Food, fun, friends abound at First Th...

Food, fun, friends abound at First Thursday

There are 8 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Food, fun, friends abound at First Thursday. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The First Thursday events in downtown Fitchburg on Thursday include a celebration of food, music, arts, performance, gallery and business grand openings, wild animals, an "extreme mayor's makeover" and a dunk tank at the Sentinel & Enterprise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

joker

Westminster, MA

#1 Jun 3, 2010
First Thursday What a joke, Mayor give up 1st Thursday is just a joke, I attended all i saw was People hanging around a bar across the parking lot drunk and yelling at girls, We walked up to City Hall and all we saw was a few stores selling used furniture and second hand stull.
Further up was Plants, then the Longjo stuff.
The city payed $ 15,000.00 i heard to put this on. Mayor do you want to buy a bridge ???
all good

Leominster, MA

#2 Jun 3, 2010
joker wrote:
First Thursday What a joke, Mayor give up 1st Thursday is just a joke, I attended all i saw was People hanging around a bar across the parking lot drunk and yelling at girls, We walked up to City Hall and all we saw was a few stores selling used furniture and second hand stull.
Further up was Plants, then the Longjo stuff.
The city payed $ 15,000.00 i heard to put this on. Mayor do you want to buy a bridge ???
You must not have gone inside these stores where there were events, food, and music. And the city didn't pay a penny for any of it, by the way. Except for the quick rainstorm there were plenty of people on Main Street enjoying themselves. Perhaps you went to a different town.
joker

Winthrop, MA

#3 Jun 6, 2010
No i was rite here in Fitchburg, We saw some entertainment but nothing to brag about, a guy in a pony tail playing a guitar, Nothing like the block party on the 3rd of july , Now that is great
AJP

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jun 6, 2010
News flash, there will not be a block party this year.
AJP

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jun 6, 2010
News Flash, there will not be a "Block Party" this year.
AJP

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Jun 6, 2010
sorry for the redundancy.
joker

United States

#7 Jun 6, 2010
No block party, does anyone know why ??? There has been some good entertainment at the block party
too bad I wonder what bLeominster is having ???
joker

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2010
sorry for the spelling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg State College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Antonnuci's Final Commencement Addres... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Jtn 3
News Friends and ex-students fondly remember former ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Tammy 1
News Carol Karafotis first-time candidate for Dartmo... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Steve Russell 1
News For Antonucci, grief replaced physical pain (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jtn 1
News Omni Hotels president to speak at FSU commencem... (May '13) May '13 jtn 1
News Fitchburg State Steps In To Clean Up Blight (Apr '10) Apr '10 a few thoughts 1
News Art project to provide distinctive welcome to city (Dec '09) Dec '09 George Townhille 1
More from around the web