Limbaugh apologizes to law student for insult on sex, says he intended no personal attack

Mar 3, 2012 Full story: 680News 1,250

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh apologized Saturday to a Georgetown University law student he had branded a "slut" and "prostitute" after fellow Republicans as well as Democrats criticized him and several advertisers left his program.

Full Story

“Accept No Substitutes”

Since: Oct 11

Marengo, OH

#1308 Mar 23, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with Obama saying this? Did he start the conversation? No - a reporter asked about the incident.
Sharpton was in Florida interviewing the Governor, mayor, and other officials who voted "no confidence" about the Sheriff. Again, I'm not a Sharpton lover - I still remember Tawana Brawley - but what did he do regarding this that could be considered wrong?
One thing about Sharpton: Why is he still allowed to be a host on MSNBC when he is leading protests? I'm no O'Reilly fan, but imagine if he were out there stirring it up in the streets.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1309 Mar 23, 2012
George Jefferson Hilliard wrote:
<quoted text>One thing about Sharpton: Why is he still allowed to be a host on MSNBC when he is leading protests? I'm no O'Reilly fan, but imagine if he were out there stirring it up in the streets.
Well.........he's not black enough.
Dem Fool Aide Drinkers

AOL

#1310 Mar 23, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well.........he's not black enough.
Funny thing, that's what Sharpton said about Obama in the March '07' L.A. Times article that was written by David Ehrenstein, a black liberal. Ehrenstein is the guy who wrote the "Barack the Magic Negro" article for the L.A. Times.

Limbaugh did a parody on the article, in the way of a song, relating to Sharpton because of the statement he made about Obama. Then Limbaugh was criticized by the left as being the originator of the article.

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#1311 Mar 23, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
LOL! That's right on the money!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1312 Mar 23, 2012
LoveInTheFamily wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO Like you think your word is God?
Already posted, Darling.

And it's 70 ***MILLION**.

No one is expecting for you to admit you are wrong, my dear.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1313 Mar 23, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Already posted, Darling.
And it's 70 ***MILLION**.
No one is expecting for you to admit you are wrong, my dear.
You did not post any facts to back up your post. Try again. Just saying it doesn't make it true. LMAO

Or is it that you can't??????????
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

#1314 Mar 23, 2012
LoveInTheFamily wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not post any facts to back up your post. Try again. Just saying it doesn't make it true. LMAO
Or is it that you can't??????????
Just saying it doesn't make it true.

It does if you are a liberal....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1315 Mar 23, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, darling, they used numbers that are released by the FEC as soon as they get them.
Why are you trying to p[ut the blame on OpenSecrets: you ran you big mouth and have been proved wrong.
Same thing. the fact is they wait till the information is in BEFORE they put it up on their site.
Now if you posted a link to back up you assertion to a REPUTABLE source I must have missed it.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1317 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>One thing about Sharpton: Why is he still allowed to be a host on MSNBC when he is leading protests? I'm no O'Reilly fan, but imagine if he were out there stirring it up in the streets.
I have to agree with you regarding this point. And I don't either watch him on MSNBC, nor feel he ever deserved the position. Much too radical for me.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1318 Mar 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
STFU you clueless azzhole - who was talking to you?

I have no qualms speaking and debating intelligently with any conservative - we all, regardless of ideology, have something of value to offer. But not you - you're a divisive, lying, spamming POS - go the fcuk away already will you?

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#1319 Mar 24, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you regarding this point. And I don't either watch him on MSNBC, nor feel he ever deserved the position. Much too radical for me.
It's very disturbing. But MSNBC will claim that they're not biased. Well, the appearance of bias is certainly there. So is the president weighing in on the matter at this stage (beyond a statement saying that the death of any young person is a tragedy.) Black on black youth violence claims dozens of lives weekly, but the president doesn't comment on them.

Location hidden

#1320 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>It's very disturbing. But MSNBC will claim that they're not biased. Well, the appearance of bias is certainly there. So is the president weighing in on the matter at this stage (beyond a statement saying that the death of any young person is a tragedy.) Black on black youth violence claims dozens of lives weekly, but the president doesn't comment on them.
MSNBC was hired al Sharpton because while all their talking heads where saying how racist conservative where. it was pointed out that they hade the Least amount of people of color on the air.. Bill O'Reily had almost twice the number of woman and minorities guest as the now departed Olbermann.( Not sure how many women and minorities Olbermaann now has on Current TV)

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1321 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>It's very disturbing. But MSNBC will claim that they're not biased. Well, the appearance of bias is certainly there. So is the president weighing in on the matter at this stage (beyond a statement saying that the death of any young person is a tragedy.) Black on black youth violence claims dozens of lives weekly, but the president doesn't comment on them.
The only news network that has ever claimed to be "unbiased" and "fair and balanced" is in fact Fox News.

