
NO in NOvember
NO to OWEbama
Our Community organizer in Chief had no broad vision of our country and what is needed to protect it.
Obama's limited, small perceptions do NOT apply to the functioning of our country and it's place in the world.
VOTE NOv 6th
Long term energy independence is necessary. Clean air and water are necessary. Romney thinks short term, Americans are extremely innovative and intelligent ( at least some are ). We can solve any problem, but nothing will progress with Romney in charge.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Sep 30, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Long term energy independence is necessary. Clean air and water are necessary. Romney thinks short term, Americans are extremely innovative and intelligent ( at least some are ). We can solve any problem, but nothing will progress with Romney in charge.
Duh.
John

Emory, TX

#9 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh.
So you think Romney will do the necessary things to protect the United States from excessive pollution? Therefore taking steps to do what is necessary to protect the health of the American and world's populations? And is willing to forgo profits to meet these ends?
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#10 Sep 30, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think Romney will do the necessary things to protect the United States from excessive pollution? Therefore taking steps to do what is necessary to protect the health of the American and world's populations? And is willing to forgo profits to meet these ends?
Please don't expect wingnut Topix posters to be intelligent or thoughtful.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 30, 2012
Chris Stevens
Glen Doherty
Tyrone Woods
Sean Smith
R.I.P.
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't expect wingnut Topix posters to be intelligent or thoughtful.
Chris Stevens
Glen Doherty
Tyrone Woods
Sean Smith
R.I.P.
How thoughtful was Obama towards these poor guys?
gossamer

Warren, MI

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't expect wingnut Topix posters to be intelligent or thoughtful.
But yet you come here to post and reply.

Do you want just those with your ideas to post here?
John

Emory, TX

#13 Sep 30, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
I gave up on that a while back, but there is a hopeful part of me. Maybe it's just an entertaining education. Maybe I got too much time on my old hands. It's proven hard to resist.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Sep 30, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be the ATTACK DOG that I'm accused of being. I'll be nice ( until somebody plays the RACE CARD ).

It was the GOP that brought conservation to the US with TR.

It was Nixon , love or hate him , that created the EPA.

As to world polution China , India , Indonesia and other Asian countries are running a muck with polution so what can any POTUS do to stop it or slow it down. The Kyoto Accords would of destroyed us economically.Would you want oil used here or have our oil shipped to China where their standards are much lower and the same for coal ?

As to Romney I would expect him to respect and balance both intelligently.Growth and pollution.

Here is a couple of ideas from a GOPer, me.
* Quit picking on the lumber industry so they can produce lumber as a renewable resource. Therefore get over wasting millions of gal. of oil on plastic bags and go back to paper bags.
* Charge $ 0.05 deposit on every plastic bottle so they get recycled across the nation and cut down on the oil used to make them. Or keep the money in the states.

The Dems are controlled by the Greenie Freaks such as the destruction caused by the Spotted Owl hoax.
John

Emory, TX

#16 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be the ATTACK DOG that I'm accused of being. I'll be nice ( until somebody plays the RACE CARD ).
It was the GOP that brought conservation to the US with TR.
It was Nixon , love or hate him , that created the EPA.
As to world polution China , India , Indonesia and other Asian countries are running a muck with polution so what can any POTUS do to stop it or slow it down. The Kyoto Accords would of destroyed us economically.Would you want oil used here or have our oil shipped to China where their standards are much lower and the same for coal ?
As to Romney I would expect him to respect and balance both intelligently.Growth and pollution.
Here is a couple of ideas from a GOPer, me.
* Quit picking on the lumber industry so they can produce lumber as a renewable resource. Therefore get over wasting millions of gal. of oil on plastic bags and go back to paper bags.
* Charge $ 0.05 deposit on every plastic bottle so they get recycled across the nation and cut down on the oil used to make them. Or keep the money in the states.
The Dems are controlled by the Greenie Freaks such as the destruction caused by the Spotted Owl hoax.
The republican party has changed since TR or Lincoln. Yes, produce lumber in a sustainable manner. Old growth forrests are valuable to show out kids where they came from. I personally use the same bag over and over when I go shopping. Plastic bags suck. I would support a deposit on plastic bottles. It's a damn shame how many end up in the garbage. Over packaging is a disgrace to the human race. Every species is dependent on another and actually many others. That includes humans. Please don't confuse those that burn down rich people's houses with those that care about the things that provide us life. We can make it so that that nature can't support humans. The planet doesn't care. It's not going anywhere for a while. Our kids deserve a decent place to live. There's no reason why we can't have prosperity and a good healthy life at the same time. Humans can't be that stupid to kill ourselves for the love of a new Hummer. It's everyone's responsibility. Romney doesn't get any of that, much less Ryan.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#17 Sep 30, 2012
WE must develop OUR OWN!

