'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Congressional...

'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Congressional Hearing Set July 23

There are 2 comments on the gay_blog.blogspot.com story from Jul 16, 2008, titled 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Congressional Hearing Set July 23. In it, gay_blog.blogspot.com reports that:

On July 23 the Military Personnel Subcommittee of the House Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing on the impact of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law banning service by openly lesbian, gay and bisexual service members. The hearing will be the first since Congress enacted "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" fifteen years ago.

"This hearing begins a conversation about the national security impact of losing qualified, capable service members," said Aubrey Sarvis, Executive Director of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN) "We commend Congresswoman Susan Davis, Chair of the Military Personnel Subcommittee, for her leadership in reviewing this obsolete law."

more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gay_blog.blogspot.com.

sfgal

San Rafael, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2008
While I think that military service should be open to anybody who wants to join, I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to give up there lives and or their bodyparts to to defend the corporate oligarchy.
SteveMD2

Dewitt, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2008
SFGAL said......."While I think that military service should be open to anybody who wants to join, I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to give up there lives and or their bodyparts to to defend the corporate oligarchy. "

SFGAL: I understand where you are coming from, but there is more to this issue. Many of our volunteers come from small southern conservative towns where the church rules and poisons minds, and the military represents an opportunity to serve and get out of the trap of their rat holes towns. Surveys say that most soldiers know they have gay comrades and it is meaningless issue in a business where you depend on others to do their job to protect your life and vv. The big benefit will be that more of these southern boys and girls will learn that a significant number of their comrades are gay, and yet they are people they respect and like on a social as well as professional level. And there is nothing like that kind of experience to teach these southerners, via their own personal experience, that gay people are good people. And the walls of discrimination and the abomination before God of using His name to foment hatred against another group of His Creation will come tumbling down. And the unemployment lines will be justly filled with the purveyors of this abomination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pines middle school band teacher accused of mol... (Jul '08) Oct '12 Pines Middle Grad... 28
News Greenhouse gas reduction ideas sought at Woodla... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sedgewick P Hunsa... 2
News Incumbents face serious challenges Tuesday (Jul '08) Jul '08 Matthew Miller 1
More from around the web