mayor stranczek hires an expensive ne...

mayor stranczek hires an expensive new spokesman to address his crisis.

There are 42 comments on the www.respublicagroup.com story from Apr 24, 2009, titled mayor stranczek hires an expensive new spokesman to address his crisis. . In it, www.respublicagroup.com reports that:

RES Publica Group: Who we are...

As an experienced crisis manager, media strategist and corporate communicator, Dennis provides seasoned public affairs counsel to Res Publica's clients.

BOBBY STRANCZEK HAS GONE OUT AND HIRED A 'CRISIS MANAGER.' HE HAS A NEW SPOKESMAN NAMED DENNIS CULLOTON. WE DID A GOOGLE SEARCH. IS THE VILLAGE PAYING FOR DENNIS' SERVICES? AS A CRISIS MANAGER, WHOSE CRISIS DOES DENNIS REPRESENT... THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN POISONED OR THOSE WHO DID THE POISONING?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.respublicagroup.com.

PR Firm

Tinley Park, IL

#21 Apr 24, 2009
"The model in Chicago for representing a politician under siege is Dennis Culloton, press secretary to George Ryan as that federal investigation closed in. Culloton was able to enhance his own credibility during those trying times by walking a tightrope between the media and Ryan, somehow managing to be fair to both. He emerged with a successful career as a public affairs specialist in the private sector."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/1431092,CS...

Bobby hired the right guy. He's still going to go to prison.
Pants on Fire

Tinley Park, IL

#22 Apr 24, 2009
"How can you not give the award to Abby Ottenhoff. I haven’t seen this type of spinning since Dennis Culloton worked his magic for O’le George Ryan. By the way, whatever, happened to Dennis?"

Times are tough, Dennis is worlking for lying two bit politicians who poson children now.
Big PR

Tinley Park, IL

#23 Apr 24, 2009
"Ryan's press secretary, Dennis Culloton, said the governor denied any knowledge of the government's allegations.

When he was asked whether the governor should have known of the alleged misdeeds of top aides, Culloton said, "First of all we should let all of this be played out in court."

OH BOBBY YOU DONE RIGHT. EXCEPT A LOT OF THIS GUYS CLIENTS END UP IN FEDERAL PRISON.
Concerned

Midlothian, IL

#24 Apr 24, 2009
Federal Prison wrote:
Dennis Culloton has a proven record of working for guys who get sent to federal prison.
He was Governor George Ryan's press secretary.
Nice hire Bobby. You and George will always have that in common. And federal prison.
Crestwood money should not be used to pay this group.
I agree 100%, we should not pay for this group and that question should be asked and answered before the meeting even begins. If they say our Village is paying for this group we should all get up and walk out, unless of course he plans on resigning right there on the spot.
Concerned

Midlothian, IL

#25 Apr 24, 2009
How does one find a firm like this?

Google "I f-cked UP Big time?"

These big name are not going to intimidate the hard working residents of our village and those who do or have done business here. People, it is time to stand up and say enough is enough. I am so tired of Illinois politics. We need to take our Village back from these idiots.
Stranczeks Done For

Tinley Park, IL

#26 Apr 24, 2009
It's just a matter of time.
More Than Angry

Tinley Park, IL

#27 Apr 24, 2009
"Dennis Colloton, a spokesman for the mayor, referred reporters to Robert Stranczek's recent letter to residents saying the village water never posed any health hazards.

DENNIS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SIT ON THE BOARD AT A PEDIATRIC CANCER CHARITY AND YOU ARE GOING TO DEFEND THIS GUY.

COULDN'T YOU TAKE SOME OTHER WORK?

Hanacek suspects the tainted water may have something to do with his son's cancer , He worries about his two younger sons, 17 and 9, who still spend hours every week on the ice at Southwest Ice Arena.

He's happy to hear about the lawsuit and hopes there may some compensation for his mother's house.

"Somebody should be held accountable for this," he said.

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Money Money Money

Monee, IL

#28 Apr 24, 2009
More Than Angry wrote:
"Dennis Colloton, a spokesman for the mayor, referred reporters to Robert Stranczek's recent letter to residents saying the village water never posed any health hazards.
DENNIS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SIT ON THE BOARD AT A PEDIATRIC CANCER CHARITY AND YOU ARE GOING TO DEFEND THIS GUY.
COULDN'T YOU TAKE SOME OTHER WORK?
Hanacek suspects the tainted water may have something to do with his son's cancer , He worries about his two younger sons, 17 and 9, who still spend hours every week on the ice at Southwest Ice Arena.
He's happy to hear about the lawsuit and hopes there may some compensation for his mother's house.
"Somebody should be held accountable for this," he said.
WE'RE GOING TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
This sums it up best about what Hanacek really thinks, "He's happy to hear about the lawsuit and hopes there may some compensation for his mother's house". Money the root of all evil. I would pose this question to him. Would money make everything go away, oh he already answered that. In his mind it would.
PR Tips for Dennis

Tinley Park, IL

#29 Apr 24, 2009
Dennis... I wanted to tell you... when you're trying to convince the residents that what happened to them wasn't that bad and that the mayor is really a good guy who is just misunderstood, you gotta watch spouting off those long and scary sounding chemical names.

