More Catholic College Holding LGBT Gr...

More Catholic College Holding LGBT Graduations

There are 45 comments on the EDGE story from May 3, 2012, titled More Catholic College Holding LGBT Graduations. In it, EDGE reports that:

A number of Catholic colleges around the country are holding special graduation ceremonies geared toward LGBT students, the Cardinal Newman Society Blog reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#21 May 4, 2012
born this way wrote:
Off subject, but I just noticed that you are in the Poconos. When I was a kid, we vacationed at Lake Wallenpaupak every summer. It is one of my treasured memories. And my dad had an aunt and uncle there, they had fish ponds and a greenhouse, across the street from a mortuary (also in the family).
Lake Wallenpaupak is now a developed resort area.As a kid,we would take boat excursions on the lake.I haven't been there in some time.It is a very nice area.I live in a small nearby area by myself.I miss only not having a steady,caring companion.Heart disease is not the #1 killer in the U.S.;Loneliness is!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#22 May 4, 2012
People who read the Bible critically are usually confused at first. Then they realize that it's not self-consistent, and that's okay. Of course, there are also many who don't have enough critical reading skills to become confused.

Location hidden

#23 May 4, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
People who read the Bible critically are usually confused at first. Then they realize that it's not self-consistent, and that's okay. Of course, there are also many who don't have enough critical reading skills to become confused.
You are so right.I never thought of it that way.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#24 May 4, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
Too many people are not taught that the bible is NOT "a book", but a large colection of individual books and other writings, written by many individuals, from many different traditions, and with different purposes and agendas, and separted by many hndreds of years.

I think there are too many poeple who mistakenly believe that God sat down one day and dictated to a human, the writings that we now call the bible, and that it was written down by one guy all at once.

It just aint that way.
Mehtt Romney

Cheltenham, PA

#25 May 4, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>The One.True,Christian God NEVER did require any human being to provide a blood sacrifice.Yes,in the Old Testament.Jewish Worshippers did offer animal sacrifice.In Genesis,Able offered a lamb sacrifice.It is my undestanding that God never did ask for blood sacrifices.Yes,it is written that God asked Abraham to sacrifice Issac;however,there is some debate over this story.
As long as you stfu with your buybull babble and everything else in church like the good book clearly commands then you may have your buybull opinions.

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

Otherwise don't be a fcking idiot.
Mehtt Romney

Cheltenham, PA

#26 May 4, 2012
born this way wrote:
OK all you believers out there. Please explain the central tenets of your "faith." Why is your deity so concerned with blood? You have your choice of thousands and thousands of deities that have been worshiped by humans - why pick the one who is only satisfied by a blood sacrifice? Is this not the foundation of your whole religion? Do you really think a deity who will only be happy with a blood sacrifice is worthy of your respect and belief?
Excuse me, Christians picked three.(Except for my strapping Mormon down low dudes - they don't believe in the Trinity.)

It's just the three they picked are one.

Don't let your head explode on the way out.

Location hidden

#27 May 4, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many people are not taught that the bible is NOT "a book", but a large colection of individual books and other writings, written by many individuals, from many different traditions, and with different purposes and agendas, and separted by many hndreds of years.
I think there are too many poeple who mistakenly believe that God sat down one day and dictated to a human, the writings that we now call the bible, and that it was written down by one guy all at once.
It just aint that way.
I Agree!

Location hidden

#28 May 4, 2012
Mehtt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stfu with your buybull babble and everything else in church like the good book clearly commands then you may have your buybull opinions.
"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)
Otherwise don't be a fcking idiot.
Tell me,Romney,"What LAW says that Women should be silent in Churches?"Has it ever even occurred to you that MORE THAN half the population of the U.S. are Women.What exactly don't you like about Women?Since you do read The Bible,don't you also know that God Created Women,by His Own Hands and by His deliberate Design from flesh and blood;not from dirt;as a Gift for man.
Mehtt Romney

Cheltenham, PA

#29 May 4, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me,Romney,"What LAW says that Women should be silent in Churches?"Has it ever even occurred to you that MORE THAN half the population of the U.S. are Women.What exactly don't you like about Women?Since you do read The Bible,don't you also know that God Created Women,by His Own Hands and by His deliberate Design from flesh and blood;not from dirt;as a Gift for man.
Oh, are you trying out for special ed?

My point is that the buybull is full of nonsense that even fundies - particularly bigot fundies if you're talking about the Gospels or the golden rule - don't begin to follow. I'm not arguing that women must be silent or keep their noggins covered in church. The buybull is arguing that.

