Furman's new chief earned stripes on free-speech battlefield

Dec 21, 2009 Full story: GreenvilleOnline.com

He defended a Ku Klux Klansman's right to burn a cross, and the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a Virginia law against cross burning.

Full Story
Whitey

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Dec 21, 2009
That is the thing that most of the "I know what's best for you" jerk-offs don't understand about OUR Constitution. It protects us from the Government, The First Amendment is just that the FIRST Amendment. Our guarantee of FREEDOM and PRIVACY. This new Furam President should be wonderful for education. You might not like what I do, but I should be allowed to do it if I don't harm you or anyone else. Read the U.S. Constitution! I bet you haven't ever read it... Why do you think they removed Civics from public education? The dang politicians don't want us to know what freedom really is.

You might not like it, but I say TAX the churches. They are getting extremely rich and politically too powerful. I said you wouldn't like it, didn't I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Furman University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Upstate women honored for their impact on com... (Mar '14) Mar '14 carolinejinks 1
Kerns-Dixon (Dec '13) Dec '13 JWRussell USRN 1
Former IRS chief recalls defying Nixon (May '13) May '13 American Lady 4
William Crooks Furman Junior in the news (Mar '13) Mar '13 Isabelle 2
Greenville's downtown changes into different pl... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ellen CarmignaniE... 1
SC Violinist Makes Musical Waves (Oct '12) Nov '12 poopy mcgee 2
Concerns about Romney's faith quieter but not gone (Jan '12) Jan '12 Olympic Torche 15
More from around the web