Muslim students at Catholic University complain Christian symbols make them uncomfortable ...

Oct 27, 2011 Full story: www.jihadwatch.org 367

Crucifixes? At a Catholic university? How about that.

Of course, at the heart of this complaint is the hope of establishing a Muslim prayer space on the campus that would be subject to different standards than the rest of the university -- a little enclave of Islamic law where its ban on the display of crosses would be "respected" ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
LBer

Diamond Bar, CA

#375 Nov 8, 2011
cairene wrote:
Trisha, did you just take in the views which supported your view that Islam is the root cause of most terror related activities prepertrated by Muslims? Because there is a good lot of us here which have denounced and state that there is nothing in the Quran which supports such activites?
I think it is a natural human reaction to assume that the true, or most representative of a religion, are either originators of the religion, or the most vocal of a religion, or those you see performing the most acts in the name of that religion...and if all of these groups are the same group, then all the more reason to believe you are seeing what that religion truly is.

If this is incorrect, if somehow these are a minor few, and they have somehow erroneously convinced the world that THEY are Islam, then as a representative of the 'true' Islam, I would think it would behoove me to rise up in consternation - frustration -incredulity-etc. and march in cities all over the world, appear on television to denounce these people, support organizations that denounce these 'hardliners', howl and make a ruckus.

But do we see this? No. Abit of lip service on some blogs. An occasional apologetic and sympathetic nod to our 'slightly overzealous' brothers. It's simply not enough. If what you say is true, you should be mortified and fighting vehemently this image.

Come on, people march in the streets and make a huge deal for all sorts of stupid crap these days, and you guys do so little to dispel this 'supposed' highjacking of your religion?

Do you wonder the world just doesn't buy it?
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

#376 Nov 10, 2011
Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
...John Gilchrist (a really nice and gentle christian apologist so nice that I disagreed with his approach when he debated Shabir Ally) was responsible for major rebuttals to Ahmed Deedats claims (google his book!) that Deedat failed to respond to to the dissapointment of his muslim supporters. I think you can find Ahmad Deedats criticism all over the internet as well as I can, even from muslims. Here're some examples:
http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Deedat/c...
It was no surprise at all that Deedat refused to respond to christians demand of answering their counter rebuttals because it was impossible to explain the reason of taking things out of context. In refusing to offer an answer a guy called David Foster, he said:"I am like a man riding along in a caravan. A dog barking at the side of the road doesn't really pose a problem to me".
A group of south african muslim in THE MUSLIM DIGEST had this to say about Deedat:
http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Deedat/d...
which ended like this:
"If only Mr Deedat had heeded the warnings given to him on his un-Islamic method of propagating Islam, neither he nor the Muslim community would have suffered such a humiliating defeat. Incidentally, perhaps with wounded pride at the end of this humiliating defeat, Mr Deedat perhaps in frustration, made certain defamatory statements against Mr John Gilchrist that led to a court action by Mr Gilchrist, after Deedat refused to make an apology. Deedat lost the subsequent court action and paid damages and costs totalling to R2,138-00"
found this online book/debate analysis by Gilchrist and McDowell:

http://www.ccel.us/islamdebate.toc.html

note the link to McDowell/Deedat debate transcript
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

#377 Nov 10, 2011
LBer wrote:
I think it is a natural human reaction to assume that the true, or most representative of a religion, are either originators of the religion, or the most vocal of a religion, or those you see performing the most acts in the name of that religion...and if all of these groups are the same group, then all the more reason to believe you are seeing what that religion truly is.
If this is incorrect, if somehow these are a minor few, and they have somehow erroneously convinced the world that THEY are Islam, then as a representative of the 'true' Islam, I would think it would behoove me to rise up in consternation - frustration -incredulity-etc. and march in cities all over the world, appear on television to denounce these people, support organizations that denounce these 'hardliners', howl and make a ruckus.
But do we see this? No. Abit of lip service on some blogs. An occasional apologetic and sympathetic nod to our 'slightly overzealous' brothers. It's simply not enough. If what you say is true, you should be mortified and fighting vehemently this image.
Come on, people march in the streets and make a huge deal for all sorts of stupid crap these days, and you guys do so little to dispel this 'supposed' highjacking of your religion?
Do you wonder the world just doesn't buy it?
A phenomenon I frequently notice during muslim-christian debate is muslim's objection to New Testament's "falsehood" by claiming that it deviates from old testament's harsher laws and punishments as if they would prefer a Christianity that goes back to the old Mosaic laws instead of its current "kindness" that everyone seems to love.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#378 Nov 10, 2011
The Imam should build them their own school.
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

#379 Nov 10, 2011
LBer wrote:
I think it is a natural human reaction to assume that the true, or most representative of a religion, are either originators of the religion, or the most vocal of a religion, or those you see performing the most acts in the name of that religion...and if all of these groups are the same group, then all the more reason to believe you are seeing what that religion truly is.
If this is incorrect, if somehow these are a minor few, and they have somehow erroneously convinced the world that THEY are Islam, then as a representative of the 'true' Islam, I would think it would behoove me to rise up in consternation - frustration -incredulity-etc. and march in cities all over the world, appear on television to denounce these people, support organizations that denounce these 'hardliners', howl and make a ruckus.
But do we see this? No. Abit of lip service on some blogs. An occasional apologetic and sympathetic nod to our 'slightly overzealous' brothers. It's simply not enough. If what you say is true, you should be mortified and fighting vehemently this image.
Come on, people march in the streets and make a huge deal for all sorts of stupid crap these days, and you guys do so little to dispel this 'supposed' highjacking of your religion?
Do you wonder the world just doesn't buy it?
well, the only religion I know of that would allow public prayers like this to continue:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T03...
bmz

La Jolla, CA

#380 Nov 10, 2011
Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
A phenomenon I frequently notice during muslim-christian debate is muslim's objection to New Testament's "falsehood" by claiming that it deviates from old testament's harsher laws and punishments as if they would prefer a Christianity that goes back to the old Mosaic laws instead of its current "kindness" that everyone seems to love.
something goon bastard muslims don't want to acknowledge is if the new covenant is not in place , that piece of shit bastard mofreak mohammad and his goon bastard companions should expect no mercy if they are slaughtered in the name of their own six century allah by practicing christians, christian soldiers and priests.

f. islam.
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

#381 Nov 14, 2011
bump for PaliRose, who finally made a progress in naming a school she attended in this post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TEM...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romney, Clinton offer signs 2016 election will ... Jan 19 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
Ian Tuttle: Diagnosing Conservatism as a Mental... Nov '14 Giuliani the Frau... 1
Investigative journalist Jose Antonio Vargas to... Nov '14 STOMP AN ILLEGAL ... 1
Obama: Global Warming Threatens 'Hopes and Drea... Nov '14 Earthling-1 4
The Islamic State gets the political treatment ... Oct '14 WasteWater 12
Susan Rice goes to China in bid to salvage rela... Sep '14 RayHCpp 1
Conflicts Engulf Christians in Mideast Aug '14 jinxi 1
More from around the web