Local Woman Begins National Internet Effort to Get Rush Limbaugh Off the Air [POLL]

Mar 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

When Woodbury resident Colby Vendt's father asked her if she had heard Rush Limbaugh's recent comments about women, she took to the Internet and was shocked.

Comments
1 - 20 of 138 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
David

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Judged:

Get a life. Rush attacks absurd remarks with absurd remarks. Sure he could have done better but for anyone to say this is a womens issue is just blowing smoke. It is clearly a first amendment issue. LIBTARDS!!!!!!!!!!
Larry Durbin

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Judged:

When I use the word "distraught," I would like to indicate that I am not just upset, but beyond upset. Many miles beyond, in fact.
Don Imus gets fired for using a racial slur; and one or more people at ESPN get fired for using the phrase,“Chink in the Armor.” Yet, Rush Limbaugh goes beyond human credibility saying the worst, meanest, ugliest, and most vicious words in extreme, ranting detail about a humble law school student, Ms. Fluke, and there is not one word about firing the pompous ass. Why?!!! Limbaugh is an intelligent, experienced, and worldly commentator. Why has he not been fired? Why did the sun set on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after his repeated, despicable pronouncements and Tubby was not dismissed!! Is he too big to fail?!!! Where is the fairness in the media or in our country? Throw the bum out-NOW!! Is he going to get away with mere damage control and a half-hearted mea culpa? Get rid of him!!! And put it on YouTube so we can view it in detail.
MBH

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

David wrote:
Get a life. Rush attacks absurd remarks with absurd remarks. Sure he could have done better but for anyone to say this is a womens issue is just blowing smoke. It is clearly a first amendment issue. LIBTARDS!!!!!!!!!!
I lost an ovary and function of my uterus becasue birthcontrol was not covered on my health insurance that I pay for out of my pay check. It's not about the 1st amendment it's about womens health!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

MBH wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost an ovary and function of my uterus becasue birthcontrol was not covered on my health insurance that I pay for out of my pay check. It's not about the 1st amendment it's about womens health!
Any woman who is taking birth control knows that it is not about health. If you were worried about health you would be posting the side effects-I know two women that had strokes in their 20's because of this type of health. I took birth control for two weeks and puked every day-that is not health. Now birth control is being tied the mass amounts of breast cancer-are you calling that 'about women's health also'. Please explain how NOT having birth control caused your problems. I will wait.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Larry Durbin wrote:
When I use the word "distraught," I would like to indicate that I am not just upset, but beyond upset. Many miles beyond, in fact.
Don Imus gets fired for using a racial slur; and one or more people at ESPN get fired for using the phrase,“Chink in the Armor.” Yet, Rush Limbaugh goes beyond human credibility saying the worst, meanest, ugliest, and most vicious words in extreme, ranting detail about a humble law school student, Ms. Fluke, and there is not one word about firing the pompous ass. Why?!!! Limbaugh is an intelligent, experienced, and worldly commentator. Why has he not been fired? Why did the sun set on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after his repeated, despicable pronouncements and Tubby was not dismissed!! Is he too big to fail?!!! Where is the fairness in the media or in our country? Throw the bum out-NOW!! Is he going to get away with mere damage control and a half-hearted mea culpa? Get rid of him!!! And put it on YouTube so we can view it in detail.
I marched against the Rainbow coalition in Chicago when they ousted Imus. They were the most vile, hate filled women and men I had ever seen. They were for me because I was a petite white woman, but they were against me and threatened to have me arrested, told me to leave, called me a bitch, when I unfurled my sign and stood beside their picket line and listened to their hatred and vitriol against me as a Jew. My sign said. Mr Jackson, I am a Hymie, my God forgives, what is wrong with yours? They were so bad towards me, a person walked by and called the police. I asked the officer if I had to leave- he said NO I had as much right to be their as them. He took me to safety after the fact. This is when I became a conservative woman. It was about free speech with me, not about what some liberal women cried about.
Accem Scott

