Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments Drive G...

Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments Drive Georgetown To Defend Student Sandra Fluke

There are 7 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments Drive Georgetown To Defend Student Sandra Fluke. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Officials at Georgetown University came to the defense of Sandra Fluke on Friday, criticizing radio host Rush Limbaugh for calling the third-year law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" after she spoke out on birth control insurance coverage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Obskeptic

Brea, CA

#1 Mar 3, 2012
The democrats and liberals are so good at fomenting outrage where there was none. Beats trying to explain their failed leadership and policy initiatives.
Anne

Washington, DC

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Rush Limbaugh started all this with his big, flapping, ignorant mouth, and he is now being held accountable for having made one hateful, ignorant, unwarranted remark too many.
Joe-35

Herndon, VA

#3 Mar 3, 2012
Anne wrote:
Rush Limbaugh started all this with his big, flapping, ignorant mouth, and he is now being held accountable for having made one hateful, ignorant, unwarranted remark too many.
Anne, the man is not ignorant, not by a long shot. What he IS, is a bore, crude beyond belief, rude to say the least, two-faced, obnoxious and is getting unbelievable rich by preaching to the uninformed and undereducated. And, he is loved by many members of our fine country's senators.
Anne

Washington, DC

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Joe-35 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne, the man is not ignorant, not by a long shot. What he IS, is a bore, crude beyond belief, rude to say the least, two-faced, obnoxious and is getting unbelievable rich by preaching to the uninformed and undereducated. And, he is loved by many members of our fine country's senators.
He just apologized to Ms. Fluke, which is a famous first for a man whom you correctly described as "crude beyond belief, rude to say the least.." I suspect that it's only because of all the well-deserved flak he got and the fact that sponsors were deserting him. It's called damage control, which may be too little, too late.
Joe-35

Herndon, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2012
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
He just apologized to Ms. Fluke, which is a famous first for a man whom you correctly described as "crude beyond belief, rude to say the least.." I suspect that it's only because of all the well-deserved flak he got and the fact that sponsors were deserting him. It's called damage control, which may be too little, too late.
I am glad he apologized. I hope it was sincere and not just money driven, as in losing sponsors. His personality is what attracts listeners to him. Some people really like him and appreciate his views on stuff. I wish him well but I really don't share his views nor his manner.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#6 Apr 8, 2012
Joe-35 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad he apologized. I hope it was sincere and not just money driven, as in losing sponsors. His personality is what attracts listeners to him. Some people really like him and appreciate his views on stuff. I wish him well but I really don't share his views nor his manner.
He is still broadcasting on 600 stations, and lost five advertisers. Some of those same advertisers are trying to get back on his show, but they have already been replaced by others. Rush came out ahead on this deal. Time will demonstrate that because a lie can only survive so long, even when it is being told by a concert of bullies we all know as liberals.
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#7 Apr 10, 2012
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
He is still broadcasting on 600 stations, and lost five advertisers. Some of those same advertisers are trying to get back on his show, but they have already been replaced by others. Rush came out ahead on this deal. Time will demonstrate that because a lie can only survive so long, even when it is being told by a concert of bullies we all know as liberals.
Limbaugh has actually lost over a hundred advertisers. While i think Limbaugh is crude, boorish, and makes up "facts" and manufactures outrage for ratings, he is an ENTERTAINER, period! BUT.... Limbaugh has freedom of speech to say what he wants, as do we all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) Jul 12 Lottery Mistress 55
News Michael Eric Dyson replacing Franken on Bill Ma... Jun '17 white white white... 2
News U.S. Senate Democrats may refuse to vote on Tru... May '17 Red Crosse 114
News Islamic Georgetown Prof Offers Tortured Defense... Mar '17 Texxy 1
News What's Wrong with Slavery and Rape? Feb '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 5
News The slippery slope to Trump's ban on Muslims (Dec '15) Feb '17 Rocky 2
News John Carroll University should change name, div... (Jan '17) Jan '17 JCU Streak 1
More from around the web