Meet Ron Paul...Candidate for Preside...

Meet Ron Paul...Candidate for President of The United States

There are 12 comments on the www.vote1ronpaul.com story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Meet Ron Paul...Candidate for President of The United States. In it, www.vote1ronpaul.com reports that:

Congressman Ron Paul is the number one leading advocate for freedom in the nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul works tirelessly for limited constitutional government, free markets and low taxes, and a return to sound monetary policies. He's known among his congressional colleagues and constituents for his consistent voting record.

Dr. Ron Paul votes according to the constitution. He is the ONLY politition in the House that consistantly does so. As the former Treasury Secretary William Simon said, Dr. Paul is the “one exception to the Gang of 535” on Capitol Hill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.vote1ronpaul.com.

DobyTheDoggy

“The face you love to hate!”

Since: Jan 08

Gatorade...is it in you? HAHA!

#1 Aug 5, 2008
He seems like a smart guy.

Bump this for my favorite Black Cuban! ;-)

DobyTheDoggy

“The face you love to hate!”

Since: Jan 08

Gatorade...is it in you? HAHA!

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Where does he stand on these issues?

Economy

Iraq

Afghanistan

Immigration

Capitalism/Socialism/Deregulat ion

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#3 Aug 5, 2008
DobyTheDoggy wrote:
He seems like a smart guy.
Bump this for my favorite Black Cuban! ;-)
haha.. you know i was going to see this.

aww thanks doby.

hehe

i love ron paul!

but of course he won't win.. lol.

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#4 Aug 5, 2008
DobyTheDoggy wrote:
Where does he stand on these issues?
Economy
Iraq
Afghanistan
Immigration
Capitalism/Socialism/Deregulat ion
he's against the war in iraq and afghanistan because we illegally went into war sans any formal declaration of war.

as for immigration, he's calling it like it is. the reason we're being so lax on mexican immigrants is because of the NAU.

it would defeat the purpose of the Security and Propsperity Partnership of North America which is trilateral that the US, Canada and Mexico entered into back in 2004.

capitalism isn't the problem with dr. paul, but it's the privatization of currently public services, the lobbyist machine, and governmental conflicts of interests that he's not big on and neither am i.

that's a recipe for disaster.

DobyTheDoggy

“The face you love to hate!”

Since: Jan 08

Gatorade...is it in you? HAHA!

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Black-Cuban_Mami wrote:
<quoted text>
he's against the war in iraq and afghanistan because we illegally went into war sans any formal declaration of war.
as for immigration, he's calling it like it is. the reason we're being so lax on mexican immigrants is because of the NAU.
it would defeat the purpose of the Security and Propsperity Partnership of North America which is trilateral that the US, Canada and Mexico entered into back in 2004.
capitalism isn't the problem with dr. paul, but it's the privatization of currently public services, the lobbyist machine, and governmental conflicts of interests that he's not big on and neither am i.
that's a recipe for disaster.
Wow! Know a little somethin' about him?? LOL!!

Well, I agree with him on Iraq completely. As for Afghanistan I don't but I can see why people see things differently.

As for the government structure, it would seem that the vast majority of people agree that if there were no lobbyists, this would be a much better country.

Why do you suppose he doesn't do as well with such a people orientated message?(damn, how's that for the obvious cynicism request?)

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#6 Aug 5, 2008
DobyTheDoggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Know a little somethin' about him?? LOL!!
Well, I agree with him on Iraq completely. As for Afghanistan I don't but I can see why people see things differently.
As for the government structure, it would seem that the vast majority of people agree that if there were no lobbyists, this would be a much better country.
Why do you suppose he doesn't do as well with such a people orientated message?(damn, how's that for the obvious cynicism request?)
i know a good amount about a lot of senators/congress folk. i keep up on who votes for what because they'll say WHATEVER it takes to get elected, but i prefer to go by someone's H of R voting history.

like the article said.. he is the only politician who consistently votes as the constitution gives them boundaries to do.

i see where you're coming from in terms of iraq, but not afghanistan.

i'm sorry, but the US has the capability to take a photo of your fingerprint from space... they can't find obama?

lol no one wants to find obama or his ass would have been found already.

they found saddams ass supposedly hiding in a hole buried like underground but they can't find a 6'3+ dude with liver issues?

afghanistan was implemented so we could pretty much force them into allowing them to build an oil pipeline THROUGH afghanistan.