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Rush Limbaugh hands Obama a second term!
His statements about women are as idiotic as I’ve EVER heard. Rush Limbaugh recently called a Georgetown University law student “a slut”.
Women should unite across the planet in protest against Limbaugh’s narrow-minded views. I just couldn’t as a man who tries’…..and certainly not always successfully to understand the women in my life sit by and consume this bile without some word of protest. Women are different from men in so many ways but I’ve learned in the hardest of ways that the difference is GOOD. We need it!
We especially need it now…more than ever. I think and feel in my bones that women should lead the next revolution and the latest attacks on women prove my point perfectly. There have been and are enough women to have proved to us by now that women can move as many mountains as men. I believe there to be a need for the particular strength of women now during this, the crisis of our time. The people that are visibly working against freedoms for all of us are childish at best and much more ominous in the worst case. I think some women are sick in this culture because they don’t live their strength. Some poor African slaves believed they to were without the power to emerge from their wretched place. In time the stories began to lose their strength, the lies began to disintegrate until today we are being lead by an African American president. Those women who buy into the previous roles that have been defined for you should think carefully how long you are willing to wait for balanced and equal roles in the world. It is not a gift to be given, it is your right.
I truly believe that the movement of women has only just begun in our times and that when it truly comes of its own it will be the mother of very many movements.

PS
By the way I don’t claim to understand the ways of the women but have tried and in trying continue to learn.

…..lessons from a nine year old
nyminutre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Don't be so insensitive David. What if it was your mother or your sister he was talking about? It is time for him to leave the air for good and American women and their husbands and fathers are working to make sure this happens. Why aren't you?
David wrote:

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

nyminutre wrote:
Don't be so insensitive David. What if it was your mother or your sister he was talking about? It is time for him to leave the air for good and American women and their husbands and fathers are working to make sure this happens. Why aren't you?
<quoted text>
Show me a woman that one time or another hasn't been called a slut. People are evil. Conservative women are called sluts every day in the media and yet no one says a word. I was called a Jew slut because I stood on the conservative side. Because you know Jews aren't suppose to talk about conservative values, which we are raised on. Let's get back to the point at hand. Pay for stuff is hard if you are a progressive liberal.
Let's talk about 'insensitive'...a woman has the right to stand on their own two feet---when they called me a slut-I say "I wouldn't f*ck you." Stops them every time.:)

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

Accem Scott wrote:
Rush Limbaugh hands Obama a second term!
His statements about women are as idiotic as I’ve EVER heard. Rush Limbaugh recently called a Georgetown University law student “a slut”.
Women should unite across the planet in protest against Limbaugh’s narrow-minded views. I just couldn’t as a man who tries’…..and certainly not always successfully to understand the women in my life sit by and consume this bile without some word of protest. Women are different from men in so many ways but I’ve learned in the hardest of ways that the difference is GOOD. We need it!
We especially need it now…more than ever. I think and feel in my bones that women should lead the next revolution and the latest attacks on women prove my point perfectly. There have been and are enough women to have proved to us by now that women can move as many mountains as men. I believe there to be a need for the particular strength of women now during this, the crisis of our time. The people that are visibly working against freedoms for all of us are childish at best and much more ominous in the worst case. I think some women are sick in this culture because they don’t live their strength. Some poor African slaves believed they to were without the power to emerge from their wretched place. In time the stories began to lose their strength, the lies began to disintegrate until today we are being lead by an African American president. Those women who buy into the previous roles that have been defined for you should think carefully how long you are willing to wait for balanced and equal roles in the world. It is not a gift to be given, it is your right.
I truly believe that the movement of women has only just begun in our times and that when it truly comes of its own it will be the mother of very many movements.
PS
By the way I don’t claim to understand the ways of the women but have tried and in trying continue to learn.
…..lessons from a nine year old
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies. Now Ed Schultz is a conservative? MSNBC actually has conservative hosts? Either the moons are aligned wrong, or yet again the far left Obama sucking media is lying yet again to smear conservatives. As if it wasn’t bad enough that the media used to ignore the fact that MSNBC left wing hack Ed Schultz called Laura Ingraham a slut last year. Now they are labeling him as a conservative. Yes, that Ed Schultz! Is there any low that CNN and other Obama propaganda media outlets wouldn’t go to protect their man child? Check out the following video from Ashleigh Banfield bemoaning being called a slut on far left network MSNBC, and Ed Schultz (the conservative) calling Ingraham a slut.
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/03/05/...

Where is your simultaneous outrage now liberal?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

While Carbonite decides to drop it’s sponsorship of the Rush Limbaugh show over their faux outrage over the whole Sandra Fluke situation, while continuing to sponsor misogynist Ed Schultz is dropping like a rock. As of the closing bell on Monday, March 5th, 2012, Carbonite’s stock dropped to $9.15 per share. They actually hit their 52 week (or one year) low during the trading session of $9.09 per share. Oh, and the 52 week high for Carbonite stock was $21.10. Seems like they have quite a business model running there huh?

