Lupus disproportionately strikes black women

Nov 19, 2012 Full story: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal 22

Kim Schofield is passionate about educating college students about lupus, a debilitating disease that disproportionately affects young women, particularly African-Americans. Such an educational event was held earlier this year on the campus of Clark Atlanta University, shortly after the deaths of two young women who had the disease.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 26, 2012
seems everything under the sun, in America, disproportianately strikes blck men and women...

But unless they can figure out why...why highlight that all the time?

I just know that a lot of these people, whether white or blck, in their ancestrial lands, did not have these issues...

So obviously it has something to do with current enviornment or foods or additives...that their ancestors were free of...

It would be better to concentrate on finding out what it is the people who get it, eat, or where they live, rather than just say do to generic color labeling, they are more likely to get it...that's absolutly useless to anyone...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 26, 2012
I mean is it do to stress?

I heard one poster say stress can trigger it...now that's something someone could work with...a possible cause...

Color, without cause, is meaningless...I'm sure lupus doesn't care what color you are...so obviously there are other factors involved...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
seems everything under the sun, in America, disproportianately strikes blck men and women...

But unless they can figure out why...why highlight that all the time?

I just know that a lot of these people, whether white or blck, in their ancestrial lands, did not have these issues...

So obviously it has something to do with current enviornment or foods or additives...that their ancestors were free of...

It would be better to concentrate on finding out what it is the people who get it, eat, or where they live, rather than just say do to generic color labeling, they are more likely to get it...that's absolutly useless to anyone...
good post. It has a lot to do with environment and body chemistry. We are not in our natural environment

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#5 Nov 26, 2012
I have a family member that has Lupus and it is not a nice disease. He has flair ups, it is so sad and horrible. From what he tells me the sun can trigger a flair up, drinking too much water, not eating right etc.

I just heard that NBA player Kevin Mc Kale's 3 year old daughter recently passed from complications due to Lupus. It certainly doesn't have a color or age preference.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Also a friend told me about a woman that she knew that took her own life after struggling with Lupus for 17 years. I guess she just couldn't take it any longer.
Franklyn Franks

Lansing, MI

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Bychance37 wrote:
I just heard that NBA player Kevin Mc Kale's 3 year old daughter recently passed from complications due to Lupus.
You did not hear that. Quit lying!
Franklyn Franks

Lansing, MI

#8 Nov 26, 2012
aZiya wrote:
<quoted text>
good post. It has a lot to do with environment and body chemistry. We are not in our natural environment
Yes, you are all quite healthy and thriving back in Africa.

Will the excuses ever end!

SMDH!!

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Bychance37 wrote:
Also a friend told me about a woman that she knew that took her own life after struggling with Lupus for 17 years. I guess she just couldn't take it any longer.
It's a hard brutal world we live in, then along comes 'Lupus'...which obviously doesn't make things any easier...

I was on another forum in here...and read all the stories of ordinary or extrodinary people who suddenly found out they had it...or had had it for years and copeing...

it was sad reading...expecially from those who were single, and their own sole sorce of income...

If your body can't function, you can't work, you can't generate income, you go broke...

And I also read where it's striking the young at an increasingly high rate...

it's stuff they're putting in the food...the enviornment...that's such a given...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Could be enviornmental, from anything from paint on the walls (chemicals)...to dust, to a whole variety of chemicals DuPont and other Chemical manufactuars lace everything with now days...

In the end...all this chemical technology, may be what kills us...wipes us out....

Rearranging all this molecules and atoms in ways they weren't meant to be arranged, and then inhaled for years and decades...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Franklyn Franks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are all quite healthy and thriving back in Africa.

Will the excuses ever end!

SMDH!!
dude in Africa diabetes is rare , same for high blood pressure and heart disease everything that affect us disproportionately here is almost non existent there.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Franklyn Franks wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not hear that. Quit lying!
I did just hear it on TV. Why would I lie? Shaq, Charles Barkley and a few others were just discussing it before the Knick's game.

“for sure__maybe”

Since: Mar 11

Dubtown Ohio

#13 Nov 26, 2012
I believe lupus is hereditary I know a family that has two members with lupus.One has died and the other has a mild form and is taking medications.
Franklyn Franks

Lansing, MI

#14 Nov 26, 2012
aZiya wrote:
<quoted text>
dude in Africa diabetes is rare , same for high blood pressure and heart disease everything that affect us disproportionately here is almost non existent there.
You are blowing a lot of hot air out of your arse. You haven't a clue! Try reading before you make an even bigger assz out of yourself.
Franklyn Franks

