Index shows slide in rural areas of W...

Index shows slide in rural areas of Wyoming

There are 1 comment on the KIFI Idaho Falls story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Index shows slide in rural areas of Wyoming. In it, KIFI Idaho Falls reports that:

An economist says rural areas in Wyoming aren't seeing much improvement in their local economies because they are tied closely to commodities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIFI Idaho Falls.

Jerry Manis

Missoula, MT

#1 Feb 26, 2010
There hasn't been much improvement in Wyoming's economy in general since the early 80's oil bust with the exception of the recent blip in energy prices.
All they've done is TALK about "economic development" in this state for 30 years. So the fact that rural areas aren't seeing any improvement is not a surprise in the least.
Fact is, those who have the power and money want to keep it the way it's always been, and they do. Nothing will ever change until people change their gov't in Cheyenne and really WANT to join the rest of the nation in economic growth (once we get out of this republican created depression)
I told people in 2000, look at Republican controled Wyoming and it's economy - that is what a Republican controled Federal Gov't will do to the USA. And here we are in a depression.
*SIGH*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creighton University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will physicians still give patients PSA test? (Feb '16) Nov '17 ReneeWilliamson 2
News Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits (Dec '14) Apr '17 OneWomynRiot 14
News Illegal Immigrant Leaves Blood on the Streets o... (Jul '15) Jun '16 Anti-Stump 7
News Marquette official chosen as Creighton president (Dec '14) Dec '14 Being Dri9ven Away 1
News Bishops Object As Catholic Universities Offer B... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rainbow Kid 3
News Creighton University School of Law Position Ope... (Sep '14) Sep '14 anonymousnetrutht... 1
News VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon brings back "Tight Pants" w... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Ikyb 1
More from around the web