I am a conservative. These companies listening to liberals do not deserve to be in business.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

Larry Durbin wrote:
ranting detail about a humble law school student, Ms. Fluke, we can view it in detail.
A humble law student. ROTFLMAO. But look what else she is...Sandra Fluke's past is quite interesting to say the least. She
isn't just an average lose woman hoping to enjoy a crazed sex
life. Nope, rather she is a woman with a resume of community
organizing. See as Democrats try to create theater they got
caught in a lie, but this isn't stopping Fluke from talking
about suing Rush Limbaugh even though her testimony on the hill
suffers credibility based on her age. She posed as a 23 year
college student, but records show she is really 30.
What Congress didn't tell you about was her activist past. Like
I said, this isn't an ordinary college woman sexually frustrated
because she can't afford birth control the rest of the year. It
turns out she is a past president for Law Students for
Reproductive Justice. That makes her one of those community
agitators just like Obama. Then you have the phone call from
Obama yesterday as reported by Andrea Mitchell, and this story
gets a whole lot more interesting. This woman had an agenda not
being reported by the mainstream media that goes far past
wanting affordable birth control.
It doesn't just stop there. The Georgetown Law page highlights
more of her activist resume.
Sandra Fluke’s professional background in domestic violence and
human trafficking began with Sanctuary for Families in New York
City. There, she launched the agency’s pilot Program Evaluation
Initiative. She co-founded the New York
Statewide Coalition for Fair Access to Family Court, which after
a twenty-year stalemate, successfully advocated for legislation
granting access to civil orders of protection for unmarried
victims of domestic violence, including LGBTQ victims and teens.
Sandra was also a member of the Manhattan Borough President’s
Taskforce on Domestic Violence and numerous other New York City
and New York State coalitions that successfully advocated for
policy improvements impacting victims of domestic violence.
As the 2010 recipient of the Women Lawyers Association of Los
Angeles Fran Kandel Public Interest Grant, she researched,
wrote, and produced an instructional film on how to apply for a
domestic violence restraining order in pro per. She has also
interned with the Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking;
Polaris Project; Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles
County; Break the Cycle; the Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment
and Appeals Project; NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund; Crime
Victim and Sexual Assault Services; and the Human Services
Coalition of Tompkins County.
Through Georgetown’s clinic programs, Sandra has proposed
legislation based on fact-finding in Kenya regarding child
trafficking for domestic work. Sandra is the
Development Editor of the Journal of Gender and the Law, and
served as the President of Law Students for Reproductive
Justice, and the Vice President of the Women’s Legal Alliance.
In her first year, she also co-founded a campus committee
addressing human trafficking. Cornell University awarded her a
B. S. in Policy Analysis & Management, as well as Feminist,
Gender, & Sexuality Studies in 2003.
Like I said, this isn't just a woman who can't afford birth
control. She is playing the part of a woman who can't afford
birth control with a history of community activism geared
towards reproductive rights. As she plays this victim, clearly
with a driven agenda.
Perhaps, her testimony should be reviewed from her Congressional
hearing to see if she misrepresented herself. If she did,
perhaps we should make sure she never makes it to her Bar exam.
Just think, at age thirty, had Sandra Fluke gotten herself a
real job rather than moonlight as a Georgetown Law School
Student while community agitating, she might be able to afford
the $6.47 pack of Trojans at the local Walmart.
SHADOW

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

nyminutre wrote:
<quoted text>
Insensitive???? Like Maher calling Sarah Palin, former candidate for Vice President of the United States, a dumb twat????? You do know what "twat" means right.
How did you like it when Maher called her a c*nt???
How about Letterman saying Palin's teen aged daughter got hooked up and knocked up by A Rod? Talking about a child.
Were you talking about that kind of "insensitive"???
How about Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a right wing "slut". Ah there is that word that so offends you. Barbara Walters even laughed about that.
Just what is it that you consider "insensitive anyway hypocrite???
Oh and while we are at it what if it was your mother, sister or daughter Letterman or Maher was talking about????????
Get your attention yet?
Cary Simmons

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

David wrote:
How would you feel if Rush called your daughter a slut?
Cary Simmons

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Insensitive???? Like Maher calling Sarah Palin, former candidate for Vice President of the United States, a dumb twat????? You do know what "twat" means right.
How did you like it when Maher called her a c*nt???
How about Letterman saying Palin's teen aged daughter got hooked up and knocked up by A Rod? Talking about a child.
Were you talking about that kind of "insensitive"???
How about Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a right wing "slut". Ah there is that word that so offends you. Barbara Walters even laughed about that.
Just what is it that you consider "insensitive anyway hypocrite???
Oh and while we are at it what if it was your mother, sister or daughter Letterman or Maher was talking about????????
Get your attention yet?
You should have complained when thoses events happened. Since you probably didn't perhaps they didn't bother you. Besides, just because someone else did it doesn't make it right.

