Sireno pushes 4-year Darton

Sireno pushes 4-year Darton

There are 9 comments on the www.albanyherald.com story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Sireno pushes 4-year Darton. In it, www.albanyherald.com reports that:

Peter Sireno says Darton College becoming a four-year school would keep some metro students from attending other schools... for area students who "do not want the historically black college and university experience.”

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.albanyherald.com.

RATTLER83

Wayzata, MN

#1 Feb 20, 2009
Education is education,until we stop falling for the belife that everthing white is right,we will continue fighting this old battle.We are a great nation of people and have nothing to be ashame about.
Gangbusters

Davenport, IA

#2 Feb 21, 2009
RATTLER83 wrote:
Education is education,until we stop falling for the belife that everthing white is right,we will continue fighting this old battle.We are a great nation of people and have nothing to be ashame about.
Except, of course, the quality of your education gangster.(your spelling and your local gang name suggests an ASU alumnus maybe?)

Your post reinforces Dr. Sireno's point about a quality education vs. the "black" experience.
bassman

Perry, GA

#3 Feb 21, 2009
The quality of education will go down if Darton is combined with ASU. That is a fact that some people will not accept or like.
CAVALIER79

Athens, GA

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Gangbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, the quality of your education gangster.(your spelling and your local gang name suggests an ASU alumnus maybe?)
Your post reinforces Dr. Sireno's point about a quality education vs. the "black" experience.
Your post reinforces the fact that probably all of us need to expand our horizon (You too). Rattler83 could be a reference to being a Florida A&M Alumnus (not everything Black is "GANSTA"). And with the advent of cellphone email/texting, who's really able to determine the difference between a mistyped or misspelled word?

Geez.
Hope

Davenport, IA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
CAVALIER79 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post reinforces the fact that probably all of us need to expand our horizon (You too). Rattler83 could be a reference to being a Florida A&M Alumnus (not everything Black is "GANSTA"). And with the advent of cellphone email/texting, who's really able to determine the difference between a mistyped or misspelled word?
Geez.
Rattlers is the name of Albany's worst negro gang.
CAVALIER79

Athens, GA

#6 Feb 26, 2009
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Rattlers is the name of Albany's worst negro gang.
RATTLER is also the name that Florida A&M Alumnae call themselves. Look it up.
getthefactsstr8

Albany, GA

#7 Feb 26, 2009
ASU is 90% African American; Darton is 41% African American 53% white and 6% various other nationalities. What he was trying to say was some kids would prefer a more diverse college experience. Darton is a more integrated school, Albany State is a great university but lacks diversity. I think the addition of Darton as a 4 year school can only complement ASU by providing an alternative college experience and increase the number of educated citizens in our region.
Chris

Valdosta, GA

#8 Mar 6, 2009
"Negro gang" - Are you serious?

Secondly, can anyone tell me what an “Histrocially black college and univeristy experience” is?
Chris

Valdosta, GA

#9 Mar 7, 2009
Revised

"Negro gang" - Are you serious?

Secondly, can anyone tell me what an “Histrionically black college and university experience” is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Southwestern State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Subpoena power for citizens review boards spurs... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Dell 1
News Bryan wins GSW Excellence & Commitment to Teach... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jermaine 2
News Bainbridge College Welcomes McGee as Business A... (Mar '10) Mar '10 straight shooter 1
More from around the web