A lot of regular folks think the sound of "perchloroethylene," a dry cleaning agent that is a known carcinogen sounds scary.

Even children could probably figure out that drinking perchloroethylene is bad for you.

Perchloroethylene. It even looks scary written. It's even longer than Mayor Stranczeks long last name.

Our focus groups tell us you should casually shorten the word to 'Perk.'

'Perk' doesn't sound so scary. It's familiar like coffee. People won't feel threatened.'Perk' sounds friendly. Like "a little perk won't kill your kid lady.'

Maybe you and the other big shots at the RES Publica group could even convince the people if Crestwood that 'Perk' is really good for them.

Now about Stranczeks name... maybe tommorow you should call him Bobby. He seems less threatening that way.
Oh so scary

Monee, IL

#30 Apr 24, 2009
PR Tips for Dennis wrote:
Dennis... I wanted to tell you... when you're trying to convince the residents that what happened to them wasn't that bad and that the mayor is really a good guy who is just misunderstood, you gotta watch spouting off those long and scary sounding chemical names.
A lot of regular folks think the sound of "perchloroethylene," a dry cleaning agent that is a known carcinogen sounds scary.
Even children could probably figure out that drinking perchloroethylene is bad for you.
Perchloroethylene. It even looks scary written. It's even longer than Mayor Stranczeks long last name.
Our focus groups tell us you should casually shorten the word to 'Perk.'
'Perk' doesn't sound so scary. It's familiar like coffee. People won't feel threatened.'Perk' sounds friendly. Like "a little perk won't kill your kid lady.'
Maybe you and the other big shots at the RES Publica group could even convince the people if Crestwood that 'Perk' is really good for them.
Now about Stranczeks name... maybe tommorow you should call him Bobby. He seems less threatening that way.
My next question would be, if a "little" store front dry cleaner that has not actually dry cleaned any clothes for over 30 years on site could still have chemicals in the ground.

I would bet the answer is no. It sure sounds like a fishing expedition to me. Oh well I have a hang nail and I went to a couple of ball games in Crestwood and drank soda that had ice in it so how do I sign up for the lawsuit?
PR Tips for Dennis

Tinley Park, IL

#31 Apr 24, 2009
That's it Dennis... start to villify anyone who has cancer... create an environment where if anyone should question if Crestwoods water gave them cancer that people will look at them like they are an opportunist or a 'nut.'

Here's a couple of pointers:

1. Anyone who talks about suing should be called greedy. No one deserves compensation for these 'mystery' cancers. Blame it on genetics or something.

2. Portray the Stranczeks as victims too. Point out at every turn that they and their families drank the water too. Just don't tell anyone that they had a bottled water service and a top of the line filter system.

3. Anyone who even says they or a family member has cancer should be ridiculed and made the object of scorn.

4. As a last resort, anytime anyone makes any allegation, claim or accusation, just point out that 'there is no evidence of that.' Usually that shuts people up.

Remmeber, you get paid the big bucks for a reason. You can look people and cameras in the eye and lie better than just about anyone. And you've perfected that innocent look even when you know you are lying, you look cherubic.

It's too bad the tobacco companies didn't have a friend like RES Publica Group.

Crestwoods money is well spent with you. The residents will never know the truth. That's why I told Bobby "When your lies aren't good enough" you need to call in the professional liars.
Lawsuit

Monee, IL

#32 Apr 24, 2009
I have to admit you are sounding like a “NUT” case. Let’s examine some of your claims shall we.

“1. Anyone who talks about suing should be called greedy. No one deserves compensation for these 'mystery' cancers. Blame it on genetics or something”

Have you proven the “water” has caused any cancer? No. How do you explain the hundreds of thousands of cancer victims throughout the United States that never ever visited Crestwood? That is a tough one isn’t it. Oh I know lets use scare tactics and blame the Crestwood water on everything. There are a lot of long time residents in Crestwood who have no health problems at all. How do you explain that? Who do you blame for their good health? We have to know.

“2. Portray the Stranczeks as victims too. Point out at every turn that they and their families drank the water too. Just don't tell anyone that they had a bottled water service and a top of the line filter system.”