the US used to love them some taliban until they weren't keen on this pipeline being built.

we overthrew the taliban and the pipeline is on track now, not to really look for osama.

everything anyone does.. especially in government oft times has an ulterior impetus behind it.

ron paul won't get far because the neocons are NOT fans of the constitution.. PERIOD.

even bush has been quoted saying that the constitution is nothing but a goddamn piece of paper (i encourage anyone to google that quote.. you'll find that came out of his mouth.)

the constitution affords us a certain level of civil liberties that neocons just DON'T like.

ron paul is old skool republicn.. which is FOR the republic and NOT big business with their governmental cronies who enact pro corp agendas such as privatization of things that were already paid for.

like highways.. what's up with these formerly publically tax dollar paid for highways NOW becoming toll roads in texas? and being tolled by FOREIGN companies!

that's why ron paul won't win.. because they can't keep bending us over with no vaseline if he does win.

everything this administration has done was without almost ANY congressional oversight and is supra-constitutional.

i wish more people were politically aware, but hey.. why care about things that have bearing upon our sovreignty when there is britney spears, beyonce, and american idol to worry about?

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#7 Aug 5, 2008
haha i mean osama.. lol not obama

damn their names are too similar.

i must have obama on my obraina..
TheRealDeal

Englewood, CO

#8 Aug 5, 2008
Black-Cuban_Mami wrote:
haha i mean osama.. lol not obama
damn their names are too similar.
i must have obama on my obraina..
LOL,Obama is crazy to lie to the public that he will pull the troops out if he is elected when its not in his power to do so.Also,though Bush f&cked up for starting the war in the first place,youd have to be crazy just pull out in the middle of the shit,thats like me punching you in the face and then turning my back on you.People let their emotions take the best of their thinking.

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#9 Aug 5, 2008
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,Obama is crazy to lie to the public that he will pull the troops out if he is elected when its not in his power to do so.Also,though Bush f&cked up for starting the war in the first place,youd have to be crazy just pull out in the middle of the shit,thats like me punching you in the face and then turning my back on you.People let their emotions take the best of their thinking.
lol actually.. the US withdrawing from the war would be tantamount to being b*tch slapped in the face for some sh*t you had no business doing in the first place.

“the ONE AND ONLY OC ;)”

Since: Apr 08

trust no imitators ;)

#10 Aug 5, 2008
Black-Cuban_Mami wrote:
<quoted text>
haha.. you know i was going to see this.
aww thanks doby.
hehe
i love ron paul!
but of course he won't win.. lol.
sadly no.(;o(

typhoon...level 8 watch...AGAIN.

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#11 Aug 5, 2008
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,Obama is crazy to lie to the public that he will pull the troops out if he is elected when its not in his power to do so.Also,though Bush f&cked up for starting the war in the first place,youd have to be crazy just pull out in the middle of the shit,thats like me punching you in the face and then turning my back on you.People let their emotions take the best of their thinking.
p.s.. obama is not going to pull out sh*t and mark my words..

obama will NOT win.

mc cain is thair man.

and obama is a globalist a-hole.

stupid blacks jump on his bandwagon when he doesn't represent them.

he's distantly related to mc cain just like kerry was related to bush and they're ALL related to the british queen.

like i said.

i refuse to vote for the other half of the same corrupted coin.

“the answer to 1984 is 1776”

Since: Jan 08

cali girl born & raised

#12 Aug 6, 2008
oc creole lady in macau wrote:
<quoted text>sadly no.(;o(
typhoon...level 8 watch...AGAIN.
oh no..has it passed?

at least you aren't dealing with wildfires right now.

lol they both make you have to evacuate.. one just burns your roof off and the other just blows it off..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blue and Gray Bar & Grill opens in Gettysburg (Apr '12) Feb '16 Gettysburg Resident 207
News Former Gettysburg College professor gets prison... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Steve Gratman 2
News Gettysburg professor arrested for arranging sex... (Aug '14) Feb '15 Costard 37
News Salsa on the Square (Oct '14) Oct '14 Daisy 2
News Man charged for assault, fire at Gettysburg Nat... (Aug '14) Aug '14 St David 1
News Gettysburg College said 27 students violated ca... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Petal Power 1
News Gettysburg college students testify in Philadel... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Just a thought 7
More from around the web