Ohio Gov.: I don't read Ohio newspapers

Ohio Gov.: I don't read Ohio newspapers

There are 17 comments on the Business Journal story from Nov 30, 2011, titled Ohio Gov.: I don't read Ohio newspapers. In it, Business Journal reports that:

I'm not really sure how to react to news of comments Ohio Gov. John Kasich made at a Columbus speech on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 30, 2011
Like he needs the opinions of a copy boy? I don't blame him.
tip

Zanesville, OH

#3 Nov 30, 2011
Big Ben is crying in his coffee.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 1, 2011
Pop up books are more his speed.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 1, 2011
At least President Bush tried to read.

http://blandyland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010...
Spooktackular

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2011
Maybe he means he doesn't read them in paper form. Saves money by reading them online. I only buy the Sunday papers for the coupons. By the time the paper hits the stand it is already old news
GlitterSucks

Defiance, OH

#7 Dec 1, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
Maybe he means he doesn't read them in paper form. Saves money by reading them online. I only buy the Sunday papers for the coupons. By the time the paper hits the stand it is already old news
I didn't get that impression from reading the article. The news depresses him. How nice for him to take an interest, depressing or not, in what is going on in the state.

I heard at some point in time that articles are written at a third grade level, I think that's too high of a reading level for him.
Spooktackular

United States

#8 Dec 1, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't get that impression from reading the article. The news depresses him. How nice for him to take an interest, depressing or not, in what is going on in the state.
I heard at some point in time that articles are written at a third grade level, I think that's too high of a reading level for him.
If the dispatch is third grade level try reading the Lancaster EagleGazett it isn't if a retarded 1st grader level
GlitterSucks

Defiance, OH

#9 Dec 1, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
If the dispatch is third grade level try reading the Lancaster EagleGazett it isn't if a retarded 1st grader level
In crayon?
Spooktackular

United States

#10 Dec 1, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>In crayon?
Lots of color on the front page, so the reporters might use crayon.

I have to head to a water board meeting, I will be back later tonight
GlitterSucks

Defiance, OH

#11 Dec 1, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of color on the front page, so the reporters might use crayon.
I have to head to a water board meeting, I will be back later tonight
water board or water boarding meeting?
Spooktackular

United States

#12 Dec 1, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>water board or water boarding meeting?
Back between meetings. First was water board, next might require water boarding. When dealing with a corupt political hack who has a job because even its dad could stand it in his firm anything is on the table.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#13 Dec 1, 2011
Maybe he just cant read at all.
Modern Man

Columbus, OH

#14 Dec 1, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't get that impression from reading the article. The news depresses him. How nice for him to take an interest, depressing or not, in what is going on in the state.
I heard at some point in time that articles are written at a third grade level, I think that's too high of a reading level for him.
He said reading the papers wasn't an uplifting experience (I saw his comments on TV). It's not supposed to be uplifting, it's NEWS! So now we have a governor at the same level as the former governor of Alaska. The more I live in Ohio the more I think I was kidnapped and taken to Mississippi.
Jimmy Soprano

Mount Gilead, OH

#15 Dec 2, 2011
I guess Governor John Kasich or anyone else has to read the paper to know that repealing Ohio Senate Bill 5 will result in over 100,000 public employees being laid off between now and next June! Tough luck Union Drones!
Spooktackular

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2011
Jimmy Soprano wrote:
I guess Governor John Kasich or anyone else has to read the paper to know that repealing Ohio Senate Bill 5 will result in over 100,000 public employees being laid off between now and next June! Tough luck Union Drones!
They are already laying off in Westerville School District

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#17 Dec 3, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
They are already laying off in Westerville School District
That's a harbinger of things to come in every school district across the state. Big layoffs or big tax increases are the only possible outcomes of the defeat of Issue 2.
Spooktackular

United States

#18 Dec 4, 2011
dpx55 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a harbinger of things to come in every school district across the state. Big layoffs or big tax increases are the only possible outcomes of the defeat of Issue 2.
I am all for big layoffs, starting with Spainish Teachers , then sports, art and music

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus College of Art & Design Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CCAD expects students to be drawn to new comics... Aug '16 Reality Speaks 1
News Columbus ready to woo campaign media (Jul '16) Jul '16 Posting as myself 3
News $5 million requested for COSI dinosaurs (Apr '16) Apr '16 elliot ecot 5
News Tricked-out RV will tout Columbus to visiting c... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Just Saying 1
News New Columbus College of Art and Design presiden... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Big Johnson 1
News Iconic Dayton manufacturer partners with colleg... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Loony Lib 1
News Artists explore masculinity, survival in Columb... (Jan '14) Jan '14 sidekick 15
More from around the web