Ok this is probably one of your most unintelligent points of all. How do you know the Stranczek family has bottled water delivered and a “TOP OF THE LINE FILTER SYSTEM”? That is scary. Filter systems are installed inside home. So unless you are a stalker or burglar you would have actually no proof what so ever. I know it is just easy to post it because how many people are going to demand proof from you and further more if it is posted on the internet it has to be true. And if someone were to actually call you out on it you would call them Stranczek or an employee or a member of the PR firm. Because no person in Crestwood would ever ever question one of your posts as having no facts.
“3. Anyone who even says they or a family member has cancer should be ridiculed and made the object of scorn.”

I have had several family members and friends who have died of various forms of cancer from breast to bone to liver just to name a few. Guess what not a one of them has ever lived in Crestwood. How do you explain this mystery?

“4. As a last resort, anytime anyone makes any allegation, claim or accusation, just point out that 'there is no evidence of that.' Usually that shuts people up.”

This statement ranks right up there with being really unintelligent. Please tell me you do not go through life and do not demand proof of statements that are made to you that do not seem right. Please tell me. How do you explain God? Since you never have seen him he must not exist. Or if you don’t believe how do you explain where it all began. Do you believe like some people that 911 was a big government conspiracy? Well do you? How do you explain 911? Some people believe it was a terrorist attack and some believe it was a big government conspiracy. I would hope you would demand proof so you could make and educated decision. Oh who am I kidding? With a person like you it is whoever gets to you first you believe.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#33 Apr 25, 2009
Highly Paid Lobbyists wrote:
From the RES Publica website:
"Whether seeking it, driving it or responding to it, a smart communications
strategy can help you manage your message and deliver success.
Res Publica Group focuses on communication strategies and tools that will
support a business, policy or political goal. We provide clients the advice,
the ideas, the manpower and the access needed to deliver on message,
when and where it is needed."
http://www.respublicagroup.com/index.html
THESE GUYS SPECIALIZE IN MANIPULATING THE MEDIA AND DISTORTING TRUTHS. FOR THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF OUR MONEY THEY WILL ADVOCATE ANY BELIEF.
IF YOU EVER GET CAUGHT POISONING BABIES MAKE SURE YOU CALL DENNIS CULLOTON AT RES PUBLICA.
THEY ARE THE BEST. VERY EXPENSIVE, BUT THE BEST. STRANCZEK IS SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.
I hope for the sake of the Crestwood residents they can not but there way out of it with PR specialist, lawyer speak, and shredding of documents. The thing is unfortunately we have seen it b/4. Time for them to pay the price.
Darn Angry

Tinley Park, IL

#34 Apr 25, 2009
Lawsuit wrote:
I have to admit you are sounding like a “NUT” case. Let’s examine some of your claims shall we.
“1. Anyone who talks about suing should be called greedy. No one deserves compensation for these 'mystery' cancers. Blame it on genetics or something”
Have you proven the “water” has caused any cancer? No. How do you explain the hundreds of thousands of cancer victims throughout the United States that never ever visited Crestwood? That is a tough one isn’t it. Oh I know lets use scare tactics and blame the Crestwood water on everything. There are a lot of long time residents in Crestwood who have no health problems at all. How do you explain that? Who do you blame for their good health? We have to know.
“2. Portray the Stranczeks as victims too. Point out at every turn that they and their families drank the water too. Just don't tell anyone that they had a bottled water service and a top of the line filter system.”
Ok this is probably one of your most unintelligent points of all. How do you know the Stranczek family has bottled water delivered and a “TOP OF THE LINE FILTER SYSTEM”? That is scary. Filter systems are installed inside home. So unless you are a stalker or burglar you would have actually no proof what so ever. I know it is just easy to post it because how many people are going to demand proof from you and further more if it is posted on the internet it has to be true. And if someone were to actually call you out on it you would call them Stranczek or an employee or a member of the PR firm. Because no person in Crestwood would ever ever question one of your posts as having no facts.
“3. Anyone who even says they or a family member has cancer should be ridiculed and made the object of scorn.”
I have had several family members and friends who have died of various forms of cancer from breast to bone to liver just to name a few. Guess what not a one of them has ever lived in Crestwood. How do you explain this mystery?
“4. As a last resort, anytime anyone makes any allegation, claim or accusation, just point out that 'there is no evidence of that.' Usually that shuts people up.”
This statement ranks right up there with being really unintelligent. Please tell me you do not go through life and do not demand proof of statements that are made to you that do not seem right. Please tell me. How do you explain God? Since you never have seen him he must not exist. Or if you don’t believe how do you explain where it all began. Do you believe like some people that 911 was a big government conspiracy? Well do you? How do you explain 911? Some people believe it was a terrorist attack and some believe it was a big government conspiracy. I would hope you would demand proof so you could make and educated decision. Oh who am I kidding? With a person like you it is whoever gets to you first you believe.
I think it was meant to be stupid. You fell for it.
Resident