MSNBC has "Morning Joe" - a former republican senator as host. Many of the others who have shows have either been directly involved with a given president, but yes, the bias leans left, as Fox vehemently claims they do not, but all shows indicate leaning far right.

You want to eradicate this problem? I know I most definitely do - the only way is to reverse Reagan's ruling regarding truth in media. The reversal of the "Fairness Doctrine" has created a poisonous and toxic atmosphere within our society.

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#1322 Mar 24, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only news network that has ever claimed to be "unbiased" and "fair and balanced" is in fact Fox News.
MSNBC has "Morning Joe" - a former republican senator as host. Many of the others who have shows have either been directly involved with a given president, but yes, the bias leans left, as Fox vehemently claims they do not, but all shows indicate leaning far right.
You want to eradicate this problem? I know I most definitely do - the only way is to reverse Reagan's ruling regarding truth in media. The reversal of the "Fairness Doctrine" has created a poisonous and toxic atmosphere within our society.
The "Fairness Doctrine" resulted in a completely one-sided media before 1987. It's blatantly unconstitutional. But don't forget, even if it were reinstated, it wouldn't apply to cable or satellite, just over the air broadcasting.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1323 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>The "Fairness Doctrine" resulted in a completely one-sided media before 1987. It's blatantly unconstitutional. But don't forget, even if it were reinstated, it wouldn't apply to cable or satellite, just over the air broadcasting.
As a political science major, I have to disagree with you regarding you assessment of the Fairness Doctrine.

Although your assessment of cable and satellite are correct, Reagan really got this ball rolling during his deregulation era, hiring FCC chairman Mark S. Fowler. Formerly a broadcast industry lawyer, and referred to as the "Wyatt Erpp" of the FCC, he referred to television as "a toaster with pictures" - but in fact, the Fairness Doctrine did not dictate one sided media - it's mission was to ensure that any given media outlet "had to air opposing viewpoints" - in essence, stating a network could not strictly promote its own "views", but give opposing viewpoints a chance to be heard.
It is in no way a one sided issue - maybe further reading into the implications of this would behove you.

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#1324 Mar 24, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a political science major, I have to disagree with you regarding you assessment of the Fairness Doctrine.
Although your assessment of cable and satellite are correct, Reagan really got this ball rolling during his deregulation era, hiring FCC chairman Mark S. Fowler. Formerly a broadcast industry lawyer, and referred to as the "Wyatt Erpp" of the FCC, he referred to television as "a toaster with pictures" - but in fact, the Fairness Doctrine did not dictate one sided media - it's mission was to ensure that any given media outlet "had to air opposing viewpoints" - in essence, stating a network could not strictly promote its own "views", but give opposing viewpoints a chance to be heard.
It is in no way a one sided issue - maybe further reading into the implications of this would behove you.
Well, that would certainly put the news divisions of ABC, CBS and NBC out of business today.

Location hidden

#1325 Mar 24, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if past history tell biase or not , one of Fox news main anchor Neill Cavuto worked for Jimmy Carter.
and the fairness doctrine was needed when we had a totel of three networks to chose from for our news. today there are hundreds of choices for our news. In truth Fox news is not a massive giant, its just the biggest pygmy in the jungle .Compare the percentage of the US audience that Fox draws to what Walter Cronkite drew back in the 60's

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1326 Mar 25, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you clueless azzhole - who was talking to you?
I have no qualms speaking and debating intelligently with any conservative - we all, regardless of ideology, have something of value to offer. But not you - you're a divisive, lying, spamming POS - go the fcuk away already will you?
Here's a hanky......now soof.
missy

Fishers, IN

#1327 Mar 25, 2012
That's because obama is racist along with his hideous wife.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1328 Mar 25, 2012
<quoted text>The "Fairness Doctrine" resulted in a completely one-sided media before 1987. It's blatantly unconstitutional.
Except that the ***US SUPREME COURT*** voted 8 to ZERO that it was completely constitutional, ScrotumSniff.

I guess your $69 internet degree didn't cover constitutional law...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ian Tuttle: Diagnosing Conservatism as a Mental... Nov '14 Giuliani the Frau... 1
Investigative journalist Jose Antonio Vargas to... Nov '14 STOMP AN ILLEGAL ... 1
Obama: Global Warming Threatens 'Hopes and Drea... Nov '14 Earthling-1 4
The Islamic State gets the political treatment ... Oct '14 WasteWater 12
Susan Rice goes to China in bid to salvage rela... Sep '14 RayHCpp 1
Conflicts Engulf Christians in Mideast Aug '14 jinxi 1
Sex education should start sooner, study finds Aug '14 bugsy goldstein 4
More from around the web