Race Bait and Switch

Full story: TPM Cafe

A Michigan university got quite a shock when they requested a speaker from an upstate anti-immigration group.
Comments
1 - 20 of 57 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Dec 09

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

EXCERPT:

"Both came about primarily through the efforts of Tanton in response to a perceived need for "literary efforts" to foster ideas and direct the movement.

The university requested one of their staff members for the debate, but The Social Contract pulled a classic bait and switch--a deceptive method of selling one image to the public but replacing it with a substandard version at the last minute. Rather than arranging for a respectable anti-immigration scholar or activist, the editor of The Social Contract tried to use the invitation to provide a platform for a friendly white nationalist."

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Is more always better? Forget about John Tanton and think about the population of the US.

"IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE TURKISH BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN PRISON!

BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS AND FREE HEALTH CARE?"

For most Americans, race has nothing to do with wanting to end illegal immigration. Illegals and their sympathizers love to use race as an excuse or to distract and even place guilt on citizens who are opposed to Mexicans and Germans alike who are in our country illegally. Because the problem has grown out of control we must look at solutions instead of listening to the same lies from the new administration.

Join NumbersUSA.com today. It's free. Together we will continue to stop our government from granting amnesty which will encourage millions more to disrespect our laws and further weaken the fabric of our nation.

http://www.numbersusa.com/change/immigration/...

“Merry Christmas”

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Anyone who claims there is no "racism" connected to the anti-illegal immigration groups is not telling the truth.

Not everyone who opposes illegal aliens is racist, but many people are. It's been demonstrated and proven. John Tanton has founded and funded many of the most radically anti-immigrant groups and his agenda is founded on racist principles. It matters not if you agree or disagree. The facts have been presented to support that statement.
Gadzooks

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

numbersusa, a bunch of circle jerks stroking each other, led by the masterbaiter of all time - Gzoober

“check your (. X .)'s.”

Since: Jul 09

united in hope for a cure

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Wild Irish Rose 0o7 wrote:
Anyone who claims there is no "racism" connected to the anti-illegal immigration groups is not telling the truth.
Not everyone who opposes illegal aliens is racist, but many people are. It's been demonstrated and proven. John Tanton has founded and funded many of the most radically anti-immigrant groups and his agenda is founded on racist principles. It matters not if you agree or disagree. The facts have been presented to support that statement.
Hey Rose, the sad thing about the anti-illegal immigration groups that are racist, that they don't know that they are racist, they think that their behavior is the correct one toward the indocumentated people they treat them and talk about them worse than animals, they usually combine forces with others with similar attitudes and bash and abuse them. how sad! have a nice night it is so cold tonight that i'm wearing my flannel pj's
take care

“What does that tell you?”

Since: Nov 07

It's a riddle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

Gadzooks wrote:
numbersusa, a bunch of circle jerks stroking each other, led by the masterbaiter of all time - KING BOC
KING BOC has SPOKEN!!
new beginning

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

So bit it. You lied multiple times too.
new beginning

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Just Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
KING BOC has SPOKEN!!
Why you have to be soo biter little man? This is what Rose greated. You poor creature.

“What does that tell you?”

Since: Nov 07

It's a riddle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

new beginning wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you have to be soo biter little man? This is what Rose greated. You poor creature.
You are not BOC so stop. Rose will see too as you got in a hurry to go somewhere. But Rose will be nice so it won't work for you to be mean. The real BOC might be la raza hater, did you think of that and so you do the devil's work for him? Ponder this and then answer.
Just Slipped Up

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Just Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
KING BOC has SPOKEN!!
Altering posts is a Topic violation, one that their really keen on.

“Merry Christmas”

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

new beginning wrote:
<quoted text>
So bit it. You lied multiple times too.
I lied about nothing, and your silly comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, troll.

“Merry Christmas”

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

si se puede_ wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rose, the sad thing about the anti-illegal immigration groups that are racist, that they don't know that they are racist, they think that their behavior is the correct one toward the indocumentated people they treat them and talk about them worse than animals, they usually combine forces with others with similar attitudes and bash and abuse them. how sad! have a nice night it is so cold tonight that i'm wearing my flannel pj's
take care
Hi si se. I know what you're saying. I also think it's safe to say that the people who post on these threads are not representative of most Americans and their views toward illegal immigrants. The internet attracts the most extreme racists because they feel safe getting away with their hateful comments. My point is only that many here like to accuse others of "playing the race card" or say it's an excuse and that's not true at all. There is racism involved in the immigration debate. There always has been.

It was freezing here last night, literally. There was snow on top of one of our local mountains. I couldn't believe some of the temps in the outlying areas. The mid-20s are cold to us, but locally we're in the 30s and 40s at night.

Talk to you later and have a great day.

