West Tennessee liquor referendums hav...

West Tennessee liquor referendums have religious, political, economic flavor

There are 76 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Sep 30, 2012, titled West Tennessee liquor referendums have religious, political, economic flavor. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

Henderson Mayor Bobby King says he will vote in favor of liquor sales in his community this fall because of the potential for economic growth and increased tax revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bigandnotrich

Camden, TN

#62 Nov 9, 2012
Southern Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Boozers are no different then people that use other (illegal) drugs.

ADDICTS ARE ADDICTS.

You need to get a life: I don't have to be high to enjoy life
I believe you need to look up the definition of addict. Someone who has a drink every now and then is no different than someone who has to take a pain pill every now and then

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63 Nov 9, 2012
Only in the South, is everybody that has one or two drinks considered drunk or an "Addict", by some ignorant, Holier than thou Hypocrite!
REALLY REALLY

United States

#64 Nov 9, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Only in the South, is everybody that has one or two drinks considered drunk or an "Addict", by some ignorant, Holier than thou Hypocrite!
Listen now this is a very sensitive subject to me. I dont want anyone starting there crap. All you druggies and government check receivers better not say anything. Cause this is a serious issue! So don't play

Munchausen Syndrome is an attention-seeking personality disorder which is more common than statistics suggest. Munchausen Syndrome, named after a German soldier renowned for exaggerated tales, is a predominantly female disorder in which an emotionally immature person with narcissistic tendencies, low self-esteem and a fragile ego has an overwhelming need to draw attention to herself and to be the centre of attention.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65 Nov 9, 2012
REALLY REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen now this is a very sensitive subject to me. I dont want anyone starting there crap. All you druggies and government check receivers better not say anything. Cause this is a serious issue! So don't play
Munchausen Syndrome is an attention-seeking personality disorder which is more common than statistics suggest. Munchausen Syndrome, named after a German soldier renowned for exaggerated tales, is a predominantly female disorder in which an emotionally immature person with narcissistic tendencies, low self-esteem and a fragile ego has an overwhelming need to draw attention to herself and to be the centre of attention.
Since you seem to be an Expert on it, you must have it. It would explain alot of your obsessive behavior. Bet you wish you'd left those drugs alone, now that it's too late, before they changed the chemicals in your brain and made you the way you are, don't you?
Oh well, chit happens!
BC Alien

United States

#66 Nov 9, 2012
TWENTY DOLLARS
On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new Husband and asked for $20.00 for their first Lovemaking Encounter. In His highly aroused state,her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 30 years,with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day,she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state. During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore,they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than thirty years of steady deposits and interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits issued by the bank which were worth over $2 million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had 'charged' him for sex, these holdings had multiplied and these were the results of her savings and investments.

Faced with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out,
'If I'd had any idea what you were doing,
I would have given you all my Business!'

That's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut!
no to tax

United States

#67 Nov 9, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look at some real statistics, Nation-wide, rather than believing all the BS your Preacher spouts!
Please do not be rude and say someones Preacher spouts bull shit. You have no respect for ANYONE else. To be an American means to be tolerant to OTHER peoples belief system. The purpose of voting is to be fair to everyone's belief systems. Liquor wins. You get your sin tax if you win. Why all the venom. Now we can start posting about the different people in the community getting busted over alcohol related crimes. DUI, Disorderly conduct,physical abuse. Oh yes I remember when good od dad would run down to the local liquor store, pick up a fifth, and beore the day was over, he drove home drunk, beat mom, then beat us, then passed out in his vomit then started it a over again the next. but of course this is ALL over religion. No body else on the planet opposes this tax. No, just the stupid ass Christian. So sick to death of your crap and cry baby bull, to filth around in the world and be proud of it. Not one life, Not one life that we loose in BC to this new liquor deal is worth even one single solitary life. When the first life is gone, remember your wanted it. BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT ARE ON THE HANDS THAT VOTED FOR THIS TO PASS. THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT ARE ON THE HANDS THAT VOTE TO PASS THIS. IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY TAX DOLLAR. Damn BC, you are worse than a 2 dollar whore. You sold out cause you were to LAZY TO MAKE REAL CHANGE. MAY THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT BE UPON THE HANDS OF THE VOTERS WHO PASSED THIS LAW.
Wally Cleaver

Horn Lake, MS

#68 Nov 11, 2012
Where is the Beaver?
Southern Baptist

Jackson, TN

#69 Nov 11, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And...they have found great Health Benefits in drinking 2 glasses of Red wine each day. I tried it for a short Period of time, but not long enough to develop a taste for it, so I lost interest and stopped.
BTW, the cheaper wine has the greatest amount of the stuff that's healthy for you. Just don't drink more than 2 glasses a day or the Health benefits are outdone by the bad elements. Any amount up to 2 glasses a day is good for you, but the maximum benefit is reached at the 2 glasses a day, but no more than that! And you don't have to drink the two glasses all at the same time.
Drinking booze is for dope-head loosers
yankee

