Farmers' right to choose

Farmers' right to choose

There are 1 comment on the The Burlington Free Press story from Nov 21, 2012, titled Farmers' right to choose. In it, The Burlington Free Press reports that:

I am a Vermont farmer, unaffiliated with Green Mountain College. I raise animals for many purposes including meat, and I feel strongly that I and all farmers should have the right to choose the fate of our animals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Burlington Free Press.

Heather Alexander

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#1 Nov 27, 2012
How fortunate we humans are to enjoy so many rights. And how pitiful that animals have only a grudging few. Brill and Lou earned the right to have a decent humane retirement. The outpouring of support for the oxen was generated by the injustice of the decision by GMC to slaughter them after ten years of servitude. The majority of outrage was from a meat eating animal lovers public, who are seeking fair play for the oxen. Relax. Your fiefdom is secure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Mountain College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GMC oxen pair headed to slaughterhouse (Oct '12) Feb '13 nono 17
News College unmoved by outpouring for oxen (Oct '12) Nov '12 Stephanie 6
News Malone apartment damaged by fire (Oct '12) Nov '12 obvious 2
News Green Mountain College to Slaughter Two Oxen (Oct '12) Oct '12 linda 73
News Opponents of plan to slaughter college's oxen t... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Kevin Clarke 1
News Despite Protest, College Plans To Slaughter, Se... (Oct '12) Oct '12 linda ahvenniemi 1
News URGENT: Save Bill and Lou from Slaughter (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nancy T 1
More from around the web