The Hijab Challenge: Students strive to eliminate muslim stereotypes

Full story: CNN

"That's the problem with journalism. You've got to keep the Muslims happy," a nail technician at Gulf Coast Town Center said to me.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2014
r_christian_AR

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

Why do Christians have to bend over backwards to learn about Islam? Why can't the Muslims learn about Christianity??? I already learned all I need to know about Muslims on 9/11 (violent, intolerant and hateful) toward Christians.
warner

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

It is impossible to teach Muslims about Christianity , their brain cannot comprehend anything about Christianity. The only explanation is that they are unspiritual earthlings at best and demons at worse! It is because God will not send them a Holy Spirit because they will not accept the Truth about Jesus! We must pray for God to sort out the problem with Muslims and Islam!
warner

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

This is a promotional article for Islam and Muslims. I do believe that the media are in league with the Devil!

It makes attention seekers feel important initially when they wear a hair covering, but eventually the novelty will wear off. Women tell me how excited they felt when they first put on high heels and some say that they always feel great and feminine wearing heels. Same sort of feeling!

There is nothing in Islam to support hair coverings. Jewish women were never required to cover their hair Jews told me, and they said that the reason for a Jewish woman not needing to cover her hair was because Jews were sexist, and Jewish males wear the little scull cap because they believe that they are not worthy to have God come in contact with their heads during worship but for a woman God would not come in contact with the top of her head, no more than he would come in contact with the top of a dog's head! Yes, that's what Jews told me was their thinking on the matter of hair coverings for women. It is possible that they are not sexist now but to date women go to the Synagogues without their hair covered.

Paul said that there should be no arguments about it because there is no rule made that says that a woman has to cover her head in the Church. Paul said that the hair itself is the covering for the women. Also, Paul said that a man should not cover his head in the Church because it is disrespectful to God. Paul did say that if a woman was prophesying that she should not let her hair loose to swing about in a wild way! Christians have in the past got confused about what Paul said on the subject of women covering their hair and if they don't read the scripture properly then they can conclude that the head needs to be covered.

Way back in the middle ages Christian women were shaving their heads or veiling, but eventually these practices fell away, fortunately. The shaven head of a woman dates back to punishment rituals and should not be acceptable. God does not require a woman to be veiled and He would not have made a woman have hair if he considered it an offence to Him!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florida Gulf Coast University Discussions

Search the Florida Gulf Coast University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
greek life 5 hr kacye 1
Fla. Gubernatorial candidates court Hispanic vo... May '14 Oldglory 8
FGCU throws support behind immigrant education ... Mar '14 wild child 1
FGCU's Popular Social Media Marketing Certifica... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tamara Patzer 1
Larson Named Development Assistant/Office Manag... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Politics 1
Jewish man refused entry into U.K. (Jul '13) Sep '13 Storm Warning 105
Dec '12 LSAT Study partner?? (Oct '12) Oct '12 Angela 1
•••
•••