Lansing, MI

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did just hear it on TV. Why would I lie? Shaq, Charles Barkley and a few others were just discussing it before the Knick's game.
"
No you didn't. Quit lying. Kevin McHale's 3 year old daughter" did not die.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a hard brutal world we live in, then along comes 'Lupus'...which obviously doesn't make things any easier...
I was on another forum in here...and read all the stories of ordinary or extrodinary people who suddenly found out they had it...or had had it for years and copeing...
it was sad reading...expecially from those who were single, and their own sole sorce of income...
If your body can't function, you can't work, you can't generate income, you go broke...
And I also read where it's striking the young at an increasingly high rate...
it's stuff they're putting in the food...the enviornment...that's such a given...
Yeah I agree, my family member is a young man. Married with 4 children and suddenly this, he lost his business but is able to keep his home. Luckily he has his wife, kids and us. His wife is good to him and takes care of him but he is in and out of the hospital and it just breaks my heart. The doctors say he probably had it his whole life and now it's just flaring up. He had something called ttp (I think) when he was about 7, had to have his spline removed, they said it was probably lupus and that they didn't diagnose him properly.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17 Nov 26, 2012
aZiya wrote:
<quoted text>
dude in Africa diabetes is rare , same for high blood pressure and heart disease everything that affect us disproportionately here is almost non existent there.
Don't waste your time, their 'intent' is only to upset, and not to help...

They are sick coming onto a forum like this and talking that mess though...
Franklyn Franks

Lansing, MI

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time, their 'intent' is only to upset, and not to help...
They are sick coming onto a forum like this and talking that mess though...
lmao

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Nov 26, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
I believe lupus is hereditary I know a family that has two members with lupus.One has died and the other has a mild form and is taking medications.
There just seems to be no cure for death, period...

At least not the physical form of death...

Billions of people have been born, and billions have past away into the otherly world or realm...

Yet, do to self preservation, there's always that time when ya think you'll be that one acception...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 Nov 27, 2012
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
It's much more effective for the criminal elite at the top who run things to say "it's genetic", so people don't bother looking for ways to prevent such diseases in the first place. If people don't bother doing that, what's next? Total dependency upon the (criminal elite) people in power today.
That's exactly what these criminals want us to be: dependent upon them
No different than farm animals being dependent upon the farm owner.
Interesting...

Ye, it's very insightful how the old school women, from like post colonial slave days...when this country was still very much agricultural, in that many people still lived on farms and grew their own food, anyways...insightful how those old era woman, and some men, lived so long...and were healthy...like grandmas into their 90's ect ect...when they ate natural foods grown at home, or on farm...

So obviously it's not genetic, but rather chemical, and enviornment...

A lot has changed since those days...expecially the diet of urban folks who basically eat 100% fast food or processed food and foods with additives ect ect...

And then we wonder why so many are becoming stricken with all these odd diseases so early on in life...

We, or 'industry' is poisoning us through the food...

So sad...
Truthism

United States

#23 Nov 27, 2012
Yes. I talk about this stuff with my friend all the time. How we must get back to "organic" food (without pesticides, without hormones, etc.).

I eat raw, wild bee pollen as one of my daily multivitamin supplements.

I stay clear of any pharmaceutical drugs the local drug-pushers (doctors) try to give.

Drink filtered water (look for fluoride water filters).

I wash myself with all-natural, organic products. When I wash my hands, I use a mixture of Baking Soda and vinegar, as one example.

Go to NaturalNews.com and check it out. A lot of stuff on there to learn from.

I've read up on Camu Camu berry powder and how some psychiatrists weened their (severely depressed) patients off of pharma-meds in NY by giving these patients the Camu Camu berry supplement to take daily.

Camu Camu berrys are grown in South America and are, as I've read, said to have the most vitamin C known to man compared to any other fruit. It's like $60 a lb. for the organic powder, but all that's needed is roughly a teaspoon a day for healthy adults. I'd probably go to a tablespoon a day if I had some problems with health issues.

Anyway, look into this stuff. Tell your friends and family to do the same. We need this to catch on like wildfire. I hate knowing anyone out there is being poisoned by these criminals in power. We need this to stop and, it seems, the only way is through 'grassroots' old fashioned way. Slowly over time, things will change a lot more.

Can you imagine if scurvy happened today, without us knowing about it in the history books? How the simple 'cure' was to each more fruits with vitamin C in them?

Pharmaceutical companies would withhold the truth and just try to cook up some abomination in their laboratories in order to legally patent it and then sell it on the market. They wouldn't say "Just eat citrus fruit!" because they wouldn't make them a dime!

People at the top do not genuinely care for our health. They only care about the girth of their wallet. How so many people are being played like pawns today, it disgusts me to no end.

I consider these criminals the anti-Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emory University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats Fri spud 333
In welcoming immigrants, congregations see future Fri squeezers 2
Could Georgia shift from red to purple? Nov 3 Ace McMillan 5
NYC Doctor With Ebola Upgraded to Stable Condition Nov 1 Gary 1
What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... Oct 31 Sam in Ellijay 1
Medicaid ADHD treatment under scrutiny Oct 26 Vaccine Damage 4
Nurse with Ebola in Atlanta is "Making Good Pro... Oct 25 Flo 2

Emory University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE