DREAM Act returns to Senate

DREAM Act returns to Senate

There are 25 comments on the www.easternecho.com story from May 24, 2011, titled DREAM Act returns to Senate. In it, www.easternecho.com reports that:

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act was reintroduced to the Senate May 11, by Senator Richard Durbin and, if passed in its current form, would allow children of illegal immigrants already in the U.S. to obtain a green card.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.easternecho.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whowouldathunkit

Knoxville, TN

#1 May 24, 2011
Shoot it Down....
no_more_illegals

Summerville, GA

#2 May 24, 2011
This thing is like a bad STD.
PROUD MEXICAN AMERICAN

United States

#3 May 24, 2011
no_more_illegals wrote:
This thing is like a bad STD.
. And your the worst you piece of shit!
PROUD MEXICAN AMERICAN

United States

#4 May 24, 2011
Whowouldathunkit wrote:
Shoot it Down....
. Get rid of the the lazy people instead.
libby

United States

#5 May 24, 2011
Under no circumstances should anyone that is here illegally be rewarded with a green card (in short amnesty). Everyone should make sure that they their representative is voted out of the senate whether they are Democrat/Republican/Independen t. All Americans should stand as one and remember the 1986 Amnesty Bill where 3 million got amnesty. After this all persons coming to the US had to apply legally. Why didn't the parents come here legally? I'm sick of "no comprende" when they don't want to adhere to the laws. All they want is every 25 years, get another amnesty. After "green card" then what? Maybe green cards for other family members in Mexico, huh?
sterco

Missoula, MT

#6 May 24, 2011
THIS WILL BE KNOCKED IN THE HEAD LIKE AN INBRED PUPPY!!! IT IS ALREADY GONE!!!!
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#7 May 24, 2011
PROUD MEXICAN AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>. And your the worst you piece of shit!
You're either Mexican or American, take your choice. You either owe allegiance to Mexico or the United States. Not both.
sterco

Missoula, MT

#8 May 24, 2011
NO DREAM ACT!!! BUTTHOLERS GET THE MESSAGE IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!! STOP THE DREAM ACT BUTTHOLERS NOW!!!
sterco

Missoula, MT

#9 May 24, 2011
THE DREAM ACT IS AMNESTY UP THE POOP CHUTE!!! IT IS AMNESTY IN PURE DISQUISE!!! DON'T KID YOURSELF IT IS A BACKDOOR UP THE AZZ AMNESTY!!! PURE AND SIMPLE!!!!
Down and Out

New York, NY

#11 May 24, 2011
How many times do we have to say "NO" to this pile of dung!
I guess it really doesn't matter, no matter how many times we must find the resolve to defeat it.
I am convinved that folks such as Reid and Durbin plus more to come will continue their attempts to find a way to pass this foul and vile legislation. All it takes is just once - we can defeat it 99 times and it matters not if it passes on the 100th attempt.
Get on the phones and call your representative, call your Senator, e-mail both and let them know where you stand and what you expect - NO DREAM ACT, NOT NOW NOT NEXT YEAR, NEVER. Thrown the damn thing out with the rubbish into the nearest landfill and bury it.
Then call or e-mail Senator Durbin and give him an earfull to think about.
fedup american

Massillon, OH

#12 May 24, 2011
Down and Out wrote:
How many times do we have to say "NO" to this pile of dung!
I guess it really doesn't matter, no matter how many times we must find the resolve to defeat it.
I am convinved that folks such as Reid and Durbin plus more to come will continue their attempts to find a way to pass this foul and vile legislation. All it takes is just once - we can defeat it 99 times and it matters not if it passes on the 100th attempt.
Get on the phones and call your representative, call your Senator, e-mail both and let them know where you stand and what you expect - NO DREAM ACT, NOT NOW NOT NEXT YEAR, NEVER. Thrown the damn thing out with the rubbish into the nearest landfill and bury it.
Then call or e-mail Senator Durbin and give him an earfull to think about.
we totally agree ,we will do as the last time,somebody please post phone numbers to our reps.and wee will blowem up.when do they vote???
Down and Out

New York, NY

#13 May 24, 2011
fedup american - The last time this was brought to the Senate floor one hell of a brawl ensued. If memory serves me correctly usanumbers.com (or something close to that) had a petition to sign on line that could be sent directly to the Senate. Many different web sites established links directly to individual Senators for the citzenry to voice their opinions.
As far as Ohio is concerned we can contact our two Senators via the US Senate web site.(My ISP is New York or New Jersey but I live in central Ohio between Columbus and Delaware.)
We need to once again mount an aggresive push to halt this nonsense. Our opposition counts on us to let down our guard just once and open the door for DREAM ACT passage. Don't give the traitors that pleasure - kick them directly in the arse by kicking the DREAM ACT to the curb.
Call, e-mail and get the word out - NO DREAM ACT!!
Agucho Quintero

United States

#19 May 25, 2011
I Agree with DREAM act approval. Every body in USA, exept Indians are immigrats. Immigrants are our grand fathers, parents. If You are USA citizen Do not be envy, and let others be too.
sterco

Missoula, MT

#20 May 25, 2011
Agucho Quintero wrote:
I Agree with DREAM act approval. Every body in USA, exept Indians are immigrats. Immigrants are our grand fathers, parents. If You are USA citizen Do not be envy, and let others be too.
Most illegal do approve of the Dream Act. BIG SURPRISE!!! Now go home.

“I like you, you make me laugh!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#21 May 25, 2011
Agucho Quintero wrote:
Indians are from India and humans are not indigenous to the Americas. In reality there are no "Native Americans" because somewhere down the line EVERYONE has an immigrant in their family tree. That being said, those of whom had ancestors here before europeans started exploring the Americans can be called what-ever they prefer to be called.
The issue at hand is the illegal immigration into the United States.
Charly

United States

#22 May 25, 2011
Go immigrants. GOd is with yours!! Don't give up.
Obvious

Newport News, VA

#23 May 25, 2011
PROUD MEXICAN AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>. And your the worst you piece of shit!
Wrong...worst piece of shit is an anchor turd.
Obvious

Newport News, VA

#24 May 25, 2011
Agucho Quintero wrote:
Indians were immigrants too...into a lawless land. my great grand parents did indeed immigrate to this country legally....waited their turn followed the rules and laws of the land. Not slither across the border in the dark of night. The country now has laws....obey them or get out. US citizens (taxpayers) can no longer shoulder the burden of the influx of illegals drawing on an already weakened system. The breaking point is beginning to occur and it ain't gonna be pretty.
iballl itchinkee

Peoria, AZ

#25 May 25, 2011
ya hav write yo essay yet?( Dear Alien )!

;-0000000h, no Wettt Dreaming ok ;)
iballl itchinkee

Peoria, AZ

#26 May 25, 2011
Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong...worst piece of shit is an anchor turd.
wow- newsport, VA. from Jimmy Web Senator! ;-000000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern Michigan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For low-income students, gap years often elusive May 22 Three Days 3
News Students learn about faith at Interfaith Dinner (Dec '15) Dec '15 Marie-Luise_J 1
News Muslim Student Association hosts Nature Walk (Jun '15) Jun '15 spankyham 7
News EMU's smoking ban is a good thing (May '15) May '15 Ohio loves bans 1
News Why debunked autism treatment fads persist (Feb '15) Feb '15 HumanSpirit 1
Spring Break (Jan '15) Jan '15 ferris 1
News In Detroit, quality schools still elusive (Jun '14) Jun '14 Helen Roper 2
More from around the web