But the religious freeeks sure like to quote the six or so disputed homosex scare passages...even though they themselves ignore most of the buybull.

There, is that simple enough for you?

Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law's enemies and get his daughter for a wife - David
(I Samuel 18:27)

“Now bring me the enemies who didn’t want me to be their king. Kill them while I watch.” Luke 19:27

Location hidden

#30 May 4, 2012
Mehtt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, are you trying out for special ed?
My point is that the buybull is full of nonsense that even fundies - particularly bigot fundies if you're talking about the Gospels or the golden rule - don't begin to follow. I'm not arguing that women must be silent or keep their noggins covered in church. The buybull is arguing that.
But the religious freeeks sure like to quote the six or so disputed homosex scare passages...even though they themselves ignore most of the buybull.
There, is that simple enough for you?
Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law's enemies and get his daughter for a wife - David
(I Samuel 18:27)
“Now bring me the enemies who didn’t want me to be their king. Kill them while I watch.” Luke 19:27
Romney,hon,you have me confused;but,very interested.I don't mean to offend you;but,I still do not understand your point.If you could be more clear;perhaps I wouldn't need the 'special ed' classes?***stephenie
Mehtt Romney

Cheltenham, PA

#31 May 5, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Romney,hon,you have me confused;but,very interested.I don't mean to offend you;but,I still do not understand your point.If you could be more clear;perhaps I wouldn't need the 'special ed' classes?***stephenie
No, I can't make it more clear, you dumb fck. Git ur hom skool teechur. Learn how to use punctuation. Either follow the buybull or don't - don't just pick five percent out of it that you decide to follow because that five percent suits you.

And keep silent in church. They don't need more stupid there. They have enough stupid.

Location hidden

#32 May 5, 2012
Mehtt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't make it more clear, you dumb fck. Git ur hom skool teechur. Learn how to use punctuation. Either follow the buybull or don't - don't just pick five percent out of it that you decide to follow because that five percent suits you.
And keep silent in church. They don't need more stupid there. They have enough stupid.
Sorry I made you mad.I prefer to please a guy rather than make him angry.
Mehtt Romney

Cheltenham, PA

#33 May 5, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I made you mad.I prefer to please a guy rather than make him angry.
If you want to please right wing, buybull banging men then you should keep your head covered and keep silent in church...like the buybull instructs.

I don't think you have a shot at pleasing other kinds of men than right wing, buybull banging ones.
born this way

Lewes, DE

#34 May 5, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
Anecdotally, I often hear it said that some people become non-believers when they actually do read the bible. I can certainly see why, having read the whole book myself.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#35 May 5, 2012
born this way wrote:
<quoted text>
Anecdotally, I often hear it said that some people become non-believers when they actually do read the bible. I can certainly see why, having read the whole book myself.
Bart Ehrman, for one. He is one of the foremost bible scholars today. He was an evangelical who set out to confirm that everything in the bible is true. Guess what he found out?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#36 May 5, 2012
title of this article: Wow.. isn't that..... oxymoron?
born this way

Lewes, DE

#37 May 5, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
title of this article: Wow.. isn't that..... oxymoron?
That's why I thought this whole article must be a ruse or a joke.

Location hidden

#38 May 5, 2012
Mehtt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to please right wing, buybull banging men then you should keep your head covered and keep silent in church...like the buybull instructs.
I don't think you have a shot at pleasing other kinds of men than right wing, buybull banging ones.
Oh,I believe that I do have a very good shot at pleasing men.
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Cheltenham, PA

#39 May 5, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Oh,I believe that I do have a very good shot at pleasing men.
Be silent in church like the buybull instructs, harlot.

Location hidden

#40 May 6, 2012
Dr Reker s Bellhop wrote:
<quoted text>
Be silent in church like the buybull instructs, harlot.
I am not a harlot.Isn't a woman's natural job to provide consentual sex?Without it;none of us would be here.What don't you like about women?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mental health front and centre at conference Jun 4 HumanSpirit 1
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) May '16 TrumpSIAH 52
News Pro-illegal immigration students rip choice of ... May '16 ronnie 3
News Career education making a comeback in US high s... Apr '16 Janice 1
News Georgetown Student Paper Hails Cecile Richards'... Apr '16 cpeter1313 1
News Acclaimed pianist Bruce Levingston explores art... Apr '16 LUCY MARIE JANE 1
News Student needs help for summer program Apr '16 LUCY MARIE JANE 1
More from around the web