Researchers Confirm Genetic Link Between Autism And Schizophrenia

Nov 18, 2010 Full story: I-Newswire.com 23

Researchers have pinpointed a genetic mutation that dramatically increases the risk of autism spectrum disorders and schizophrenia, and appears related to bipolar disorder.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
raymond

Longueuil, Canada

#1 Nov 18, 2010
what a crap.

They found that 15 genes were missing in 23 patients within a group of 23000 neurodedevelopmentaly delayed individuals.

They found a genetic variation which represents 0.1% from the normal neurotypicals. Does this 0.1% characetrizes autism
as genetic. This is the same thing as taking 1000 autistic kids, testing and finding out that only 1 of these kids is missing 15 genes, therefore saying we have find the genetic problem for the other 999 autistic individual. Doe sthis make sense?

Well if this is due to genetic why are there so many more numbers of kids not able to talk and make eye contacts. Why so many regress at 2-3 years old. This does not seem to be genetic.

reasond

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Nov 19, 2010
The point is that of all the kids tested none of the 52,000 control kids had the same missing sequence of 15 genes. So there is some sort of link there. However as you pointed out the results were a fraction of a percent which hardly gives reason to start giving kids w/ Autism antipsychotic drugs which is what I think this article is pointing towards.
You cant take one study on one specific aspect of the complex genetic make-up of Autism and call the whole thing bullshit. There are more studies that explain more pieces of the puzzle and more and more data on the genetics of autism is being revealed as we move forward. Which is by the way a ton more scientific evidence then the zero proof vaccine crap you keep pushing. Think about this... if vaccines are to blame then it would have to be an issue of brain damage due to some sort of reaction to the contents of the vaccine right? Well if that hypothetically were the case why wouldn't it effect all kids that were vaccinated? Considering the FACT that compared to all kids given vaccines only a fraction develop Autism wouldn't that in itself indicate a genetic disposition? Even if you go by the 1 in 110 estimate that is still .9%. So by using your own logic about this study, the numbers just aren't significant. What a crap, right?
By the way, Autism is a developmental disorder and the age of 2-3 is a crucial point of social development so it's not surprising that dysfunction would take place at this time. The fact that we also get various vaccines around this time is a coincidence. Vaccines are NOT causal, only a loose correlation with lots of press. GIVE IT UP ALREADY.
NObamarama

Macungie, PA

#3 Nov 26, 2010
The only thing that's crap raydouche is how you blindly cling to your bogus vaccine theory and reject the reams of data demonstrating genetic and environmental links to autism. You're nothing more than a small time hack looking for a big payday from pharma companies. You're a pathetic ambulance chaser!
raymond wrote:
what a crap.
They found that 15 genes were missing in 23 patients within a group of 23000 neurodedevelopmentaly delayed individuals.
They found a genetic variation which represents 0.1% from the normal neurotypicals. Does this 0.1% characetrizes autism
as genetic. This is the same thing as taking 1000 autistic kids, testing and finding out that only 1 of these kids is missing 15 genes, therefore saying we have find the genetic problem for the other 999 autistic individual. Doe sthis make sense?
Well if this is due to genetic why are there so many more numbers of kids not able to talk and make eye contacts. Why so many regress at 2-3 years old. This does not seem to be genetic.
raymond

Longueuil, Canada

#4 Nov 26, 2010
I was telling about this theory to your mother late last night in her bed while her legs were width open. Do not worry I stick it up her azz.

As for genetic theory your are pushing it its chasing a needle in hay stack and that is what it is. 10 years wasted no results and they are more coinfused than ever before. Since you are so ignorant to admit that there are far too many more autistics (I do not mean wierd kids socially, but rather kids not talking at all, periodic regression). This can not happen based on genes that you are pushing like a cow.

All these kids loosing life skills around 2 years old, and being vaccinated just within the same period call it what ever you want , coincidence.

Ignorama, is being paid by probably GSK to post his ideas. Since that is their latest strategy, invite over the manuacturinbg facility some lef over illiterate mothers so they can show their filling machines and tell them see, vaccines are safe. My azz.

Believe what you want, but all people around me are very cautious when it comes to vaccines and antibiotics since for me that is the main cause.

And guess what majority do no vaccinate since they are smarting up. Guess the numbers talk for themselves.

Now shove up your azz some unsafe shots, hardly ever researched for combine efect soideeffects.

By the way I am seeing your mother tonight, she can not come to my place since she can not walk since last night. hahahaha
NObamarama wrote:
The only thing that's crap raydouche is how you blindly cling to your bogus vaccine theory and reject the reams of data demonstrating genetic and environmental links to autism. You're nothing more than a small time hack looking for a big payday from pharma companies. You're a pathetic ambulance chaser!
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 27, 2010
If it's vaccines, that 'regression' isn't at 2 OR 3 years old. There's the first Raymond inaccuracy.
These genes were missing in 24 study participants, Not 23. Second Raymond inaccuracy.
15 genes normally present on chromosome 17. Science has also found other genetic links. There has to be a genetic link or ALL kids would have autism if it was due to that autism-vaccine conspiracy. It just hasn't been the anti vaxers year.
NObamarama is correct, other than Raymond coming her only to post graphic sexual content which says enough about that person, Raymond is looking for some payout.
raymond

Longueuil, Canada

#6 Nov 28, 2010
Keep barking dog.