GEEZ, IF ENERGY IS DOMESTIC THERE THEN THE WARMONGERS AND THE IMPERIALISTS IN AMERICA WON'T HAVE AN EXCUSE TO TRY TO CONQUER THE WORLD.
Gravediggers wrote:
WE must develop OUR OWN!
NO in NOvember
NO to OWEbama
VOTE NOv 6th
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Sep 30, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican party has changed since TR or Lincoln. Yes, produce lumber in a sustainable manner. Old growth forrests are valuable to show out kids where they came from. I personally use the same bag over and over when I go shopping. Plastic bags suck. I would support a deposit on plastic bottles. It's a damn shame how many end up in the garbage. Over packaging is a disgrace to the human race. Every species is dependent on another and actually many others. That includes humans. Please don't confuse those that burn down rich people's houses with those that care about the things that provide us life. We can make it so that that nature can't support humans. The planet doesn't care. It's not going anywhere for a while. Our kids deserve a decent place to live. There's no reason why we can't have prosperity and a good healthy life at the same time. Humans can't be that stupid to kill ourselves for the love of a new Hummer. It's everyone's responsibility. Romney doesn't get any of that, much less Ryan.
That's a matter of opinion whether Romney or Ryan get it or not.
John

Emory, TX

#19 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a matter of opinion whether Romney or Ryan get it or not.
Yes, it is a matter of opinion. I can't be everywhere at once, but I have never heard Romney talking about these things that I am concerned about, which makes me think he just doesn't get it, I hear him talk a lot about money though. I care about money too, but what good does that do without a decent environment in which to live.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#20 Oct 1, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a matter of opinion. I can't be everywhere at once, but I have never heard Romney talking about these things that I am concerned about, which makes me think he just doesn't get it, I hear him talk a lot about money though. I care about money too, but what good does that do without a decent environment in which to live.
What station do you watch?

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/20...
ONTG

Carol Stream, IL

#21 Oct 1, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Prehaps Obama, the FW and their brats should start the process of conserving energy- they can stay home instead of taking fancy vacations all over the world!
DEMOCRAT SLAVE LABOR

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Oct 1, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. The Republican and Democrat Party have never changed their basic values. Republicans have been about freedom and less government since their break from the Whig. They separated because they believed in freedom, and freedom intended for black slaves too. That tenet has never changed. When the Democrat Party realized they could not exert control over blacks after Republicans set blacks free, they sought to put them back on the plantation through welfare. They succeeded. It took big government bullying to increase taxes and to administer the welfare programs, which bloated the Democrat Party government. The KKK racists who ran the DNC party eventually died off, but the core remained with DNC. Fullbright was Bill Clinton's top mentor, and received an honorary station from Bill. Fullbright was an overt KKK and racist. Voters who did not believe in big government stayed or migrated to GOP in the belief of freedom for everyone. This translates into freedom not dependence. YOU JUST FOLLOW WHAT YOU'RE TOLD ABOUT THE PARTIES. This is the unfortunate result of the New Deal and Great Society. While Democrat presidents like Truman and LBJ made promised to black americans for votes, they reneged after the election on lynching laws and desegregation. UNBELIEVABLE. It took Eisenhower to finally implement those laws. But, eventually all americans who latched on to welfare never bothered with the reneging of promises because they got their promised loot. The exact same thing is happening NOW with Barack.

TWEETS

"I Heard Mitt Romney , Tryna Take Away Food Stamps , If He Do ."IMA START A RIOT , IMA START A RIOT"

http://twitter.com/shenenehh/status/251370422...

Explain why all 245 retweets all black twitterers

IT'S ABOUT THE FOOD STAMPS.

Romney is right. Barack has bought out 40% Americans with free phones and EBT.

Meanwhile, Jay Z and Beyonce hold $4 million dollar dinner for Barack. What was served, a dinosaur?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten ...

69% Oppose Efforts to Increase Those on Food Stamps
64% Think Too Many Americans Dependent on Government Financial Aid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Chiropractors Discuss: Is Going Barefoot ... Sep 21 Chiropractor from... 6
books physique Sep 20 zohhir ilias 1
Books Math Sep 20 zohhir ilias 1
YESTERDAY a Aug '14 Deanna-Jo Swett 2
Jesse Ventura Swoons Over Fidel Castro and Che ... Aug '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 17
Study says Erie is unhappy, but happily cheap Jul '14 Frugality Fatigue 31
Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Suicide Risk... Jul '14 Jumper The wise 86

Harvard University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE