Tamara Dietrich: Campus queens, dress the part

It's shallow of me, but I thought the new homecoming queen at the College of William and Mary would - I don't know - make more of an effort. Full Story
florida peach

Safety Harbor, FL

#1 Oct 28, 2009
Vasold conducted himself with quiet dignity and even courage. It's not his fault that he's being used as a pawn in the left's bid for dominance on campus. There are plenty of more serious venues where the very real issues of the transgendered could have been addressed. This was an opportunity to spit on the alumni's shoes at high noon on Homecoming weekend and see if they'd react. The subdued reaction was the crowd waiting to see if they'd take the bait and boo the hapless (and innocent) Vasold. As with the Wren cross, the issues at hand are secondary to the fun of insulting your perceived enemies and establishing the ascendancy of political correctness. Here's the REAL message: Conservatives, Republicans, Christians and open-minded liberals who will not follow the Party Line 100%, please pack your bags and leave. There's a new sheriff in town and only ONE point of view is now allowed.
PAUL KERSEY

Wichita, KS

#2 Mar 26, 2010
HUH
The Gunny

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Mar 31, 2010
CRAZY what has our world was there not a pretty girl a W&M to fill this slot? W&M showed a lot of class on this one
wzzzzup

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2010
Locals always knew that college was way out there, as me and some of my friends knew it as the college where men are men and sheep are scared:)
JDGrant

Waterford, VA

#5 Aug 17, 2010
You gotta be kidding right? This is as repulsive as queers making out in public. You say you have the right to do as you wish, however regular folks should not have to deal with it. It has been said that if God allows us as a people to continue he would have to apologize to sodom and gomorrah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College of William and Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panel addresses transgender inclusion in Glouce... Dec '14 meh 1
John Elder Robison to teach neurodiversity course (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Truth 1
Transgender Girl Crowned Homecoming Queen at Ca... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Howie 1
Discrimination undermines competitiveness (Aug '13) Aug '13 eJohn 3
Name of the Band from 1996? "The River???" (May '12) Jul '13 joel 2
Vets disability benefits: Law schools curb backlog (May '13) May '13 Lol 4
Mexico welcomes Obama for listening tour (May '13) May '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 1
More from around the web