New effort to make kids college-ready

Dec 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Columbus Dispatch

In a new twist, some high-school teachers in Columbus City Schools will be paired with local college professors to ensure that more students are college-ready. "Over the long term, we hope to reduce the number of our graduates who start college but don't finish because they weren't prepared," Superintendent Gene Harris said.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2011
hey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Quote: "Over the long term, we hope to reduce the number of our graduates who start college but don't finish because they weren't prepared," Superintendent Gene Harris said.

Mental midgets such as this are JUST NOW stumbling across this what, notion? This product of public education herself is pulling down over $100 Gs and this is the latest? best? brightest? idea she can come up with? Fercryinoutloud we've been expecting this strategy to have been well-deployed and highly successfull for well over 50 years now! Forsh^tsake! Public education...no wonder they've resorted to sexual exploitation.
groundhog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

How can one approach the problem of high school students not prepared for college? So simple - commence preparing students when they are in grade school. They should then be able to accept challenges in high school and college (and this DOES NOT include sports). Just consider college athletes when they speak - it's very rare they are able to use correct grammar. Wasn't this severe educational problem supposed to be solved with the government's "No child left behind" program? LOL

“Public Unions=Public Enemies ”

Since: Aug 11

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

College is the next bubble. Hope Uncle Ben doesn't bail them out too, that will truly put us in Weimar territory.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent DeVry University Discussions

Search the DeVry University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gays are at the top of the president's persecut... Feb '14 Gayle Queen 5
Casey J. Kohlmeier (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pontiac Citizen 2
Weah returns to Liberia with degree (Jul '11) Dec '12 George Weahnag 5
Fianancial Aid and Disbursements question? (Oct '12) Oct '12 Trey Denson 1
$1 Homework Questions Answered by Expert Schola... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mike Bowers 1
George Weah gets educated in quest for election (Aug '10) Aug '12 John Doe 19
I need your opinion about verbal and non-verbal... (May '12) May '12 Kuma 1
•••
•••