Former - messianic' follower helps - ...

Former - messianic' follower helps - lost' Jews come home

There are 135 comments on the New Jersey Jewish News story from Mar 28, 2011, titled Former - messianic' follower helps - lost' Jews come home. In it, New Jersey Jewish News reports that:

Former messianic Jew and now counter-missionary Jeff Neckonoff said an epiphany brought him back to Judaism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Jersey Jewish News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bruce

AOL

#121 Sep 1, 2011
Yeah, you guys can now rejoice: I plan to take indefinate time away from here. I have not been feeling well lately, and have a chronic headache. The atmosphere here doesn't exactly help, i'm sure. Gonna chill out today and maybe play some guitar or something. Have fun without me and play nice.

Prayerfully,
Bruce

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#122 Sep 1, 2011
Bruce wrote:
SEASIDE: Since when did 'u' ending become feminine??
BRUCE: In looking this over, I got this from some cumulative notes I made over time some years back. I should have quoted the sources when I took the notes. However, now that you've raised a legitimate point, I shall refrain from using those notes in an authoritative manner. I am only sorry this correction came from you instead of a believer. But I will be on my toes more, or try to be.
Prayerfully,
Bruce
I'm a believer - in HaShem, no one else.

Since: May 11

United States

#123 Sep 1, 2011
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a believer - in HaShem, no one else.
. Mazal Tov. And what makes you a believer? Don't you ever question things about hashems way of doing things?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#124 Sep 1, 2011
orthodoxjew wrote:
<quoted text>...Don't you ever question things about hashems way of doing things?
Pretty much every day -- Personally, I think that whole "Free-Will" thing was a phenomenal mistake.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#125 Sep 2, 2011
orthodoxjew wrote:
<quoted text>. Mazal Tov. And what makes you a believer? Don't you ever question things about hashems way of doing things?
"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to eat them, please give me a
sign by doing absolutely nothing. MMMMmmmm..."
- Homer Simpson

United States

#126 Sep 2, 2011
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much every day -- Personally, I think that whole "Free-Will" thing was a phenomenal mistake.
. What do you mean the whole "free will" ?

United States

#127 Sep 2, 2011
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to eat them, please give me a
sign by doing absolutely nothing. MMMMmmmm..."
- Homer Simpson
. Well I'm not so open minded with the outer world, so I don't really know Who Homer Simpson is or was? And I don't understand this quote as I didn't read a part before or after. So please explai n what you meant to reply with to me.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#128 Sep 2, 2011
orthodoxjew wrote:
<quoted text>. Well I'm not so open minded with the outer world, so I don't really know Who Homer Simpson is or was? And I don't understand this quote as I didn't read a part before or after. So please explai n what you meant to reply with to me.
Homer Simpson is a well known deep thinker. Second only, in my opinion to Spinoza and the Rambam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#129 Sep 2, 2011
orthodoxjew wrote:
<quoted text>. What do you mean the whole "free will" ?
Too many tapooakhim, not enough time!

Location hidden

#130 Sep 2, 2011
orthodoxjew wrote:
<quoted text>. Mazal Tov. And what makes you a believer? Don't you ever question things about hashems way of doing things?
Sure - we have a right to question, although I like Lazer Brody's book - Garden of Emunah. Perhaps one day I'll make it to level II. lol.

Location hidden

#131 Sep 2, 2011
Actually it's not 'his' book - it's his translation of Rabbi Shalom Arush's writings.
Bruce

AOL

#132 Sep 3, 2011
BRUCE: In looking this over, I got this from some cumulative notes I made over time some years back. I should have quoted the sources when I took the notes. However, now that you've raised a legitimate point, I shall refrain from using those notes in an authoritative manner. I am only sorry this correction came from you instead of a believer. But I will be on my toes more, or try to be.
Prayerfully,
Bruce

SEASIDE:I'm a believer - in HaShem, no one else.

BRUCE: While I think you probably know what I meant, I could have worded what I meant more accurately and precisely.

Prayerfully,
Bruce

Location hidden

#133 Sep 3, 2011
Bruce wrote:
Prayerfully,
Bruce
SEASIDE:I'm a believer - in HaShem, no one else.
BRUCE: While I think you probably know what I meant, I could have worded what I meant more accurately and precisely.
Prayerfully,
Bruce
"I plan to take indefinate time away from here. I have not been feeling well lately, and have a chronic headache...."

That didn't last long.

Location hidden

#134 Sep 4, 2011
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
"I plan to take indefinate time away from here. I have not been feeling well lately, and have a chronic headache...."
That didn't last long.
Hey Rick - I think he meant you were the chronic headache. LOL

Location hidden

#135 Sep 4, 2011
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rick - I think he meant you were the chronic headache. LOL
Others have claimed the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

City University of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Was the 'big dump' a result of global war... (Feb '11) Tue litesong 11
News Rebuilding black-Jewish relations? (Feb '09) Apr 19 Vivek Golikeri 101
News Watch Entire Footage Of Bernie Sanders' Coney I... Apr 13 Suezanne 1
News For some immigrants, an easier path to professi... Mar '16 tomin cali 1
News Lesbian teens experiment with men, have riskier... Feb '16 Mitt s Baptism of... 9
News Why you need to talk to your lesbian daughter a... Feb '16 Belles Echoes 1
News Study shows lesbian teens have riskier sex, mor... Feb '16 Belles Echoes 1
More from around the web