Health Care Questions I'd Ask Each Ca...

Health Care Questions I'd Ask Each Candidate at the...

There are 9 comments on the Forbes.com story from Oct 8, 2011, titled Health Care Questions I'd Ask Each Candidate at the.... In it, Forbes.com reports that:

There have been some good and bad moments at the Republican Presidential debates so far.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forbes.com.

“May be I did, Maybe I didn't”

Since: Aug 11

Seattle, WA

#1 Oct 8, 2011
Why did the media let Obama get away with the lie that, " if you like your insurance you will get to keep it."?

There are lies the media have allowed Obama to get away with that are too numerous to list here.
kenpodoc

Mesa, AZ

#2 Oct 8, 2011
How biased can you be? "...does this bother you?" (Don't YOU find that a question that pre-conditions a certain response, Mr. Roy?)

"How would you (Gov. Perry) assure universal coverage in your state?" (What if He/We deem that provision of Health Insurance is not the job of the government? News Flash-cradle to grave care is NOT the responsiblity of the government. It seldom works well anywhere, but instead yields rationing with the chief driver of the delivery of care being government bureaucracy.

Asking Ron Paul about constitutionality? Come on! The idea of provision of any entitlements is simply not in the costitution. Period. The Constitution, by its very nature allows for interpretation by the courts. The travesty here is that like many left-wing arguments, the rational is not constitutional at all, but based upon an ever expanding philosophical viewpoint that yields to ever greater expansion of government and its powers. The dirty corollary here is that it yields increased government intrusion into civil liberties, an unrealistic expectation that individual felt needs be provided for in some way by the government. The taxpayer (naturally, the top 10 % of American earners who provide 70% of all tax revenue) has the "outside" role of footing the bill under this obtuse plan for redistribution of wealth.

Your questions offend me as they are ridiculously biased.

“May be I did, Maybe I didn't”

Since: Aug 11

Seattle, WA

#3 Oct 9, 2011
kenpodoc wrote:
How biased can you be? "...does this bother you?" (Don't YOU find that a question that pre-conditions a certain response, Mr. Roy?)

"How would you (Gov. Perry) assure universal coverage in your state?" (What if He/We deem that provision of Health Insurance is not the job of the government? News Flash-cradle to grave care is NOT the responsiblity of the government. It seldom works well anywhere, but instead yields rationing with the chief driver of the delivery of care being government bureaucracy.

Asking Ron Paul about constitutionality? Come on! The idea of provision of any entitlements is simply not in the costitution. Period. The Constitution, by its very nature allows for interpretation by the courts. The travesty here is that like many left-wing arguments, the rational is not constitutional at all, but based upon an ever expanding philosophical viewpoint that yields to ever greater expansion of government and its powers. The dirty corollary here is that it yields increased government intrusion into civil liberties, an unrealistic expectation that individual felt needs be provided for in some way by the government. The taxpayer (naturally, the top 10 % of American earners who provide 70% of all tax revenue) has the "outside" role of footing the bill under this obtuse plan for redistribution of wealth.

Your questions offend me as they are ridiculously biased.
The media is trying to redirect attention and questions away from the one thing that matters and Obama's weakest area. The economy.

Asking these ridiculous questions does nothing to inform prospective voters or advance the debate over sound fiscal policy.

The WashPost and the media by in large want Obama re-elected and as has been demonstrated, have no compunction about telling lies to make it a reality.

Newsbusters.org

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#4 Oct 9, 2011
The GOP/TeaParty are not afraid that national health care will fail, they are afraid it will be a success.

If we ever get total national health care in America, it will be decades before another republican will be elected to a national office. Even Michele Bachmann admitted that.

“May be I did, Maybe I didn't”

Since: Aug 11

Seattle, WA

#5 Oct 9, 2011
WDRussell wrote:
The GOP/TeaParty are not afraid that national health care will fail, they are afraid it will be a success.

If we ever get total national health care in America, it will be decades before another republican will be elected to a national office. Even Michele Bachmann admitted that.
It will succeed in destroying the greatest Heath care system in the world.
It will succeed in forcing everyone into government controlled medicine, where some bureaucrat will decide if the financial cost of your medical treatment is financially worth the cost and if not it's end of life counselling for you.
bluebonnett

Desoto, TX

#6 Nov 18, 2011
Next thing you know the state will require you to have mandatory car insurance. Oops that's already a law.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#7 Nov 21, 2011
bluebonnett wrote:
Next thing you know the state will require you to have mandatory car insurance. Oops that's already a law.
Yeah that pesky tenth amendment.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#8 Nov 21, 2011
WDRussell wrote:
The GOP/TeaParty are not afraid that national health care will fail, they are afraid it will be a success.
If we ever get total national health care in America, it will be decades before another republican will be elected to a national office. Even Michele Bachmann admitted that.
Amen to that - and no lie is too egregious for Republicans to tell to try to mislead people.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Flippsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It will succeed in destroying the greatest Heath care system in the world.
It will succeed in forcing everyone into government controlled medicine, where some bureaucrat will decide if the financial cost of your medical treatment is financially worth the cost and if not it's end of life counselling for you.
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.h...

“The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.“

Source: WHO World Health Report

Country

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America


I know how people who don't read hate to be confused by facts, but our health care system IS 37TH, MOST DECIDEDLY NOT THE BEST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dartmouth College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equity Analyst Internship Jul 6 WallStreetCC 1
News Students chide Dartmouth for lack of faculty di... Jun '16 dave 1
News Former New Hampshire speaker runs for, against ... Jun '16 Knock off purse s... 4
News Library of Congress Drops Illegal Alien Subject... May '16 wild child 2
News Dartmouth-Hitchcock launches search for psychia... May '16 HumanSpirit 1
News 14 staff members at state hospital could lose j... May '16 HumanSpirit 2
News Colo. House passes bill dropping use of 'illega... Apr '16 Le Jimbo 6
More from around the web