Openly gay: Does it affect performanc...

Openly gay: Does it affect performance appraisal?

There are 7 comments on the Science Blog story from May 13, 2013, titled Openly gay: Does it affect performance appraisal?. In it, Science Blog reports that:

Although knowing an actor is gay significantly affected ratings of his masculinity, there was no significant effect on ratings of his acting performance, researchers say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Blog.

Luigi

Italy

#1 May 13, 2013
"Openly gay"?

Why do queers have to be "openly gay"? I thought who you slept with was your business? Why tell the world you take d!cks up the butt?

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#2 May 13, 2013
Luigi wrote:
"Openly gay"?
Why do queers have to be "openly gay"? I thought who you slept with was your business? Why tell the world you take d!cks up the butt?
Just to p*ss people like you off of course.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#3 May 13, 2013
Openly gay actors get lower marks for masculinity? I wonder what the studies have to say about Vin diesel.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5 May 13, 2013
No Queer Employees wrote:
If I had an openly gay employee I wouldn't waste my time conducting a performance evaluation, I'd just fire the queer!!!
What are you afraid of?
No Queer Employees

Alexandria, VA

#7 May 13, 2013
Actually I'd su:ck his d!ck, then fire his a.ss.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 May 13, 2013
Shitty research. "College students." Not a representative sample of general population. Try it with blue collar workers and the result might be different (or maybe not).

Why do sociological studies that have such built in flaws as to render them totally worthless continue to get grant money.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 May 14, 2013
Luigi wrote:
"Openly gay"?
You're the only one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemson University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Racially segregated war-memorial plaques divide... Feb '15 MhRdiman1953 1
News 'Overtly racist' South Carolina exit poll asked... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Susan Cook 6
News Clemson under fire for asking students about se... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Does Not Compute 5
News Earl Grant hired as CofC's new basketball coach (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jocab 1
News Low-cost prosthetics (Jun '14) Jun '14 L Morales 1
News More (May '14) May '14 Marty Baltzegar 1
News 5 Upstate women honored for their impact on com... (Mar '14) Mar '14 carolinejinks 1
More from around the web