Mich. Counseling Student Refuses to T...

Mich. Counseling Student Refuses to Treat Gays, Gets Expelled, Sues University

There are 7 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 30, 2012, titled Mich. Counseling Student Refuses to Treat Gays, Gets Expelled, Sues University. In it, EDGE reports that:

A counseling student from Eastern Michigan University , who was expelled for refusing to treat gays and lesbians, was recently granted permission by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals that she can argue "religious discrimination" in her suit against the school, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#1 Jan 30, 2012
Physician, heal thyself!

How does she cope with the fact that right across the Detroit River in Ontario, gays are living equal lives and are marrying?
Magic UndergarMitt

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 30, 2012
As long as glbt or glbt friendly medical or psych professionals can refuse to treat xstain, fundie talibangelicals I wouldn't have a problem with this idiot's claims.

Just say it's against your religious beliefs to help or work with bigots...simple.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 31, 2012
She's a bigot, and shouldn't be allowed to graduate with a license.
Magic UndergarMitt

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jan 31, 2012
Didn't the lower federal courts already hear a similar case from GA and determine that grad programs have the right to adhere to clinical standards...even when dealing with "religious" discriminators?

Or perhaps this is that case and I mixed them up.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#5 Feb 1, 2012
"Religious discrimination" seems like a bit of a stretch, but anyone who proudly stands up against the pro-homo agenda is alright in my book.
Magic UndergarMitt

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
"Religious discrimination" seems like a bit of a stretch, but anyone who proudly stands up against the pro-homo agenda is alright in my book.
We know you're a homophobic bigot. That obvious fact doesn't mean you and your fellow, sexually sick talibangelicals get to discriminate in places of public accommodation, such as universities which receive any government funds.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 1, 2012
fr sneaky:

"Religious discrimination" seems like a bit of a stretch, but anyone who proudly stands up against the pro-homo agenda is alright in my book. <

Oh really? So if YOUR child was injured in a serious accident and needed to be treated at the local ER, it'd be "alright" (sic) in your "book" to make darn sure their nurses, doctors, xray techs, surgeons, etc weren't glbt? What if your kid was close to dying and they were the only staff available?

The idiot student who was rightfully expelled from college should only volunteer to wash dogs at a rescue shelter. That's all they're good for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern Michigan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For low-income students, gap years often elusive May '16 Three Days 3
News Students learn about faith at Interfaith Dinner (Dec '15) Dec '15 Marie-Luise_J 1
News Muslim Student Association hosts Nature Walk (Jun '15) Jun '15 spankyham 7
News EMU's smoking ban is a good thing (May '15) May '15 Ohio loves bans 1
News Why debunked autism treatment fads persist (Feb '15) Feb '15 HumanSpirit 1
Spring Break (Jan '15) Jan '15 ferris 1
News In Detroit, quality schools still elusive (Jun '14) Jun '14 Helen Roper 2
More from around the web