For allwe know you could be ignorama. Pushing the same old theory of autism genetics which so far has no results. Are<nt you embarassed defending a theory that has so far with all their mighty research being a big ZERO.

Just to start the study fails to distinguish what subtypes of autism does the study apply to. Since regressive autism has nothing to do with Aspergers. However, in every research they bunch the up so no actual results acn be established.

How ignorants can these researchers be^ Where did they graduate from^ Do they think people are going to say Ok VACCINES are safe, lets immunize ourself. What a crap you and this freaking study.
friend wrote:
If it's vaccines, that 'regression' isn't at 2 OR 3 years old. There's the first Raymond inaccuracy.
These genes were missing in 24 study participants, Not 23. Second Raymond inaccuracy.
15 genes normally present on chromosome 17. Science has also found other genetic links. There has to be a genetic link or ALL kids would have autism if it was due to that autism-vaccine conspiracy. It just hasn't been the anti vaxers year.
NObamarama is correct, other than Raymond coming her only to post graphic sexual content which says enough about that person, Raymond is looking for some payout.
raymond

Longueuil, Canada

#7 Nov 28, 2010
VACCINES major cause of regressive autism?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#8 Nov 28, 2010
Raymond, do you know which DSM diagnosis determines the difference between autism and regressive autism?

It's pretty difficult to discount 15 genes normally present on chromosome 17 to equal zero. If you're missing 15 genes, even that math doesn't equal zero.

You're not having a very good year, genetic-wise anyway. The one that is ignorant is the one who cant see genetics is the bases for why some cant handle vaccines. Oooooh, that would also explain why the majority who get vaccines do not have autism.

If anyone should be embarrassed, it's you with all those typo's.
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#9 Apr 7, 2011
Yeah, keep barking dog..

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#10 Dec 5, 2011
Doesn't look like it's ignored at all, except by some.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Dec 5, 2011
Same old "study 15 percent" and lead the public to believe autism all has the same basic etiology. So bogus because there IS evidence it may have numerous causes. BUT, Pharma and its minions is all about spreading misinformation which many stupid parents of damaged kids STILL buy. Once a moron always a moron I guess. Odd how few ask, "What about the other 85 percent?" You know, the VAST MAJORITY OF CASES?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#12 Dec 5, 2011
Not Pharma, Genetic. Deal with it, not spread conspiracy.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#13 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Not Pharma, Genetic. Deal with it, not spread conspiracy.
Been skipping your English as a second language classes again eh?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#14 Dec 5, 2011
Personal attack, again.
Cha ching
VACCINES-AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Dec 5, 2011
reasond wrote:
The point is that of all the kids tested none of the 52,000 control kids had the same missing sequence of 15 genes. So there is some sort of link there. However as you pointed out the results were a fraction of a percent which hardly gives reason to start giving kids w/ Autism antipsychotic drugs which is what I think this article is pointing towards.
You cant take one study on one specific aspect of the complex genetic make-up of Autism and call the whole thing bullshit. There are more studies that explain more pieces of the puzzle and more and more data on the genetics of autism is being revealed as we move forward. Which is by the way a ton more scientific evidence then the zero proof vaccine crap you keep pushing. Think about this... if vaccines are to blame then it would have to be an issue of brain damage due to some sort of reaction to the contents of the vaccine right? Well if that hypothetically were the case why wouldn't it effect all kids that were vaccinated? Considering the FACT that compared to all kids given vaccines only a fraction develop Autism wouldn't that in itself indicate a genetic disposition? Even if you go by the 1 in 110 estimate that is still .9%. So by using your own logic about this study, the numbers just aren't significant. What a crap, right?
By the way, Autism is a developmental disorder and the age of 2-3 is a crucial point of social development so it's not surprising that dysfunction would take place at this time. The fact that we also get various vaccines around this time is a coincidence. Vaccines are NOT causal, only a loose correlation with lots of press. GIVE IT UP ALREADY.
A loose correlation? You are a moron.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Dec 5, 2011
Now he's attacking a comment from 2010! And calling him names!
Wakefield Cult

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Now he's attacking a comment from 2010! And calling him names!
Good call. Shows you may be paying attention. I also call people morond in 2011 and plan to call them as I see em in 2012.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#18 Dec 5, 2011
He just described himself as an attacking troll.
Wakefield Cult

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
He just described himself as an attacking troll.
Friend is always online. Must be on welfare.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#20 Dec 5, 2011
Great, another attack!
I'm always on line for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emory University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In welcoming immigrants, congregations see future Dec 4 Nostradamus 29
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats Dec 1 spud 391
Ebola cases being hidden from public as governm... Nov 30 Diane 1
Could Georgia shift from red to purple? Nov '14 Ace McMillan 5
NYC Doctor With Ebola Upgraded to Stable Condition Nov '14 Gary 1
What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... Oct '14 Sam in Ellijay 1
Medicaid ADHD treatment under scrutiny Oct '14 Vaccine Damage 4
More from around the web