OpEd: Selling The Politics of Hate

Oct 7, 2008 Full story: www.palmbeachpost.com 17

The race for president has taken a nasty turn recently with Sarah Palin accusing Barack Obama of hanging out with terrorists and Obama’s campaign highlighting John McCain’s past involvement with the “Keating Five,” a group of U.S. lawmakers with ties to a jailed bank executive central to America’s savings and loan scandal of the 1980s.

Full Story
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#1 Oct 7, 2008
John McCain should've hired Tina Fey. She does a much better job! LOL!
Responsibility

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2008
In desperation the repugrats are scurrying in the gutter like rats trying to find something that will stick.

When you are losing the game, losing your credibility, losing in the polls and losing respect, the trash talk express ratchets up the trash.
JoeJ

Irvine, KY

#3 Oct 7, 2008
Pulling out certain past mistakes is like pointing the finger at a candidate and accusing them of not being a "virgin".

But I do believe that Obama only attacks because he feels sucked into it. The Republicans have never led a debate without attacking others because they have nothing else to say.

I remember Bill Clinton didn't waste his time attacking Bush because he had 3000% more to say than Bush and he knew that Bush's lack of brain cells would be his own demise. The exact reason why the White House chair was stolen twice for Loser Bush Jr.

The difficult and awkward position of a political candidate is mostly due in part of being in a constantly screwed up public eye thanks to the media circus.

If candidates weren't turned into celebrities, they would fight less. I blame the public and the media for such crap. The only exception is that Republicans started using "dirty politics" before anyone else. They never have any legitimate things to say about what's wrong in the country. They are too worried about what other country they can invade. This kind of nonsense will be what eneds America if you dont get their stinking butts out of office permanently.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#5 Oct 8, 2008
At the very least, can't McCain and Palin denounce the perpetrator who screams "kill him" or "traitor"?

They lack that much decency?
Mike - Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 8, 2008
PooPoo Platter wrote:
At the very least, can't McCain and Palin denounce the perpetrator who screams "kill him" or "traitor"?
They lack that much decency?
Apparently...they do.

“My Name should be sickofRNC”

Since: Mar 07

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2008
PooPoo Platter wrote:
At the very least, can't McCain and Palin denounce the perpetrator who screams "kill him" or "traitor"?
They lack that much decency?
McCain only chuckled when a woman asked "how do we beat the bitch", during the primary. Then he promised a clean campaign only on the issues. I think that lasted about as long as the suspension of his campaign during the failed passing of the wall street rescue. It the republicans fault that they have totally screwed up this country for the last decade. I mean the democratic Candidate could of been Sponge Bob and he would still be beating McCain.
sicktodeath

United States

#8 Oct 8, 2008
JoeJ wrote:
Pulling out certain past mistakes is like pointing the finger at a candidate and accusing them of not being a "virgin".
But I do believe that Obama only attacks because he feels sucked into it. The Republicans have never led a debate without attacking others because they have nothing else to say.
I remember Bill Clinton didn't waste his time attacking Bush because he had 3000% more to say than Bush and he knew that Bush's lack of brain cells would be his own demise. The exact reason why the White House chair was stolen twice for Loser Bush Jr.
The difficult and awkward position of a political candidate is mostly due in part of being in a constantly screwed up public eye thanks to the media circus.
If candidates weren't turned into celebrities, they would fight less. I blame the public and the media for such crap. The only exception is that Republicans started using "dirty politics" before anyone else. They never have any legitimate things to say about what's wrong in the country. They are too worried about what other country they can invade. This kind of nonsense will be what eneds America if you dont get their stinking butts out of office permanently.
Then please explain to me why obama used the exact same tactics on Hillary Clinton? thier was plenty of dirty politics going on within the same party in that race, was that the republicans fault to?
GUS

Butler, PA

#9 Oct 8, 2008
Complete coverage



Related Advertising Links What's This?
Solar Stock Pick - EVSO
Emerging Green Energy Co. Growth Stock…
EvolutionSolar.com
College Degree Online
Get Your AA, BA or BS at Nationally Ranked Florida…
www.FloridaTechOnline.com




Advertisement







FEC: Obama funds from abroad may total $3.3M
Updated 12h 3m ago | Comments196 | Recommend14 E-mail | Save | Print |


DIG INTO CAMPAIGN DOLLARS


USA TODAY's interactive campaign finance tracker lets you examine and filter donations by state, date, amount and sector.





Yahoo! Buzz Digg
Newsvine
Reddit
Facebook
What's this?
WASHINGTON (AP)— Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has raised about $3.3 million from contributors who did not list a home state or who designated their state with an abbreviation that did not match one of the 50 states or U.S. territories, according to records provided by the Federal Election Commission.
Most of those contributors did identify themselves as living abroad in foreign cities. Under federal law, foreign citizens cannot make political contributions, but U.S. citizens living abroad can.

The Republican National Committee filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Monday asking for an investigation of Obama's foreign contributions, among other things.

The FEC on Monday provided The Associated Press with a spread sheet of potential overseas donors that did not include contributors who left their state designation blank. As a result, the list was incomplete.

The $3.3 million total does not include donors who have given less than $200 and whose contributions do not have to be itemized. Some of that money could also have come from overseas. About half of Obama's $455 million in contributions so far are unitemized. The campaign does not identify those donors.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Internet | Tennessee | Barack Obama | Nashville | Republican National Committee | Federal Election Commission | David Axelrod
Obama senior adviser David Axelrod, speaking to reporters en route to Nashville, Tennessee, on Tuesday, noted that anyone can donate to the campaign through the Internet. "We monitor these things as best we can," he said.

Republican John McCain's campaign lists all his donors, even those who give less than $200, on his website.

The Obama campaign has begun to request passport numbers from donors to verify their citizenship.

Asked why the Obama campaign does not do the same and open its database to the public, Axelrod said the campaign returns improper contributions.

"Obviously we've got a huge database of contributors," he said. "It's valuable to our campaign ... We're probably more forthcoming about disclosure than anyone."

Independent watchdog groups, however, have asked the campaign to provide more information about its fundraisers and to at least provide information about small donors by zip code or country from where they donate.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Blackinjun

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Oct 8, 2008
has there EVER been ANYONE at a rally that hollered out "Kill him" before this?

We are a color blind society..lol

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#11 Oct 8, 2008
sickofpoliticians wrote:
<quoted text>McCain only chuckled when a woman asked "how do we beat the bitch", during the primary. Then he promised a clean campaign only on the issues. I think that lasted about as long as the suspension of his campaign during the failed passing of the wall street rescue. It the republicans fault that they have totally screwed up this country for the last decade. I mean the democratic Candidate could of been Sponge Bob and he would still be beating McCain.
When McCain chuckled at the woman calling Hillary a bit*h, he was merely being an a-hole.

Condoning "kill him", or not confronting a supporter calling the potential Commander In Chief a "terrorist"? That steps it up a level or two.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#12 Oct 8, 2008
GUS wrote:
Complete coverage
Related Advertising Links What's This?
Solar Stock Pick - EVSO
Emerging Green Energy Co. Growth Stock…
EvolutionSolar.com
College Degree Online
Get Your AA, BA or BS at Nationally Ranked Florida…
www.FloridaTechOnline.com
Advertisement
FEC: Obama funds from abroad may total $3.3M
Updated 12h 3m ago | Comments196 | Recommend14 E-mail | Save | Print |
DIG INTO CAMPAIGN DOLLARS
USA TODAY's interactive campaign finance tracker lets you examine and filter donations by state, date, amount and sector.
Yahoo! Buzz Digg
Newsvine
Reddit
Facebook
What's this?
WASHINGTON (AP)— Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has raised about $3.3 million from contributors who did not list a home state or who designated their state with an abbreviation that did not match one of the 50 states or U.S. territories, according to records provided by the Federal Election Commission.
Most of those contributors did identify themselves as living abroad in foreign cities. Under federal law, foreign citizens cannot make political contributions, but U.S. citizens living abroad can.
The Republican National Committee filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Monday asking for an investigation of Obama's foreign contributions, among other things.
The FEC on Monday provided The Associated Press with a spread sheet of potential overseas donors that did not include contributors who left their state designation blank. As a result, the list was incomplete.
The $3.3 million total does not include donors who have given less than $200 and whose contributions do not have to be itemized. Some of that money could also have come from overseas. About half of Obama's $455 million in contributions so far are unitemized. The campaign does not identify those donors.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Internet | Tennessee | Barack Obama | Nashville | Republican National Committee | Federal Election Commission | David Axelrod
Obama senior adviser David Axelrod, speaking to reporters en route to Nashville, Tennessee, on Tuesday, noted that anyone can donate to the campaign through the Internet. "We monitor these things as best we can," he said.
Republican John McCain's campaign lists all his donors, even those who give less than $200, on his website.
The Obama campaign has begun to request passport numbers from donors to verify their citizenship.
Asked why the Obama campaign does not do the same and open its database to the public, Axelrod said the campaign returns improper contributions.
"Obviously we've got a huge database of contributors," he said. "It's valuable to our campaign ... We're probably more forthcoming about disclosure than anyone."
Independent watchdog groups, however, have asked the campaign to provide more information about its fundraisers and to at least provide information about small donors by zip code or country from where they donate.
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Hang it up, Gus. The party is over.

