Lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't a...

Lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't apply in Martin case

There are 7 comments on the ClickOnDetroit story from Mar 24, 2012, titled Lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't apply in Martin case. In it, ClickOnDetroit reports that:

Attorneys for the family of an unarmed Florida teen shot to death last month plan to pursue a civil case against a homeowner's association, the family's lawyer said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 25, 2012
Isn't it amazing how this event happened a month ago and the story wasn't newsworthy-enough until the racebaiters got wind of it?
Michael Morris

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Mar 25, 2012
Sol wrote:
Isn't it amazing how this event happened a month ago and the story wasn't newsworthy-enough until the racebaiters got wind of it?
What is even more amazing is that Zimmerman had no lawful right whatsoever to chase Martin. That means he was engaged in a criminal act - chasing a man, armed or otherwise, constitutes assault. Now if you are assaulting someone do you have a right of self defense when your victim resists using his right of self defense? So the armed robber shoots the armed store owner and claims self defense?

There was a clear statement from martin's girlfriend that he was wary of the approaching Zimmerman. Zimmerman confirmed in his call to police that he was pursuing Martin clearly frustrated "they always get away". The next thing you know Zimmerman is screaming and shoots Martin.

If this kid doesn't get justice I hope those similarly at risk of the vigilante take the peace from the officials that have done everything a 1960's klan operation would to avoid prosecuting a lynch mob. Remember guys. It was the cops in this chain of command and the State Attorney that cooked this, not the citizens whose elected representatives voted no confidence in the police leadership.

And yes it does suck that the racial turmoil industry had to be the one to get this out there. The fact that Zimmerman is a soft punk who got his ass beat by a kid he was chasing with a gun doesn't change the fact that he killed Martin after assaulting him and all the bigoted cops and cynical prosecutors in the world aren't going to make that self defense bullshit fly with the whole world looking at it.
Above_The_Bull-i sh

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 25, 2012
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even more amazing is that Zimmerman had no lawful right whatsoever to chase Martin. That means he was engaged in a criminal act - chasing a man, armed or otherwise, constitutes assault. Now if you are assaulting someone do you have a right of self defense when your victim resists using his right of self defense? So the armed robber shoots the armed store owner and claims self defense?
There was a clear statement from martin's girlfriend that he was wary of the approaching Zimmerman. Zimmerman confirmed in his call to police that he was pursuing Martin clearly frustrated "they always get away". The next thing you know Zimmerman is screaming and shoots Martin.
If this kid doesn't get justice I hope those similarly at risk of the vigilante take the peace from the officials that have done everything a 1960's klan operation would to avoid prosecuting a lynch mob. Remember guys. It was the cops in this chain of command and the State Attorney that cooked this, not the citizens whose elected representatives voted no confidence in the police leadership.
And yes it does suck that the racial turmoil industry had to be the one to get this out there. The fact that Zimmerman is a soft punk who got his ass beat by a kid he was chasing with a gun doesn't change the fact that he killed Martin after assaulting him and all the bigoted cops and cynical prosecutors in the world aren't going to make that self defense bullshit fly with the whole world looking at it.

Thank you so much for that. Everything you said makes perfect sense!
oho

Van Wert, OH

#4 Mar 25, 2012
Sol wrote:
Yes it is amazing that it is being used as a political stunt by Obama to get votes on the death of this kid isn't it? He is using this boy as his pawn and everyone is jumping in to help him disrespect him and his death. Sorry SOB !!!!
Above_The_Bull-i sh

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Mar 25, 2012
oho wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is amazing that it is being used as a political stunt by Obama to get votes on the death of this kid isn't it? He is using this boy as his pawn and everyone is jumping in to help him disrespect him and his death. Sorry SOB !!!!

President Obama was forced to get involved just because he is black. Don't get it twisted. And stop making ignorant comments that are not even true.
oho

Van Wert, OH

#6 Mar 25, 2012
Above_The_Bull-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama was forced to get involved just because he is black. Don't get it twisted. And stop making ignorant comments that are not even true.
And what just exactly did I say that wasn't true? He did not have to get involved because he was black he got involved for votes !!!! That is pretty shitty to use this kid as his pawn to get votes. His parents should be outraged but then I guess they like the publicity and are hoping for a check which is more important than their son's life.You notice they are grieving so much that they went to a rally today to draw attention to themselves. Yes they are really heart broken aren't they.
Above_The_Bull-i sh

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Mar 26, 2012
oho wrote:
<quoted text>And what just exactly did I say that wasn't true? He did not have to get involved because he was black he got involved for votes !!!! That is pretty shitty to use this kid as his pawn to get votes. His parents should be outraged but then I guess they like the publicity and are hoping for a check which is more important than their son's life.You notice they are grieving so much that they went to a rally today to draw attention to themselves. Yes they are really heart broken aren't they.

See it the way you want it. Everybody wants to be a mind reader nowadays...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown University plans steps to atone for ... Sep 4 RMG El Rey de Tra... 15
News Georgetown University Unveils Plans to Address ... Sep 2 josh 2
News Georgetown University to make reparations for p... Sep 2 mike 1
News Can a revamped Roosevelt High serve everyone in... Aug '16 Was Nazareth Cruc... 5
News Mental health front and centre at conference Jun '16 HumanSpirit 1
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) May '16 TrumpSIAH 52
News Pro-illegal immigration students rip choice of ... May '16 ronnie 3
More from around the web