Overturning Catholic Moral Teaching o...

Overturning Catholic Moral Teaching on Homosexuality: Are Salzman And Lawler Right?

There are 21 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Overturning Catholic Moral Teaching on Homosexuality: Are Salzman And Lawler Right?. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

Catholicism argues that homosexuals deserve legal protections, but not because homosexuality is a status. Catholicism says homosexual activity is a choice. So while bishops support non-discrimination policies, they won't agree that homosexuals are protected because of their genetic makeup. Catholic thinkers have grappled with this question for ages. Creighton University professors Todd A. Salzman and Michael G. Lawler are the latest voices on the Catholic circuit. Their 2008 book, "The Sexual Person," just earned a rebuke from the U.S. bishops' doctrine committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Since: Sep 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#23 Oct 3, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a devout regular-church-going Protestant. I'll tell you another weid thing the Catholics did by me about 2 years ago.
They put, ON DIPLAY, at the diocese headquarters, a 500 year old human heart of one of their "saints" for people to come and look at and ooh and aah over and pray over,
is that SICK or what ?!
TRUE STORY !
Blecccch! How stupidly morbid and gross! I guess the uneducated fools still believe that emotions come from the heart, bunch of sadists! What's next - a dirty diaper from Ratzinger's baby days? HOLY SHIT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creighton University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will physicians still give patients PSA test? (Feb '16) Nov 29 ReneeWilliamson 2
News Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits (Dec '14) Apr '17 OneWomynRiot 14
News Illegal Immigrant Leaves Blood on the Streets o... (Jul '15) Jun '16 Anti-Stump 7
News Marquette official chosen as Creighton president (Dec '14) Dec '14 Being Dri9ven Away 1
News Bishops Object As Catholic Universities Offer B... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rainbow Kid 3
News Creighton University School of Law Position Ope... (Sep '14) Sep '14 anonymousnetrutht... 1
News VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon brings back "Tight Pants" w... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Ikyb 1
More from around the web