“check your (. X .)'s.”

Since: Jul 09

united in hope for a cure

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hi si se. I know what you're saying. I also think it's safe to say that the people who post on these threads are not representative of most Americans and their views toward illegal immigrants. The internet attracts the most extreme racists because they feel safe getting away with their hateful comments. My point is only that many here like to accuse others of "playing the race card" or say it's an excuse and that's not true at all. There is racism involved in the immigration debate. There always has been.
It was freezing here last night, literally. There was snow on top of one of our local mountains. I couldn't believe some of the temps in the outlying areas. The mid-20s are cold to us, but locally we're in the 30s and 40s at night.
Talk to you later and have a great day.
first time in 10 years that i felt 32 degrees weather, this morning was COLD. i just build a fire in the fireplace, i hope it will warm up my home, it was chilly when i came from being out all day,( you know,) us people that have a job, kids, school, etc not like some others around the topix that spend 24/7. if you know what i mean, good news i'm going to spend xmas in Connecticut, both my younger sons were born in CT after 10 years we are going back to visit friends. i'm so excited by i'm worry about the cold. anyway take care and keep smiling,(there isn't anything better than smile to keep your spirits up) don't you love being alive? peace
Torchwood

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

gzeena wrote:
Is more always better? Forget about John Tanton and think about the population of the US.
"IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER, YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE TURKISH BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN PRISON!
BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS AND FREE HEALTH CARE?"
For most Americans, race has nothing to do with wanting to end illegal immigration. Illegals and their sympathizers love to use race as an excuse or to distract and even place guilt on citizens who are opposed to Mexicans and Germans alike who are in our country illegally. Because the problem has grown out of control we must look at solutions instead of listening to the same lies from the new administration.
Join NumbersUSA.com today. It's free. Together we will continue to stop our government from granting amnesty which will encourage millions more to disrespect our laws and further weaken the fabric of our nation.
http://www.numbersusa.com/change/immigration/...
Gzeena, did you notice this article was written by a pro-illegal author? I saw the dead giveaway when he could not be neutral and post the correct definition of anti-illegal immigrant group. The other dead giveaway was that they called it a bait and switch - that would imply that the group told them that they would supply one speaker and then switched to another. It did not happen at all as they told them upfront who they were sending. If this Jared Taylor is a white nationalist, then they made some really bad choices to truly debate illegal immigration. We don't need a white nationalist debating illegal immigration when the illegal aliens break the law and should be debated on legal issues!
United America

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

I just thought you should know Rose is up to her lies and slander.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
United America

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Gzeena, did you notice this article was written by a pro-illegal author? I saw the dead giveaway when he could not be neutral and post the correct definition of anti-illegal immigrant group. The other dead giveaway was that they called it a bait and switch - that would imply that the group told them that they would supply one speaker and then switched to another. It did not happen at all as they told them upfront who they were sending. If this Jared Taylor is a white nationalist, then they made some really bad choices to truly debate illegal immigration. We don't need a white nationalist debating illegal immigration when the illegal aliens break the law and should be debated on legal issues!
Torch!

Torchwood

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

United America wrote:
It is pretty simple Rose lied about it and continues to lie about it!

Ask yourself how in the heck does she know it did not cause harm? Ask yourself if it was not done out of pure maliciousness and evil intent? More importantly ask yourself if she ever gave even an insincere apology like she did to NTR1!? Answers are: No she has no idea what harm she has done to the owner of that website. Yes, it was pure maliciousness because before she posted it she posted "Don't mess with the Irish" and "KMIA". Finally, unless you consider "GFY" an apology, then NO!
Torchwood

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

United America wrote:
BTW, did you notice how the pro-illegals continue to lie and attack the anti-illegals like myself? They have done it several times on this little thread already!

“Merry Christmas”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

United America wrote:
LMFAO! Yeah right, tattle-tale and snitch. What a little girl you are. I can't stop laughing at your sheer ignorance and immaturity.

Oh yeah, off topic btw. LOL!
torchwoood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, did you notice how the pro-illegals continue to lie and attack the anti-illegals like myself? They have done it several times on this little thread already!
oh my god i'm going crazy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ferris State University Discussions

Search the Ferris State University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale E. Blunier (Aug '08) Dec '12 Charles L Sarasota 4
"Slow learner' now a college president Dr. Bill... (Feb '09) Nov '12 Ish 8
Mid Michigan Community College starting two-yea... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Mayfield Plasrics 1
Prejudice & Bigotry (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dion Owens 1
Family/Married Housing (May '12) May '12 Kirsten 1
ArtPrize Founder Rick DeVos To Receive Honorary... (May '12) May '12 bobolinq 1
US museum showcases racist artifacts (Apr '12) Apr '12 Go-Nads 8
•••
•••