Concord students face sexual assault charges

Oct 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bluefield Daily Telegraph

A Concord University student facing a charge of second-degree sexual assault waived the time limit Tuesday for a preliminary hearing in Mercer County Magistrate Court.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2014
unbelievable

United States

#1 Oct 2, 2013
I don't know what to say, so sad.
joke

Lewisburg, WV

#2 Oct 2, 2013
They bring these "athletes" in from all over the country to play for the mighty mountain lions, like that is somehow a big deal. If they were high character people or quality athletes they wouldnt have to travel across the country to play ball at Concord. So what do you get? Student athletes lacking in character or with low GPA's who apparently think its ok to rape girls. CU could field a better team by filling their rosters with athletes from the surrounding wv and va counties. Plus less rape!
The Truth

Norfolk, VA

#3 Oct 2, 2013
Ight i know this kid and i know for a fact there has to be more to the story... I really couldnt see him at all taking advantage over a female but who knows there is always that possibility. But innocent or not he wont get a fair trail because we all know how these cases go. But i hope all goes well for him.
Well

Mount Hope, WV

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Someone made a very bad decision that is going to cause a lot of pain and expense to his family.
Sgt Monday

Mount Hope, WV

#5 Oct 13, 2013
I know this guy too and from what I know he wouldn't do something like this. There has to be more to the story, much love to you bro. Stay strong
Former fhs student

United States

#6 Oct 14, 2013
I also know this guy and went to school with him and this is not the first time that something of this nature has been brought to attention about Tylor tabit. This is just the only time someone actually spoke up and told the police. A girl in his same graduating class (an athlete) claimed he had tried to do the same things to her. Mister "goody goody" isn't so good at getting away with things anymore. Nasty.
SamT

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 15, 2013
The whole Tabit family is not what you call good people. This doesn't surprise me at all and it will be good to see at least one of them get justice served on them the way it should be.
Blank

Athens, WV

#8 Oct 31, 2013
SamT wrote:
The whole Tabit family is not what you call good people. This doesn't surprise me at all and it will be good to see at least one of them get justice served on them the way it should be.
You keep hiding behind your computer and keep the Tabit name out of your mouth. You know absolutely nothing about them, which is why your so pathetic to get on topics and talk about them.
Well

Mount Hope, WV

#9 Nov 1, 2013
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep hiding behind your computer and keep the Tabit name out of your mouth. You know absolutely nothing about them, which is why your so pathetic to get on topics and talk about them.
It happens all the time. People talk. They are surely no better than anyone else. Most likely they have talked about others as well!
SamT

Mount Hope, WV

#10 Nov 2, 2013
Grew up with them and live on same street so I do know them dumba$$
Stop harassment

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2013
Very good loving people. So sorry your going through tough times. Keep your faith & chin up! Love & prayers over all this. Very admired people for all they do & have done for our town. We can't help what our children may stumble on or what mistakes they may make. We can however, bring them up right & in church, as which they have done. I pray all you persecutors never have to endure any such pain & then be publicly harassed.
Reality

Athens, WV

#12 Nov 8, 2013
Well, since you continue to go on you should all know the case was dropped. Prosecutor viewed and said there was no case and it was obvious nothing happened. Everyone is quick to jump to conclusions but you should find the truth first. This is a great young man who is going to continue pursuing his medical career. Best of luck to you.
Darcy

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Jul 12, 2014
Reality wrote:
Well, since you continue to go on you should all know the case was dropped. Prosecutor viewed and said there was no case and it was obvious nothing happened. Everyone is quick to jump to conclusions but you should find the truth first. This is a great young man who is going to continue pursuing his medical career. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, mom!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Concord University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athens School needs crossing guard to ensure st... (Dec '13) Aug 28 bulk 2
Two incumbents, two political newcomers, take P... (Jun '13) Jun '13 miranda 1
Ceremony marks 1/150th Armored Recon Squadron c... (Jul '10) May '13 WV Mount U Near 2
Aloia Named President of the College of Coastal... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Concord Alumni 1
BSC, Concord to collaborate on serving region (Feb '13) Feb '13 He Who Walks at M... 1
Campground project becoming reality (Nov '12) Nov '12 Wonder 1
Graduate remembers old Iaeger High School as 'm... (Aug '12) Sep '12 OBNOXIOUS 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Concord University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••