Study: Homosexuality, celibacy didn't...

Study: Homosexuality, celibacy didn't cause abuse

There are 332 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from May 18, 2011, titled Study: Homosexuality, celibacy didn't cause abuse. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

WASHINGTON Researchers commissioned by the nation's Roman Catholic bishops to analyze the pattern of clergy sex abuse so dioceses could better identify offenders have concluded that homosexuality, celibacy and an all-male priesthood did not cause the scandal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#328 Jun 24, 2011
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
So you know...it is a joke on the ADVISE...They don't know the difference between ADVICE and ADVISE...nor too, to and two.
Those two there are too far gone to take any advice, and while they're Conscious, they seem to have no Conscience. It's like the old saying you can lead a horse to water, and they have been led.
I guess that we're just going to have to look at where they were and where they are heading and advise them properly.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#329 Jun 25, 2011
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on wot wot thinks at the time.
I'm sure he'll need a full immersion..........
LOL - I we talking about 'Waterboarding'? WOW - How to 'right with the Lord' in the 'orthodox' world.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/water-boardi...

What is water boarding?
by Julia Layton

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#330 Jun 26, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - I we talking about 'Waterboarding'? WOW - How to 'right with the Lord' in the 'orthodox' world.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/water-boardi...
What is water boarding?
by Julia Layton
LOL!
standsforreason

United States

#331 Jun 27, 2011
BS! homosexual priests did cause this problem too. Ever wonder why the majority of them went after young boys? DUH!!

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#332 Jun 27, 2011
standsforreason wrote:
BS! homosexual priests did cause this problem too. Ever wonder why the majority of them went after young boys? DUH!!
Exactly.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#333 Jun 28, 2011
MiddleWay wrote:
Hate is so much easier than Love to someone who thinks Jesus and God live in ink and paper ...
So you've now abandoned the BCP?

The Mountain Empire

#334 Jun 28, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've now abandoned the BCP?
Why did you leave the romans?

Why did you join (uh huh) and then leave TEC?

Try to answer the questions asked you and I MIGHT do the same....

The Mountain Empire

#335 Jun 28, 2011
standsforreason wrote:
As for your flawed rationale that only young men were available to RC priests for sex as they were the only sex eligible for altar service in the 60s and 70s: Consider the case of the (late) Rev. James R. Porter who abused 100 boys and girls throughout the Boston Archdiocese long before altar servers became co-ed.

In any event, the RC church is not a cloister or a prison where the only sexual relations available are same sex relations. Consider the latest case in Darien, CT., where the Rev. Michael Jude Fay stands accused of raiding his church's treasury to support a lavish gay lifestyle with an adult male partner in NYC; neither money or distance posed a problem for this pastor's sexual preference.

I hope that this helps resolve this for you. The Diocese of Bridgeport presented accurate information. In fact, when all victims and all offenders are considered, the most frequent victim is a girl under the age of 14 and the perpetrator is a male-either a member of her biological family or someone she and her family know and trust.

If you have further questions about this matter, please feel free to ask. God bless, Sharon Doty, Consultant to the VIRTUS Program

Courtesy of the flawed rationale of joline......
Harry

Bristow, VA

#337 Jul 27, 2011
How many millions did the Vatican pay to get these results? All this research means NOTHING!!! It is so easy to manipulate data, they could create any result they wanted.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#338 Jul 28, 2011
Harry wrote:
How many millions did the Vatican pay to get these results? All this research means NOTHING!!! It is so easy to manipulate data, they could create any result they wanted.
Harry,

Not nearly as many millions as the RCC is now having to pay out and is simply no longer receiving as a result of the hidden exploitation of children that had been allowed to become entrenched in their "celibate" culture.

RK

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#339 Jul 28, 2011
MiddleWay wrote:
Try to answer the questions asked you and I MIGHT do the same....
Doesn't look like a guarantee to me.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#340 Jul 28, 2011
Harry wrote:
And the result the RCC so desperately wanted was that their pedo priests weren't gay; I believe the church paid $1 million over 10 years to get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

City University of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does Size Matter? The Impact of Penis Size on S... (Jan '13) Aug 1 The Troll Stopper 36
News Greenland meltwater contributes to rising sea l... (Jan '15) Jul '17 Talkin Bout Logic 11
News Racism tied to worse asthma symptoms for black ... Jun '17 The Power Of Mast... 1
News College student beaten and robbed by masked men... Jun '17 TIL about NYC 2
News CCNY-UTEP partner to produce next generation La... May '17 Food farts 4
News Discrimination linked to greater probability of... Apr '17 Spotted Girl 2
News Gay Men Less Likely to Have Safe Sex Now: Survey (Feb '17) Mar '17 Dandy Randy 16
More from around the web