Be sure to boink "Amy" for us!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Duarte, CA

#13 Oct 8, 2008
It's obvious both candidates have no clue on the economy and said they'd cut without any details then later said they'd spend more.

Both had no clue about the Bail Out and why it has failed to stop over a Trillion in Stock Market/Retirement loses with no end in site.
I see "Futures" are down again this morning too...

Obama even contradicted himself about health care seeing that he's not a believer in Supply & Demand yet thinks that the government will be able to MAGICALLY CONVINCE INSURANCE COMPANIES TO LOWER THEIR PRICES by increasing the supply of participants!

These are just some of the reason why I don't like to see Senators nominated/become President. No real experience.

I think we're going to pay big time by elevating 2 guys that have been part of the problem all along.

Can you say: Pick the Lesser of the 2 Evils?
lol

Houston, TX

#14 Oct 8, 2008
That one , John McCain , yes him, isn't a maverick, but Bush's sidekick.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16 Oct 8, 2008
obama is the head of the politics of hate! from his communist father to his cronies ayers - waters - donette - ad nauseum to his communist stepfather - to his quest to research anything by marx - hitler - etc to his play to have older children get trained to tutor younger children to goosestep to the obama program!!! it appears so far noone gives a damn and that's a shame!! as for me - i own my own island offshore and outside the us with all assets outside the us!! therefore, i could care less what happens to america anymore!!
fewfacts

Spring, TX

#18 Oct 8, 2008
Alaska Independence Party, of which Palins husband was formerly a member and to which she has spoken. The founder of the AIP has been quoted as saying, "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government, and I won't be buried under their damn flag" and "I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."
"So where does Joe Vogler rank on the scale of terrorists who would target their own country, gov?"

Since: Jul 07

United States

#19 Oct 8, 2008
pythias07 wrote:
obama is the head of the politics of hate! from his communist father to his cronies ayers - waters - donette - ad nauseum to his communist stepfather - to his quest to research anything by marx - hitler - etc to his play to have older children get trained to tutor younger children to goosestep to the obama program!!! it appears so far noone gives a damn and that's a shame!! as for me - i own my own island offshore and outside the us with all assets outside the us!! therefore, i could care less what happens to america anymore!!
Then please keep you ignorant thoughts and lies to yourself Crusoe. Seems like you don't know how to function in civilized society anyhow. Please don't shop here.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#20 Oct 8, 2008
Sarah/Abramoff/pipeline from God. Hmmm....good girls don't lie do they? Is she really pollyanna pureheart....hmmmm. Think we should be hearing sirens going off warning us of impending doom and shut this other "republican hate bitch siren" up with some investigations and charges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Atlantic University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sol Children Theatre to Partner with Karen Slat... Aug '14 Phil 1
Gay student files suit, says denied tuition break May '14 Christsharians on... 11
Florida teen graduates from high school an... May '14 Dean Of Stewdints 18
Broward Activists Fight Florida Bill Against Bo... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sloan 1
Israel's War on American Universities (Mar '14) Mar '14 Yumpin Yimminy 1
FAU Names Kelly New President (Jan '14) Jan '14 John Kelly will b... 1
Online bullying among youth falling but prevalent (Nov '13) Nov '13 Run262 5
•••

Florida Atlantic University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••