Marriage equality: What's good for gays is gall for the bishops

Jun 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SILive.com

New York's same-sex marriage debate was the toughest test yet for U.S. Roman Catholic bishops and their position that only heterosexuals should wed.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

8

8

4

Here are the ways gays abuse transsexuals:

1. Lying on TSs and calling them a part of the TG community. Unlike TSs, TGs are mostly self-hating gay men who cannot admit they are gay, while a few are self-hating straight men who get off on pretending they are lesbians.

2. Standing in the way of TS rights. When a bill comes up supporting TSs and their rights, homosexual leaders nearly always hijack the legislation and interfere. To gays, only gays deserve rights, and TSs are freaks that need beaten and killed.

3. Calling TSs hypocrites for opposing homosexuality when women born without this birth defect are allowed to do so without such accusations.

4. Going out of the way to call transsexual women male pronouns or transsexual men female pronouns.

5. Co-opting or telling the TS story, when that is ONLY the TS’s right to do. Nearly every “TS” movie is a pack of lies written by gays or lesbians to defame transsexuals and to lump them in with gays, lesbians, feces-eaters, prostitutes, drug users, etc. Trans-America was written by a gay man who wanted to defame transsexuals.

6. Taking over TS organizations. Men who live wrongly as women (TGs) go out of their way to take over TS groups, hijack them, and derail their goals. In the late 60&#8242;s, a group of gays violently took over a TS group.

7. Excluding transsexuals. The Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival has a history of discriminating against even postop transsexuals who are attracted to other women, accusing them of being men or not woman enough.

8. Discrimination and harassment in general against true-transsexuals is more likely to be practiced by gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders (not transsexuals).

9. Gay groups think it is their duty to speak on transsexual issues, when they need to STFU and let ONLY true transsexuals speak for transsexuals.

10. Gay groups often try to interfere with the right of transsexuals to correct their medical condition and to get hormones and surgery. They state publicly that they want all TS teens to be denied medication and to grow up deformed. They get power when people are wrongly lumped with gays and suffer consequences that intended for gays. Denying estrogen to a transsexual girl is a form of child abuse and causes her body to deform into a masculine shape, insuring her a life of discrimination, beatings, rapes, etc., and the gays profit from this and WANT it to happen.

At any rate, ANYONE who fights for gays is inherently fighting AGAINST true-transsexuals, despite transsexualism being a birth defect, and all gay behavior being chosen.

Since: Apr 08

Oakville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Purple Girl -- are you another "Gay Girl in Damascus" i.e. a fake pretending to be what you're not?

Your arguments are nothing more than homophobic trolling designed to create conflicts between GLB and T people where none exists.

The majority of GLB people fully support our T sisters and brothers as we see ourselves as ALL being part of the SAME community. If you are truly dedicated to the T cause, and not just a homophobic troll, then you'd be putting your energy into building community rather than trying to tear it down.
Alot To Do About Nothing

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I'm at a loss why a sacremental church would be so up in arms about changing the civil laws relating to same sex marriage. No one is asking various denominations to change their positions which are varied. Church of Christ, Anglicans, Presybterians and and some Jewish laready perform same sex marriage rites in their communons. And then the Roman Catholics and Mormons do not. Let them decied for themselves how to proceed. But stay out of the civil issues it's a clear seperation of church and state. The government of the US isn't getting involved in cannon law issues. The Roman Catholic should stay out of this discussion. Not all Americans are Catholics and should not be forced to believe a church's position they are not a memeber. It's quite simple really.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The same sex marriage issue in NY should be a wake up call for all U.S. citizens especially those catholic's who say they support equality for the LGBT community. This article and many before it show exactly how anti American the catholic church is and that catholic law in their minds, is the law of the land not the U.S. constitution.

The catholic church has always been a very dangerous entity to humanity and it still remains an entity of discrimination and oppression.

Then to compare the NY marriage bill to how China treats its families is complete hypocrisy. The catholic church is not far off from being exactly what the Chinese communist government is, pure oppression.

Marriage in America has nothing to do with any church and the catholic's do not have control of who can wed and who cannot.