Chicago, IL

#35 Apr 25, 2009
How can you be forming opinions when you don't even have all the information? People are using this as an opportunity to file suit which is not uncommon in this litigious society we live in. Do you not have anything better to do? How about if you do some research before making accusations - that would make sense to anyone with an ounce of intelligence. Instead of pointing fingers, have you looked in the mirror? How many people are still smoking in Crestwood which may be a reason for cancer instead of the water. Use some common sense people! I suppose we will see what the results are and if the Village is at fault then so be it, but how can you be taking action without appropriate reasearch?
More Than Angry wrote:
"Dennis Colloton, a spokesman for the mayor, referred reporters to Robert Stranczek's recent letter to residents saying the village water never posed any health hazards.
DENNIS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SIT ON THE BOARD AT A PEDIATRIC CANCER CHARITY AND YOU ARE GOING TO DEFEND THIS GUY.
COULDN'T YOU TAKE SOME OTHER WORK?
Hanacek suspects the tainted water may have something to do with his son's cancer , He worries about his two younger sons, 17 and 9, who still spend hours every week on the ice at Southwest Ice Arena.
He's happy to hear about the lawsuit and hopes there may some compensation for his mother's house.
"Somebody should be held accountable for this," he said.
WE'RE GOING TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Get the Facts

Elk Grove Village, IL

#36 Apr 30, 2009
Have you all not figured out that the media SENSATIONALIZES every story to get more viewers? You are acting like a lynch mob going off without even reviewing the facts. There are a lot of people who have cancer from various causes - instead you have all tried and convicted the representatives of the Village of Crestwood without having the simple decency to hear the facts. Your narrow mindedness sickens me. Why don't you find a cause and focus your efforts in a positive way? If there was a problem with the well, the EPA had the responsibility of shutting it down - they didn't. I watched the conference that was held last Saturday and most of you appear to be bitter people just looking for someone to scream at and blame. How quickly you all have forgotten the benefits you have had living in the Village of Crestwood. I'm not calling that a trade off for the potential of harmful water, but your just not looking at the facts first. By the way, how many of you smoke? drink? eat foods that aren't healthy? have cancer in your family history? Perhaps you "perfect people" should look in the mirror first and while your at it, step up to the plate and help instead of harm. Certainly the Village representatives didn't profit from using the well unlike some of the former Illinois officials that you have been drawing comparisons to. I for one, will never watch Channel 2 news again given the bias I have seen in this situation.
Respect

Tinley Park, IL

#37 May 1, 2009
Yeah don't sensationalize it... all they did was lie about using a contaminated well illegally to give us water with carcinogens in it.

What's so big about that?
Home Run

Markham, IL

#38 May 1, 2009
Get the Facts wrote:
Have you all not figured out that the media SENSATIONALIZES every story to get more viewers? You are acting like a lynch mob going off without even reviewing the facts. There are a lot of people who have cancer from various causes - instead you have all tried and convicted the representatives of the Village of Crestwood without having the simple decency to hear the facts. Your narrow mindedness sickens me. Why don't you find a cause and focus your efforts in a positive way? If there was a problem with the well, the EPA had the responsibility of shutting it down - they didn't. I watched the conference that was held last Saturday and most of you appear to be bitter people just looking for someone to scream at and blame. How quickly you all have forgotten the benefits you have had living in the Village of Crestwood. I'm not calling that a trade off for the potential of harmful water, but your just not looking at the facts first. By the way, how many of you smoke? drink? eat foods that aren't healthy? have cancer in your family history? Perhaps you "perfect people" should look in the mirror first and while your at it, step up to the plate and help instead of harm. Certainly the Village representatives didn't profit from using the well unlike some of the former Illinois officials that you have been drawing comparisons to. I for one, will never watch Channel 2 news again given the bias I have seen in this situation.
You hit a home run. The people who refuse to wait and see what the investigaion reveals are the sorry ones. What will happen when the big EPA investigation reveals the water was with in the acceptabe limitis. How fast will all the lawsuit happy people say it is a cover up? When it comes out that is just that I will repost this.
ANGRY CITIZEN

Schiller Park, IL

#39 Jun 18, 2009
DENNIS, YOU REALLY ARE SOMETHING ELSE; YOU ARE SEASONING THE PUBLIC MAKING THEM THINK YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON? COME ON....CRESTWOOD KILLED BABIES, KIDS AND ADULTS AND ARE YOU NUTS FOR BEING HIS SPOKESPERSON? I GUESS IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! WELL I HOPE WHEN YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT THAT YOU PRAY TO GOD THAT HE OPENS THOSE HEAVEN DOORS IF YOU GET THERE?
resident

Midlothian, IL

#40 Jun 18, 2009
angry, what comes around goes around. keep the faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia College Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Howard Reich: Michael Jackson's legend to visit... (May '10) May '10 smilemj 1
News Bahamas National Arts Festival Underway / Baham... (Mar '09) Mar '09 MZ TOOT BOOTY 1
More from around the web