Large turnout for CSI Asperger's synd...

Large turnout for CSI Asperger's syndrome forum

There are 3 comments on the Staten Island Advance story from Apr 22, 2011, titled Large turnout for CSI Asperger's syndrome forum. In it, Staten Island Advance reports that:

Every seat in the classroom was full and conditions were "standing room only," as over 40 students and faculty members packed one of the many rooms of building 1P of the College of Staten Island on April 6 to learn more about Asperger's syndrome, a neurobiological disorder that falls at the "high end" of the Autistic spectrum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Staten Island Advance.

MARY POPPINS

Flin Flon, Canada

#1 Apr 22, 2011
An event that evades the real issues while attempting to "normalize" asperger's. By normalize I mean make people think its naturally occuring. Its been done before with AIDS, homosexuality, Down syndrome and dozens more. Our society is full of easily duped suckers who'll believe anything, except the truth. They invent little communities like the gay community, and try to explain who they are in normalizing terms, like we're born this way. Anyone who can understand human tendencies can understand our need for normalcy. If its not there logically, we twist it into a definition we can sort of except. The truth however is left in the dust.

Since: Jul 10

Mineola, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2011
The question these people should really be asking themselves is:

"Do I have Aspergers? Or am I really just kind of a d-bag?"

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 22, 2011
"They would make wonderful friends," said Ms. Gallo. "You might be missing out if you don't try to make a friend."

Well said. I would not have better formalized it. We are all different, on the one or the other way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College of Staten Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For some immigrants, an easier path to professi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 tomin cali 1
News Harlem Wizard promotes Saturday basketball game... (Oct '13) Oct '13 amazing 3
News Eric Nelson, Alisha Goldstein (May '09) Jun '12 Stephen 2
News N.J. man cleared of murder, convicted of assaul... (May '12) May '12 Mr Mister E 1
News Kristen Groia, Robert Mastriano are engaged (Jan '11) Jan '11 Turd Ferguson 1
News Ruth Aguilar, Michael Igneri (Mar '10) Dec '10 wtf 8
News More chances to earn a summer diploma (Aug '10) Aug '10 SliceNDice 1
More from around the web