Concerns about Romney's faith quieter but not gone

Jan 15, 2012 Full story: Belleville News Democrat 15

The prospect of a Mormon president appears to be less alien to South Carolina Republicans who are giving Mitt Romney a second look after his failed White House bid in 2008.

Full Story
Evangelcal santorum Froth

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2012
Mitt Romney and the weird and sinister beliefs of Mormonism.
By Christopher Hitchens

Whether this makes it a cult, or just another of the born-in-America Christian sects, I am not sure. In any case what interests me more is the weird and sinister belief system of the LDS, discussion of which it is currently hoping to inhibit by crying that criticism of Mormonism amounts to bigotry.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Best we CONCENTRATE on HUSSIENS Faith??..DO IT??

Is He a REV. WRIGHT CHRISTEN in a HATE factory???.Or his Two Fathers son...a MUSLIM....Thats the Bigger Question..YA THINK??

In either case how can LOONS compare that to the MORMONS??.Mormans have been in UTAH since 1846..Way more American than WRIGHTS STORE FRONT HATE FACTORY...Mormons were pioneers going WEST!...not Coming From KENYA!

LOONS PULLED this CRAP with JFK,amongst others..RACIST BASTARDS!!

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jan 15, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
Best we CONCENTRATE....
WHy, i lIKe uR CAPitaLIzaTioN, JETHro.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#4 Jan 15, 2012
Every true conservative is disgusted by the prospect of Mitt Romney snaking his way into the nomination (with the help of the republican establishment, the Main Stream Media and Democratic activist/Operation Chaos) Romney is a RINO that will say anything to try and win; and the Evangelicals are spitting mad that a liberal Mormon without an ounce of conviction on anything will be the republicans non-presidential nominee.

No real Evangelical Christian could ever even consider voting for a Mormon, especially if we already have a Christian in the White House.

OBAMA 2012!
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#5 Jan 15, 2012
Evangelcal santorum Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy, i lIKe uR CAPitaLIzaTioN, JETHro.
its ok FEINWICK!...try it with practice ..who knows..Yer half brain may OOze out of yer ears...AH!

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#6 Jan 15, 2012
As Romney said, "I'm not running for Pastor in Chief." If he tried to institute any Mormonism into our government, he'd be violating the Constitution. I don't think he has any plans for that in the least little bit.

On the other hand, the president we have in there now has either violated or pushed the constitution to its limits in the way he does things. It needs to stop! NOW!

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Jan 15, 2012
Dismayed wrote:
As Romney said, "I'm not running for Pastor in Chief."
Yes, that's why the Tea Baggers and evilgelicals who just met to pick Santorum as their instrument to try for a brokered convention don't warm to Romney. Because Romney isn't willing to overtly enough run for Pator in Chief to suit their xstain theocratic desires.

Add in Romney's stiffness, total lack of a common touch, apparent lack of humanity, flip flopping on many, core issues and the Mormonism....

>Mitt Romney and the weird and sinister beliefs of Mormonism.
>By Christopher Hitchens

>Whether this makes it a cult, or just another of the born-in-America Christian sects, I am not sure. In any case what interests me more is the weird and sinister belief system of the LDS, discussion of which it is currently hoping to inhibit by crying that criticism of Mormonism amounts to bigotry.

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#8 Jan 15, 2012
Come on, SC -- we need you to be our firewall against the Romney establishment machine.

Trust your gut and vote for Santorum.

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jan 15, 2012
Bubbly4now wrote:
Trust your gut and vote for Santorum.
Right, and eat probiotics beforehand and anally douche afterwards.
celticwarriors

Seminole, FL

#10 Jan 15, 2012
If these evangelicals really were "Christian", they would never vote Republican. They need to wake up!
Olympic Torche

Hanoi, Vietnam

#11 Jan 15, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
<quoted text> its ok FEINWICK!...try it with practice ..who knows..Yer half brain may OOze out of yer ears...AH!
someone send yo da Alienware programmon ;-000h, he hucker into yo Alien/underweary ;-000
Olympic Torche

Hanoi, Vietnam

#12 Jan 15, 2012
Evangelcal santorum Froth wrote:
Mitt Romney and the weird and sinister beliefs of Mormonism.
By Christopher Hitchens
Whether this makes it a cult, or just another of the born-in-America Christian sects, I am not sure. In any case what interests me more is the weird and sinister belief system of the LDS, discussion of which it is currently hoping to inhibit by crying that criticism of Mormonism amounts to bigotry.
Even+angel-call vs. Mor-mon! datt is funnie ;-000
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#13 Jan 15, 2012
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#14 Jan 15, 2012
There are people of the Book and then there are Mormons, more like science fiction.
Olympic Torche

Hanoi, Vietnam

#15 Jan 15, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
He's a Mormon Bishop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7q6brMrFw0EXX
you mean 2-shop pawn? ;-000h, see MI7 tom cruise yet! ;-000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Furman University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Upstate women honored for their impact on com... (Mar '14) Mar '14 carolinejinks 1
Kerns-Dixon (Dec '13) Dec '13 JWRussell USRN 1
Former IRS chief recalls defying Nixon (May '13) May '13 American Lady 4
William Crooks Furman Junior in the news (Mar '13) Mar '13 Isabelle 2
Greenville's downtown changes into different pl... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ellen CarmignaniE... 1
SC Violinist Makes Musical Waves (Oct '12) Nov '12 poopy mcgee 2
US Rep Jeff Duncan defends comparison of illega... (Nov '11) Nov '11 DonMan 5
•••

Furman University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••