Why would any freedom loving American support such an oppressive entity as the catholic church?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Purple Gurl wrote:
Here are the ways gays abuse transsexuals:
1. Lying on TSs and calling them a part of the TG community. Unlike TSs, TGs are mostly self-hating gay men who cannot admit they are gay, while a few are self-hating straight men who get off on pretending they are lesbians.
2. Standing in the way of TS rights. When a bill comes up supporting TSs and their rights, homosexual leaders nearly always hijack the legislation and interfere. To gays, only gays deserve rights, and TSs are freaks that need beaten and killed.
3. Calling TSs hypocrites for opposing homosexuality when women born without this birth defect are allowed to do so without such accusations.
4. Going out of the way to call transsexual women male pronouns or transsexual men female pronouns.
5. Co-opting or telling the TS story, when that is ONLY the TS’s right to do. Nearly every “TS” movie is a pack of lies written by gays or lesbians to defame transsexuals and to lump them in with gays, lesbians, feces-eaters, prostitutes, drug users, etc. Trans-America was written by a gay man who wanted to defame transsexuals.
6. Taking over TS organizations. Men who live wrongly as women (TGs) go out of their way to take over TS groups, hijack them, and derail their goals. In the late 60&#8242;s, a group of gays violently took over a TS group.
7. Excluding transsexuals. The Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival has a history of discriminating against even postop transsexuals who are attracted to other women, accusing them of being men or not woman enough.
8. Discrimination and harassment in general against true-transsexuals is more likely to be practiced by gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders (not transsexuals).
9. Gay groups think it is their duty to speak on transsexual issues, when they need to STFU and let ONLY true transsexuals speak for transsexuals.
10. Gay groups often try to interfere with the right of transsexuals to correct their medical condition and to get hormones and surgery. They state publicly that they want all TS teens to be denied medication and to grow up deformed. They get power when people are wrongly lumped with gays and suffer consequences that intended for gays. Denying estrogen to a transsexual girl is a form of child abuse and causes her body to deform into a masculine shape, insuring her a life of discrimination, beatings, rapes, etc., and the gays profit from this and WANT it to happen.
At any rate, ANYONE who fights for gays is inherently fighting AGAINST true-transsexuals, despite transsexualism being a birth defect, and all gay behavior being chosen.
I do not know your true intent here but it is offensive to the entire LGBT community. I know there are a very some number of LGB people who have issues with trans people but what you are promoting is simply not true and is promoting more hate. The majority of LGBT people are loving people with what I believe own a greater sense of equality and love your neighbor than most other groups of people.

Your post degrades the entire LGBT community so go some where else and work on repairing your self hate so you too can be a person who has a better sense of equality and love for all others. There are many therapist that would love to help you become a better person for the well being of society.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Alot To Do About Nothing wrote:
I'm at a loss why a sacremental church would be so up in arms about changing the civil laws relating to same sex marriage. No one is asking various denominations to change their positions which are varied. Church of Christ, Anglicans, Presybterians and and some Jewish laready perform same sex marriage rites in their communons. And then the Roman Catholics and Mormons do not. Let them decied for themselves how to proceed. But stay out of the civil issues it's a clear seperation of church and state. The government of the US isn't getting involved in cannon law issues. The Roman Catholic should stay out of this discussion. Not all Americans are Catholics and should not be forced to believe a church's position they are not a memeber. It's quite simple really.
The problem is that the catholic entity still holds the mentality that they are the law. The Roman Catholic entity for more than two thousand years has controlled societies and the laws. They just cannot let go of their power struggle of controlling the world. At one time in American history catholic's had no rights such as owning firearms because people feared the catholic entity. They remembered what the catholic entity did in Europe for centuries. Many people who fled Europe did so to get away from catholic rule and many of their family members had been murdered by the catholic entity.
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Purple Gurl wrote:
Here are the ways gays abuse transsexuals:
1. Lying on TSs and calling them a part of the TG community. Unlike TSs, TGs are mostly self-hating gay men who cannot admit they are gay, while a few are self-hating straight men who get off on pretending they are lesbians.
2. Standing in the way of TS rights. When a bill comes up supporting TSs and their rights, homosexual leaders nearly always hijack the legislation and interfere. To gays, only gays deserve rights, and TSs are freaks that need beaten and killed.
3. Calling TSs hypocrites for opposing homosexuality when women born without this birth defect are allowed to do so without such accusations.
4. Going out of the way to call transsexual women male pronouns or transsexual men female pronouns.
5. Co-opting or telling the TS story, when that is ONLY the TS’s right to do. Nearly every “TS” movie is a pack of lies written by gays or lesbians to defame transsexuals and to lump them in with gays, lesbians, feces-eaters, prostitutes, drug users, etc. Trans-America was written by a gay man who wanted to defame transsexuals.
6. Taking over TS organizations. Men who live wrongly as women (TGs) go out of their way to take over TS groups, hijack them, and derail their goals. In the late 60&#8242;s, a group of gays violently took over a TS group.
7. Excluding transsexuals. The Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival has a history of discriminating against even postop transsexuals who are attracted to other women, accusing them of being men or not woman enough.
8. Discrimination and harassment in general against true-transsexuals is more likely to be practiced by gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders (not transsexuals).
9. Gay groups think it is their duty to speak on transsexual issues, when they need to STFU and let ONLY true transsexuals speak for transsexuals.
10. Gay groups often try to interfere with the right of transsexuals to correct their medical condition and to get hormones and surgery. They state publicly that they want all TS teens to be denied medication and to grow up deformed. They get power when people are wrongly lumped with gays and suffer consequences that intended for gays. Denying estrogen to a transsexual girl is a form of child abuse and causes her body to deform into a masculine shape, insuring her a life of discrimination, beatings, rapes, etc., and the gays profit from this and WANT it to happen.
At any rate, ANYONE who fights for gays is inherently fighting AGAINST true-transsexuals, despite transsexualism being a birth defect, and all gay behavior being chosen.
Well then, Purple Mess, if all gay behavior is chosen, then so is all "trans" behavior. Your points are riddled with inacuracies and outright lies, but I would expect nothing less from a fundie fake like you. Go peddle your hogwash in an appropriate forum.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I am not a catholic
.
Thankfully the law prevents his arrogant un-American fat a$s from forcing me to be one
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

