5 Notable women of the past and prese...

5 Notable women of the past and present (special series part 3): Nina Simone

There are 1 comment on the Examiner.com story from Mar 17, 2010, titled 5 Notable women of the past and present (special series part 3): Nina Simone. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"High Priestess of Soul" Nina Simone in regal mode. Many modern audiences first became familiar with the name Nina Simone in 2005 after Canadian singer Michael Buble' recorded her 1965 hit song, "Feeling Good," and which finalists on the popular American Idol television show sang before world audiences in 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Tina Mason

Lithonia, GA

#1 Apr 5, 2010
I am so pleased to see the love pouring out for this beautiful and amazing woman! I would like to share with you a tribute to Dr. Nina Simone-April 18, 2010, at Space Atlanta 1310 SW White St. Atlanta, Ga. 5-8pm ! For more info. and to purchase tix, please go to: www.ozaraode.com

Please join us for a Theatrical Reading of an original play written by, Ozara Ode' entitled, "Nina Simone: In Her Own Words", The evening will be moderated by Jon Goode of CNN. Look forward to an interactive Reading of the life of Dr. Nina Simone between the cast of the play, moderator and audience. The play focuses on interviews and conversations with the High Priestess of Soul, allowing us to see another side of this awe-inspiring women. "I wanted to create an arena to increase awareness of who Nina Simone is and what she represents. It is important that we keep her legacy at the forefront of the minds of our youth, and that other artists understand her tenacity and discipline and use it as a standard for their own work. Her accomplishments and her persona should not be forgotten. It is my greatest desire to present Dr. Nina Simone to the world in all of her excellence."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curtis Institute of Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houston Symphony Offers FREE Concert with Houst... Jan '16 Francois Pharts 4
Curtis Dean is wrong (Mar '14) Mar '14 john smith 1
News All-classical radio returns to Philly, by way o... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Plum for a musician - and for the orchestra (Oct '10) Oct '10 Dr-Zaius 1
News Ohio boy dies after wrestling injury (Jul '08) Apr '10 The New Cool Warrior 12
News Philadelphia Opera Plays Antony, Cleopatra (Oct '09) Oct '09 Steven Ager 1
News Secrets of black Philadelphia (Feb '09) Feb '09 equal 2
More from around the web