Is it OK to be a Counselor and Homoph...

Is it OK to be a Counselor and Homophobic?

There are 185 comments on the www.psychologytoday.com story from Feb 4, 2012, titled Is it OK to be a Counselor and Homophobic?. In it, www.psychologytoday.com reports that:

What do we do when personal and professional justification systems collide? If you are a counselor or a professional psychologist, to what extent do your personal beliefs and values need to align with those of the profession? A recent case involving a counselor in training is has brought this question to a head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.psychologytoday.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#182 Feb 8, 2012
Atheist Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon enough that won't be good enough. You'll have to file for a permit every time you need to have a bowl movement - If their office is closed? Too bad. You'll have to hold it. Their new smart meters won't just cut off gas and electricity when they don't want you using energy - they will also detect methane and other 'gases' from your bathroom - Fines will be issued for using the toilet without permission.
How's that hope and change working out...for you?
Ah so the panic and propaganda has set in...
The Hope and Change is working out a whole lot better than that bitchy and whiny thing you have going.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#183 Feb 8, 2012
Atheist Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon enough that won't be good enough. You'll have to file for a permit every time you need to have a bowl movement - If their office is closed? Too bad. You'll have to hold it. Their new smart meters won't just cut off gas and electricity when they don't want you using energy - they will also detect methane and other 'gases' from your bathroom - Fines will be issued for using the toilet without permission.
How's that hope and change working out...for you?
Paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep, it starts when you're always afraid, step outta line, the man comes and takes you a-way.....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#184 Feb 8, 2012
Atheist Liberal wrote:
Where does the real hate lie I wonder? I just acknowledged respect for the log cabin republicans for not supporting the liberal agenda to destroy America as we have known it...
The gay nazi's post "incendiary" and "mean" icons to my comments - comments that do nothing more than state an objective view of the issue. I have not made a single denegrating remark about homosexuals.
They are the ones who are FILLED WITH HATE.
Are you gay? Why do you assume that everyone that's here is gay? There are many straight supporters in equal rights, and they're not all liberals. By the way, you use "liberal" as if it's a bad thing, where as I wear that tag with pride.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#185 Feb 8, 2012
Atheist Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not unsupported - it's a fact. With increasing frequency private property owners are required to "get permission" for any kind and every kind of modification to their homes - and we're not talking about just structural/safety issues here.
We're told how many dogs we can own. We're told how efficient our heaters have to be - what kind of light bulbs we have to use - how far back our trees and shrubs have to be kept - we can't even plant or cut down a tree without permission - ON OUR OWN PROPERTY.
Meanwhile, the government is holding up economic activuty by cutting their permitting office hours down so much, that many businesses are losing millions of dollars every day, because they can't get permits to begin jobs for their customers.
The government has even begun telling parents what they can and cannot make for their own children's lunches - the list of goverment intrusions in our lives grows on a daily basis.
Soon enough, we'll all wake up one day and realize that we're in a new place all together - like castro's cuba!
And it's all because of stupid liberals and corrupt liberals and the establishment Republicans.
Regarding your tree problem, NOT every one has that kind of government. In my area, we can plant and cut trees to our hearts desire. Now, getting a permit to add on to a home in any way? Yes, for tax purposes. I was going to say that the rest of your rant......however, I now notice that your entire post was nothing more than a paranoid rant.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#186 Feb 8, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Try doing actual research on the subject. You're not showing common sense, you're rationalizing.
BTW, "Children" are not a sexual orientation, they are an age group which removes them from being an inborn trait to being a learned behavior/fetish/paraphilia.
I "Contend" you are an idiot.
I don't "contend" it at all.

I ASSERT it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern Michigan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News June wedding planned (May '11) May '17 Greg 3
News Eastern Michigan names diversity, inclusion com... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Drain Jammy Washi... 7
News The Latest: Racist graffiti protested at Easter... (Nov '16) Nov '16 RMG El Rey de Tra... 2
News For low-income students, gap years often elusive (May '16) May '16 Three Days 3
News Students learn about faith at Interfaith Dinner (Dec '15) Dec '15 Marie-Luise_J 1
News Muslim Student Association hosts Nature Walk (Jun '15) Jun '15 spankyham 7
News EMU's smoking ban is a good thing (May '15) May '15 Ohio loves bans 1
More from around the web