Blacks and Civil War topic for SC dis...

Blacks and Civil War topic for SC discussion

There are 194 comments on the Lake Wylie Pilot story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Blacks and Civil War topic for SC discussion. In it, Lake Wylie Pilot reports that:

African Americans and the Civil War is the topic of the annual meeting of the South Carolina African American Heritage Commission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Wylie Pilot.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Most poor white southerners were poor white trash without a cent to their name. But they were brave proud souls and honorable men and more loyal to their land than any northerner.

Patriots all.
Just Me

Charleston, SC

#3 Jan 30, 2010
I wonder is they will discuss the over 30,000 blacks that fought for the Confederacy? I wonder if they will discuss the black slave owners?
Southern Proud

Lawndale, NC

#4 Jan 30, 2010
The war was about Southern Freedom!!! Damn Yankees envaded us, they were the first terrorist! All the damn yankees wanted was our tax dollars. Many slaves were in New York and are buried there.North and South Carolina will never give in for big crooked yankee government!!!!!Look what a mess our country is in! Secession Now!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#5 Jan 31, 2010
Southern Proud wrote:
The war was about Southern Freedom!!! Damn Yankees envaded us, they were the first terrorist! All the damn yankees wanted was our tax dollars. Many slaves were in New York and are buried there.North and South Carolina will never give in for big crooked yankee government!!!!!Look what a mess our country is in! Secession Now!!!!!!!!!!
Really? Then why is North Carolina looking more and more like Kalifornia every day?

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#6 Jan 31, 2010
Kalifornia?
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#7 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
Kalifornia?
Are you trying to pretend that you have never heard of the People's Republic of Kalifornia?
Doug from the creek

Goose Creek, SC

#8 Feb 1, 2010
South Carolina African American Heritage Commission can hold a meeting about slavery and the Civil war etc.

But if White Americans held a meeting like this talking about great white american heritage there would be an outrage over it.

What is racist to one I guess isn't considered racist to the other.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#9 Feb 1, 2010
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to pretend that you have never heard of the People's Republic of Kalifornia?
Not pretending, Bill.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#10 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>Not pretending, Bill.
It must be that government school "education" of yours then.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#11 Feb 1, 2010
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be that government school "education" of yours then.
Have I done something to you or are you just normally a smartass to people for no reason?

rwwllms

“If you can't be a good example”

Since: Mar 07

be a warning

#12 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
Kalifornia?
Spelling something with a 'K' instead of a 'C' infers that it has something to do with communism or socialism.

So this Bill twit is saying that 'K'alifornia is a communist or socialist state and that North 'K'arolina is becoming one also.

Kinda like how ever since Obama stole the presidency the USA seems to be more and more like a 'USSA'.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#13 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>Have I done something to you or are you just normally a smartass to people for no reason?
No reason? You are the one that has a problem with geography not me.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#14 Feb 1, 2010
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason? You are the one that has a problem with geography not me.
Just so I understand; your 'reason' for being a smartass to me is because I've never seen California spelled with a K? Good reason.

Thanks for the explanation, Ron.

rwwllms

“If you can't be a good example”

Since: Mar 07

be a warning

#15 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>Just so I understand; your 'reason' for being a smartass to me is because I've never seen California spelled with a K? Good reason.
Thanks for the explanation, Ron.
You are quite welcome sir.

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#16 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>Just so I understand; your 'reason' for being a smartass to me is because I've never seen California spelled with a K? Good reason.
Thanks for the explanation, Ron.
Does this mean that I am in Katsgill NY instead of Catskill NY. Just wondering if I should call the post office. that might be why I didn't get my stimulus check last year.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#17 Feb 1, 2010
rwwllms wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling something with a 'K' instead of a 'C' infers that it has something to do with communism or socialism.
So this Bill twit is saying that 'K'alifornia is a communist or socialist state and that North 'K'arolina is becoming one also.
Kinda like how ever since Obama stole the presidency the USA seems to be more and more like a 'USSA'.
Twit? I know not.

Kalifornia is not a socialist or communist state. It is a fascist one just like the federal government.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#18 Feb 1, 2010
tmcnjgirl wrote:
<quoted text> Does this mean that I am in Katsgill NY instead of Catskill NY. Just wondering if I should call the post office. that might be why I didn't get my stimulus check last year.
Guess I'm still from Elgin. As far as I know, it's neither communist, socialist, or fascist.

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#19 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>Guess I'm still from Elgin. As far as I know, it's neither communist, socialist, or fascist.
Does down right freezing cold amount to anything important?

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#20 Feb 1, 2010
tmcnjgirl wrote:
<quoted text> Does down right freezing cold amount to anything important?
I don't know how important it is, but we've had plenty lately.

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#21 Feb 1, 2010
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how important it is, but we've had plenty lately.
So I have seen. We only had one little storm here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College of Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scholars, citing history, warn against Trump Dec '16 True Christian wi... 6
CofC Singers! Join the A Capella Sound of the S... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Palmetto Vocal Pr... 1
News Cruz: Muslim refugees should go to Islamic coun... (Nov '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 244
News Class-action lawsuit claims public colleges dis... (Jun '15) Dec '15 wtcsret 29
News The 2016 election in one word, according to mil... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Synque 6
News Martin Oa Malley racked up $339,200 in loans pu... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 1
Roommate female (May '15) May '15 Lauren 1
More from around the web