Rush has been vomiting hate over the airways for too long. Time it ended!

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Coming from a male. Rush doesn't seem to attack the white males so of course they vehemently defend him. Women, minorities, gays, anyone not a white male has been fair game to Rush. Finally, people have had enough.
David wrote:
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Cary Simmons wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have complained when thoses events happened. Since you probably didn't perhaps they didn't bother you. Besides, just because someone else did it doesn't make it right.
Rush has been vomiting hate over the airways for too long. Time it ended!
Well yes I did complain, not that it is any of your business.
Two wrongs don't make a right but the fact Limbaugh apologized does make a difference.
The attack on conservative men and women goes on from the left and you could care less.
You have no feelings for flucke, only hate fro Mr. Limbaugh because he exposes your yellow underside.
Flucke is a prostitute you know.
She is selling her self for money and fame and guess what that makes her.
Media matters is paying her current bills.
Why did fluke have to lie to get her na Obama's point across.
Why did they try to make it look like a real hearing instead of a left wing lie fest to push obama's contraceptive ideas.
No there is a rotten apple here and her name is fluke.
As far as vomiting hate fella you are doing a pretty good job yourself.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Cary Simmons wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like how Sarah Palin's daughter was treated.
Can't be one way ya know.
Oh and if you act like a slut people are going to naturally call you a slut.
Your liberal activist got caught lying--get over it.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Cary Simmons wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if your daughter was a candidate for VP of the US.

Earlier today, Van Susteren announced on her blog that she will not be attending the Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner hosted in DC every year. This dinner is being headlined by liberal comedian Louis C.K. who has said a number of offensive statements about Sarah Palin and other women that are far in excess of anything ever said by Rush Limbaugh on the air. Update below: C.K. has pulled out of the dinner

"Another pig….and a media association has hired the pig, Louis C.K., to be their headliner for the big media dinner? Really?" Van Susteren wrote. Full blog post is quoted below the break:

Another pig….and a media association has hired the pig, Louis C.K., to be their headliner for the big media dinner? Really? I am not going. I refuse to go. Everyone in the media should join me in this boycott.

The headliner of this year’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner is “comedian” Louis C.K. Comedian? I don’t think so. Pig? yes.

He uses filthy language about women…..yes, the C word…and yes, even to describe a woman candidate for Vice President of the United States. It isn’t just Governor Palin he denigrates. He denigrates all women and looks to the crowd to laugh.

I refuse to show any support for this guy or for the Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner Committee who hired him. I think the organization that hired him is just as bad as he is. It is no secret that he denigrates women.

Here is a sample of what he said about Governor Sarah Palin and you tell me whether any member of the media should sit in the crowd while he speaks to them:

Louis C.K. says of Palin:“her f*** retard making c***” and “the baby that just came out of her f**** disgusting c***.”

To Palin: just “stick your t** in its mouth and shut up.”

And here is more:”…her f***** retard making c****”

Need more to convince you? Here is what he says on twitter:

“I want to rub my father’s c*** all over Sarah Palin’s fat t***”

By the way, there is more, lots more.
I guess you can overlook stuff like this for a liberal comedian
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Oh come on are you people that weak??
You just can't fight the truth can you.
Liberal progressives are good at complaining but not when faced with the truth like here.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

jenny623 wrote:
Coming from a male. Rush doesn't seem to attack the white males so of course they vehemently defend him. Women, minorities, gays, anyone not a white male has been fair game to Rush. Finally, people have had enough.
<quoted text>
I haven't had enough of Rush, and neither have all the new sponsers and especially all the new listeners. You must realize by now the people of the United States have had their full of liberals. And Jews? are we a minority, by Gosh I think we are...Rush has always been a supporter of Israel. As a women I can tell you I stand with Rush and against liberals, especially liberal women. You are one of those sissified males aren't you? I wouldn't want you taking out my garbage-cause you would have to take yourself out!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••