4

2

1

Love that picture of the Arch Bishop that accompanys this article...did they take that picture as he was Sneaking up on a Alter Boy?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Alot To Do About Nothing wrote:
I'm at a loss why a sacremental church would be so up in arms about changing the civil laws relating to same sex marriage. No one is asking various denominations to change their positions which are varied. Church of Christ, Anglicans, Presybterians and and some Jewish laready perform same sex marriage rites in their communons. And then the Roman Catholics and Mormons do not. Let them decied for themselves how to proceed. But stay out of the civil issues it's a clear seperation of church and state. The government of the US isn't getting involved in cannon law issues. The Roman Catholic should stay out of this discussion. Not all Americans are Catholics and should not be forced to believe a church's position they are not a memeber. It's quite simple really.
The bishops are afraid that if gays can marry they're going to lose half their priests!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the catholic entity still holds the mentality that they are the law. The Roman Catholic entity for more than two thousand years has controlled societies and the laws. They just cannot let go of their power struggle of controlling the world. At one time in American history catholic's had no rights such as owning firearms because people feared the catholic entity. They remembered what the catholic entity did in Europe for centuries. Many people who fled Europe did so to get away from catholic rule and many of their family members had been murdered by the catholic entity.
Agreed.

Here's an intersting irony- my great great grandparents fled Germany in 1872 for exactly that reason (to get away from persecution by the catholic church), but once in America their decendents became catholics! So to honor my ancestors, I rejected my catholic upbringing. This is for you Freidrich!!

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Jalene in the wild wrote:
The same sex marriage issue in NY should be a wake up call for all U.S. citizens especially those catholic's who say they support equality for the LGBT community. This article and many before it show exactly how anti American the catholic church is and that catholic law in their minds, is the law of the land not the U.S. constitution.
The catholic church has always been a very dangerous entity to humanity and it still remains an entity of discrimination and oppression.
Then to compare the NY marriage bill to how China treats its families is complete hypocrisy. The catholic church is not far off from being exactly what the Chinese communist government is, pure oppression.
Marriage in America has nothing to do with any church and the catholic's do not have control of who can wed and who cannot.
Why would any freedom loving American support such an oppressive entity as the catholic church?
I agree with you. The Catholic Church is VERY anti-American.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Here's an intersting irony- my great great grandparents fled Germany in 1872 for exactly that reason (to get away from persecution by the catholic church), but once in America their decendents became catholics! So to honor my ancestors, I rejected my catholic upbringing. This is for you Freidrich!!
Very interesting. In the town I grew up in there were three catholic churches, Polish, Bohemian and German. The Pol's and Bohemian catholic's would never step foot in the German catholic church and the German catholic's would not enter the others church. They could not even get along with themselves. I asked many times why it was that way but never received a straight answer, my guess is that no one really knew themselves they just hated each other. Another example of so much hate the catholic entity has promoted for centuries.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. In the town I grew up in there were three catholic churches, Polish, Bohemian and German. The Pol's and Bohemian catholic's would never step foot in the German catholic church and the German catholic's would not enter the others church. They could not even get along with themselves. I asked many times why it was that way but never received a straight answer, my guess is that no one really knew themselves they just hated each other. Another example of so much hate the catholic entity has promoted for centuries.
I saw similar Catholic behavior in southern California. My parents friends were Catholic and they hated to attend church with the Latinos. They opened a new cathedral in another town and the friends wanted to go, but were not in the district or something. They called their original church the "Chili Bean Church" due to the Latinos who attended.

If they look down on other CATHOLICS, then who DO they like? Are we really so shocked then?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your Bohemian, Polish and German scenario has this much in common with most of the objections to same sex marriage: It's a variation on the theme, "We have to do things that way because that's the way it's always been done."

