Scholars want help identifying slaves' origins

Dec 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

This March 2010 photo provided by Emory University shows Liz Milewicz, former project manager for African-Origins. Researchers using audio recordings of names found in Courts of Mixed Commission records for Havana, Cuba, and Freetown, Sierra Leone, to identify their likely ethno-linguistic origins, at Emory University in Atlanta.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

"Obama is derived from the word "bam", meaning crooked or indirect, she said in her book."

I can believe this by Hussein Obama's recent action of "Fast and Furious", Solyandra, crisis fatuous spending, his lying, etc. makes me believe he is a real descendant of the crooked Obama family and is living up to their namesake.

This is such a bigoted approach to genealogy. Why only african slaves. We were all descended from slaves. English were slaves to the Romans, Italians were slaves to the Barbarians that overran Rome, etc. Why is this person being so narrow minded and limiting it to just africans?
Taz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

They are to stupid to know history like that. Its all about the afros. no one else were ever slaves. We made something of ourselves something none of them ever acomplished in life, so sad after all these years it looks like they would have made something of them selves by now.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Government schools will not teach this either:

The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

I guess we should know by now it is "racist" to post the truth. Only distorted history is allowed by some people so they can try and get us to pay them money.
Taz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

icouldusesomehel p etal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stepson Taz disagrees with you.
Typical southerner, stupid, racist and just plain wrong.
are you stillawake boy: rock a bye lil niggy in the tree top when niggy blows he goes slop slop slop.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were Whites slaves and they were America's first slaves. These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were.

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottensl...
Taz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Its all about the afros. no one else were ever slaves. " Taz
This is one of your fellow southern gentlemen. He seems to disagree.
How the hell do you get disagreement out of that? I thought you were just faking stupidity but you proved me wrong.ooooga booooga
LIGER OMNI PRIME

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

seem,s like obama wants to bring this back, under a different name of course!
Doctors eworking for free, Joe the plumber taxed to death & sharing the fruits of his efforts with parasites, businesses overburdened with taxes and legislation etc. Call it what you call it, it is the servitude of the hard working class.

Since: Dec 11

<><><><><><><>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you claiming the only slaves there has ever been were black?
Check posts 3 and 7 (not mine).
One post says"majority"and the other says"one-half",neith er say or mean ALL.Just guessing I would say that you are a black,a liberal,or a fool.I could be mistaken,you could be all three.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

StormFront Trooper 7 wrote:
<quoted text>One post says"majority"and the other says"one-half",neith er say or mean ALL.Just guessing I would say that you are a black,a liberal,or a fool.I could be mistaken,you could be all three.
I applaud you for your intellectual insight, you are correct he is all of the above.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Emory University Discussions

Search the Emory University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Faith and Values: The story of Ben Hooper Jun 29 Doh 2
Prostate cancer screening may do more harm than... (Nov '11) May '14 Miamor 2
Henry County teen wont give up fight to cure ca... Apr '14 Phickyouman 1
How The Vice President of New Afrika Became May... Mar '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Gwinnett juvenile judge not reappointed (Jun '09) Mar '14 victims of Phyllis miller 3
Reprimanded Psychiatrist? Bad Advice? (Jun '09) Feb '14 hmariewv 4
What's the next step in fighting depression? (Jan '12) Jan '14 Barbe 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••