Amish head west for space, cheaper land

Full story: Detroit Free Press

WESTCLIFFE, Colo. -- A new road sign cautions drivers to watch for Amish horse-drawn carriages in the valley beneath Colorado's Sangre de Cristo mountains.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2009
Angie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

i think the amish are the best people. i would love to raise my chiidren in the amisgh community. they teach a person the real ways of life.
HARRY

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

Judged:

I hope the Armish are saving their race.

This is something you need to check out.

I found this interesting. I presume the mixing or races might have something to do with this there are also other factors.

A 2002 study found the prevalence of blue eye color among Caucasians in the United States to be 33.8 percent for those born from 1936 through 1951 compared with 57.4 percent for those born from 1899 through 1905..
Blue eyes have become increasingly rare among American children with only 1 out of every 6 to 16.6 percent which is 49.8 million out of 300 million (22.4% of white Americans of the total United States population having blue eye: have plunge in the past few decades has taken place at a remarkable rate.

A century ago, 80 percent of people married within their ethnic group.

Blue eyes, a genetically recessive trait, were routinely passed down, especially among people of Scottish, English, Irish, Western and Northern Slavic, and Northern European ancestry. In the 1930s, eugenicists used the disappearance of blue eyes as a rallying cry to support immigration restrictions. They went so far as to map the parts of the country with the highest and lowest percentage of blue-eyed people.

America is on the wrong track. Another type of Global warming. Something you may not be able to undo when or if left too late.
Angie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Judged:

i very much agree with you. some day we wont even have a pure race, the only race will be that of a mixed race.
libertus

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Do the Amish have plans to establish itself in Europe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elizabethtown College Discussions

Search the Elizabethtown College Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
In Our Schools: Bonnie Sobotor (Dec '11) Dec '11 Anonymous 1
Paul Muschick: Poison rodents, not children (Jun '11) Jun '11 Tom Stump 1
First of its kind African-American woodwind qua... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Lil Tony 2
Elizabethtown might get newspaper (Dec '09) Dec '09 D Conroy 2
Roll-n-Glow heater maker Heat Surge LLC of Cant... (Feb '09) Feb '09 easy 1
Amish population nearly doubles in 16 years (Aug '08) Aug '08 TouristLush 1
•••
•••