There is a secular counterpart, when Constitutional constructionists raise "The Founding Fathers" to almost deity status. This usually involves a historical revisionism. Case in point, Michele Bachman's belief that the "Fathers" were against slavery.
Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. In the town I grew up in there were three catholic churches, Polish, Bohemian and German. The Pol's and Bohemian catholic's would never step foot in the German catholic church and the German catholic's would not enter the others church. They could not even get along with themselves. I asked many times why it was that way but never received a straight answer, my guess is that no one really knew themselves they just hated each other. Another example of so much hate the catholic entity has promoted for centuries.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 29, 2011
 
SFer wrote:
Your Bohemian, Polish and German scenario has this much in common with most of the objections to same sex marriage: It's a variation on the theme, "We have to do things that way because that's the way it's always been done."
There is a secular counterpart, when Constitutional constructionists raise "The Founding Fathers" to almost deity status. This usually involves a historical revisionism. Case in point, Michele Bachman's belief that the "Fathers" were against slavery.
<quoted text>
They treat history the way they treat the bible. They pick and choose, tinkering with facts to support their agenda. About a 30 second scan of Google would reveal the almost ANTI religion of the founding fathers. if anything was their role, model, it was the Masons. Most of the founders were Deists, who are FAR from Christians.

Or, look to Sarah P's cringe worthy gaffe about Paul Revere. The ONLY thing I will say for Bachmann..and it is the only, when she is told of an error, she at least has the gumption to admit her error. Palin would rather die. Anyway, she is not even that aware of true history and look at the crazy "facts" about Paul Revere she sputtered out like an unprepared student caught in an oral pop quiz.
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 29, 2011
 
NE Jade wrote:
Vote for Michele Bachmann for President in 2012 and we can end this queer marriage BS once and for all.
-NE Jade
You don't have the votes, dipshit.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

NE Jade wrote:
Vote for Michele Bachmann for President in 2012 and we can end this queer marriage BS once and for all.
-NE Jade
The only person dumber than Sarah Palin is Michele Bachmann

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

NE Jade wrote:
Vote for Michele Bachmann for President in 2012 and we can end this queer marriage BS once and for all.
-NE Jade
I fully intend to vote for Bachmann in the 2012 GOP primary, because she can NEVER win the general election!
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Purple Gurl wrote:
Here are the ways gays abuse transsexuals:
1. Lying on TSs and calling them a part of the TG community. Unlike TSs, TGs are mostly self-hating gay men who cannot admit they are gay, while a few are self-hating straight men who get off on pretending they are lesbians.
2. Standing in the way of TS rights. When a bill comes up supporting TSs and their rights, homosexual leaders nearly always hijack the legislation and interfere. To gays, only gays deserve rights, and TSs are freaks that need beaten and killed.
3. Calling TSs hypocrites for opposing homosexuality when women born without this birth defect are allowed to do so without such accusations.
4. Going out of the way to call transsexual women male pronouns or transsexual men female pronouns.
5. Co-opting or telling the TS story, when that is ONLY the TS’s right to do. Nearly every “TS” movie is a pack of lies written by gays or lesbians to defame transsexuals and to lump them in with gays, lesbians, feces-eaters, prostitutes, drug users, etc. Trans-America was written by a gay man who wanted to defame transsexuals.
6. Taking over TS organizations. Men who live wrongly as women (TGs) go out of their way to take over TS groups, hijack them, and derail their goals. In the late 60&#8242;s, a group of gays violently took over a TS group.
7. Excluding transsexuals. The Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival has a history of discriminating against even postop transsexuals who are attracted to other women, accusing them of being men or not woman enough.
8. Discrimination and harassment in general against true-transsexuals is more likely to be practiced by gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders (not transsexuals).
9. Gay groups think it is their duty to speak on transsexual issues, when they need to STFU and let ONLY true transsexuals speak for transsexuals.
10. Gay groups often try to interfere with the right of transsexuals to correct their medical condition and to get hormones and surgery. They state publicly that they want all TS teens to be denied medication and to grow up deformed. They get power when people are wrongly lumped with gays and suffer consequences that intended for gays. Denying estrogen to a transsexual girl is a form of child abuse and causes her body to deform into a masculine shape, insuring her a life of discrimination, beatings, rapes, etc., and the gays profit from this and WANT it to happen.
At any rate, ANYONE who fights for gays is inherently fighting AGAINST true-transsexuals, despite transsexualism being a birth defect, and all gay behavior being chosen.
This looks VERY MUCH like an anti-gay plant and/or trolling.

You guys might as well stop fighting altogether if you DON'T recognize that the anti-gay will stop at *absolutely nothing under the sun* to defeat you. They HAVE NO RULES; to them, the imperative is an absolute and must be achieved *by any means they can find*.

If you cannot recognize this, you are wasting your time. This post appears to be ANTI-GAY, not pro-transsexual. Any so-called "transsexual" who says "gay behavior is chosen" should instantly be dismissed as a troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••