Graves House in Scarsdale worth saving

Graves House in Scarsdale worth saving

There are 3 comments on the The Journal News story from Feb 13, 2014, titled Graves House in Scarsdale worth saving. In it, The Journal News reports that:

"I fully support the preservation of this house," writes Andrew Dolkart, director of Columbia University's Historic Preservation Program, in a Jan. 26 letter to the BAR.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

Scarsdale Resident

Scarsdale, NY

#1 Feb 16, 2014
I find it interesting that there is support to preserve the house after Mr. Graves sold it for top dollar. This should have been addressed prior to selling.

I have been through the house. While it has some charming qualities, much of the house is nothing special other than big and choppy.

The new owners should be entitled to have a say in what happens so long as it confirms with local BAR rules.

Fort Lee, NJ

#2 Feb 16, 2014
is it a Frankenstein house?

Fort Lee, NJ

#3 Feb 16, 2014
Sorry, will the house be like....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Models 'Deportation Force' After I... Nov 13 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 13
News Report: Organ transplant program may favor wealthy Nov 12 Arbitrary Decisions 2
News Very Bad Things are Happening on Obama's Border Nov 1 Sweet 7
News Barack Obama: Puppet on a String (Sep '10) Oct '15 Rothschild Zionism 3
News 4 Weird Dining Experiences Oct '15 DILF 4
News 'The rats are taking over,' complain New Yorkers Oct '15 Stephany McDowell 1
News Hints of Obama's post-White House plans circulate Sep '15 Choices 2
More from around the web