AOL

#70 Nov 11, 2012
no to tax wrote:
<quoted text> Please do not be rude and say someones Preacher spouts bull shit. You have no respect for ANYONE else. To be an American means to be tolerant to OTHER peoples belief system. The purpose of voting is to be fair to everyone's belief systems. Liquor wins. You get your sin tax if you win. Why all the venom. Now we can start posting about the different people in the community getting busted over alcohol related crimes. DUI, Disorderly conduct,physical abuse. Oh yes I remember when good od dad would run down to the local liquor store, pick up a fifth, and beore the day was over, he drove home drunk, beat mom, then beat us, then passed out in his vomit then started it a over again the next. but of course this is ALL over religion. No body else on the planet opposes this tax. No, just the stupid ass Christian. So sick to death of your crap and cry baby bull, to filth around in the world and be proud of it. Not one life, Not one life that we loose in BC to this new liquor deal is worth even one single solitary life. When the first life is gone, remember your wanted it. BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT ARE ON THE HANDS THAT VOTED FOR THIS TO PASS. THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT ARE ON THE HANDS THAT VOTE TO PASS THIS. IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY TAX DOLLAR. Damn BC, you are worse than a 2 dollar whore. You sold out cause you were to LAZY TO MAKE REAL CHANGE. MAY THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT BE UPON THE HANDS OF THE VOTERS WHO PASSED THIS LAW.
SHAME on your mom for staying with a man who would treat his family
this way. she did not have to allow this ABUSE.
BC Alien

United States

#71 Nov 11, 2012
Battered women and alcoholism are both social diseases the churches would have you believe don't exist much less need treatment. But of course it's all the demon alcohol requiring only the sinful drunk give up his drinking and repent. The innocent battered (always a woman) just needs to pray for divine intervention and if you happen to catholic an exorcism or two. I wouldn't dare say Preachers spout BS as the quaint few already know.

I would say "personal responsibility" what some have claimed was family values until our present President demonstrated as a fact. After all he is a Muslim.

Perhaps for once the voters have gotten it correct. It's time for BC to change!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#72 Nov 11, 2012
BC Alien wrote:
I would say "personal responsibility" what some have claimed was family values until ...."our present President"...... demonstrated as a fact. After all he is a Muslim.

CORRECTION !!!!!!...Not "our" president,.........YOUR president!
BC Alien

United States

#73 Nov 12, 2012
POTUS I wasn't aware MS had succeeded again ;)
Southern Baptist

Bell City, MO

#74 Nov 12, 2012
Booze does ZERO good and tons of harm
yankee

AOL

#75 Nov 12, 2012
Southern Baptist wrote:
Booze does ZERO good and tons of harm
you have no grey area to your thinking do you? everything is white or black. My Father was one of the best, I was raised Baptist and taught moderartion in all things. My father had hardening of the
arties and his Doctor advised him to drink a shot of whiskey every morning with his coffee to get his blood flowing,did that make him a boozer. I think not. now i have a question for you and your family, are you overweight? the Bible statesw in deuteronomey 21:20
"and they shall say unto the elders of his city, this our son is stubborn and rebellious he will not obey our voice he is a glutton, and a drunkard. and in proverbs 23:21 For the drunkard AND THE GLUTTON shall come to proverty and drowsiness shall clothe a man in rags. I have yet to see a DRUNK on the streets of camden
but i sure do see ALOT of overweight people that will faLL into the
glutton category. maybe we should do away the the liquor stores and start taxing overweight people by the pound. Heck we probably wouldn't need a wheel tax OR any tax increase.jmo

Hornsby, TN

#76 Nov 12, 2012
yankee wrote:
<quoted text>you have no grey area to your thinking do you? everything is white or black. My Father was one of the best, I was raised Baptist and taught moderartion in all things. My father had hardening of the
arties and his Doctor advised him to drink a shot of whiskey every morning with his coffee to get his blood flowing,did that make him a boozer. I think not. now i have a question for you and your family, are you overweight? the Bible statesw in deuteronomey 21:20
"and they shall say unto the elders of his city, this our son is stubborn and rebellious he will not obey our voice he is a glutton, and a drunkard. and in proverbs 23:21 For the drunkard AND THE GLUTTON shall come to proverty and drowsiness shall clothe a man in rags. I have yet to see a DRUNK on the streets of camden
but i sure do see ALOT of overweight people that will faLL into the
glutton category. maybe we should do away the the liquor stores and start taxing overweight people by the pound. Heck we probably wouldn't need a wheel tax OR any tax increase.jmo
I would vote for the fat tax. Fat people cause more medical expense that society has to pay and look at all the lives that were cut short because the person was overweight.
Rule #1 of Zombieland is cardio, the fatties die first! Bahahahaha
Bertha

Plano, TX

#77 Nov 12, 2012
No! No! No! Not a fat tax, I will not be able to buy my twinkies and ho ho's. Nooo!!! Please God no, I have to have my Butterfinger and ice cream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freed-Hardeman University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FHU Bible professor to debate renowned atheist (Sep '16) Oct '16 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 11
News No Xcuse for not getting fit (Nov '09) Nov '15 lavluamin 8
News Lectureship a signature event for FHU, community (Feb '11) Mar '15 Simon7 3
News Shannon, Haynes engaged to marry (Jan '14) Jan '14 jnhan 1
Michael dunnavant (Nov '13) Nov '13 Just wondering 1
News El Dorado Minister Named Harding University Vic... (Apr '13) Apr '13 roboblogger2 1
News FHU's annual Bible Lectureship begins Sunday, f... (Feb '13) Feb '13 JustChristian 1
More from around the web