Greenland ice melt in 2010 more than double average of previous three decades

Jan 21, 2011 Full story: www.heraldsun.com.au 16

GREENLAND'S icesheet, feared as a major driver of rising sea levels, shed a record amount of melted snow and ice in 2010.

Full Story

Since: Nov 10

Monte Vista, Colorado

#1 Jan 21, 2011
More bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Why aren't sea level recording stations like all those run by the US Coast Guard recording even miniscule sea level changes over the past 15 years? Huh? Huh? Huh?
or else

Pacific Palisades, CA

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Well at least Greenland itself will stay above water.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/...

Monte Vista, Colorado

#3 Jan 21, 2011
or else wrote:
Well at least Greenland itself will stay above water.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/...
I used to live in Ojai.
or else

Pacific Palisades, CA

#4 Jan 21, 2011
windypoint wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to live in Ojai.
I live in Ventura. My ISP address keeps jumping around.

Monte Vista, Colorado

#5 Jan 21, 2011
or else wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Ventura. My ISP address keeps jumping around.
Used to live there too. Grew up there in fact. I'm an old Rincon surf bum. My ex owns Latte 101. Drop in for a java some time.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#6 Jan 21, 2011
windypoint wrote:
More bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Why aren't sea level recording stations like all those run by the US Coast Guard recording even miniscule sea level changes over the past 15 years? Huh? Huh? Huh?
i agree, absolutely, global warming is bullshit, if co2 is such a problem and is trapping in more heat and destroying the ozone layer, then how is it that over the billions of years of bushfires, volcanoes and natural chlorine released from the oceans etc has not already destroyed the earth ?

if co2 is trapped in our atmosphere causing problems, then it could only be a recent event, and what has changed in atmosphere to create this problem ?...

its all bullshit of course, and what makes these idiot scientists claim that they can accurately measure ozone ?

ozone is found from 10 thousand feet up, and apparently its only a milimeter thick, so how can they acurately measure it and say there is less ozone ?

if co2 destroys ozone, and the co2 rises up from the whole surface of the earth, then why aren't there any ozone "holes" all around the earth instead of just at the poles ?

(ozone holes are not holes, they are just thinner sections of ozone)

and why are these holes/thinnings sasonal ?

when these thinnings are a worldwide phenomena, that is to say that they occur all around the globe and not just at the poles, and when they happen all year round and are not just a seasonal occurrence, perhaps then these global warming/climate change fuckwits might have a case, but until then, its all bullshit and they have proven nothing, its only an unproven theory...

so where does the co2 go ?

it rises up into the atmosphere, blows up past the ozone layer and eventually disipates into space like it always has done...

because if it didn't, if co2 really was trapped in our atmosphere and causing a global warming and destroying the ozone layer, then this world would have been destroyed billions of years ago, our very own existence itself proves that global warming/greenhouse gas/climate change is bullshit.

and yes, ozone does get destroyed, it always does, but it also replenishes itself, it always has done, and its been happening for billions of years.

Perth, Australia

#7 Jan 21, 2011
correction: ozone can be found from between 10 kilometers and upwards to 50 kilometers...

there is also ozone lower than 10 kilometers, but apparently at that height does nothing to contribute to deflecting ultra violet rays from the sun.
or else

Pacific Palisades, CA

#8 Jan 21, 2011
CO2 dissipates into space? LOL. It's called the carbon cycle, and according to overwhelming scientific belief it has been slowly overloading in the atmosphere since the beginning of the industrial revolution, and is increasingly doing so because of the ever growing use of fossil fuels.

You're just dancin' in the mine field.

Granted 3mm per year of sea level rise doesn't sound like much now, but that too is increasing with rising temperatures. Given another hundred years and we're talking significant change.

Perth, Australia

#9 Jan 21, 2011
or else wrote:
CO2 dissipates into space? LOL. It's called the carbon cycle, and according to overwhelming scientific belief it has been slowly overloading in the atmosphere since the beginning of the industrial revolution, and is increasingly doing so because of the ever growing use of fossil fuels.
Granted 3mm per year of sea level rise doesn't sound like much now, but that too is increasing with rising temperatures. Given another hundred years and we're talking significant change.
bullshit...

and you said... "according to overwhelming scientific belief"...

in other words its what scientists believe, but have NOT proved...

there is not one peice of proof that these alarmists are right, and what little proof they did have turned out to be lies, remember the stolen emails that were published two years ago ?

emails showing that alarmist scientists agreed to tell lies concerning their findings, but you chicken little freaks just love to ignore that kind of thing dont you, as i said, when thinnings in the ozone are an ongoing phenomonom and not just seasonal (seasonal being the thing that is also recognised by your alarmist scientists) and when these holes appear all over the globe and not just at the poles, then maybe you basket cases will have the proof that has eluded you, but until then, your fucking wrong.

Perth, Australia

#10 Jan 21, 2011
by the way, as for the carbon cycle, so what ?

it doesn't disprove that co2 in the atmosphere dissipates into space...

and why do you people always ignore the medieval warming ?

it was much hotter than today, and greenland was called greenland because it was green, vikings lived there, they grew wheat there for fuck sake, but today greenland is an ice block, and thats regardles of the reports of global warming, last year the northern hemisphere had record breaking cold spells, so is it global warming or global cooling, one thing is for sure, your alarmist scientists wouldn't even know if their arses point to the ground or not, let alone know how to provide infallible proof of their unproven theories.

Monte Vista, Colorado

#11 Jan 21, 2011
or else wrote:
You've got the NOAA and/or US Coast Guard sea level monitoring data at hand that substantiates a PERMANENT 3mm rise in sea levels?

Monte Vista, Colorado

#12 Jan 21, 2011
PHIL LINDSAY wrote:
by the way, as for the carbon cycle, so what ?
it doesn't disprove that co2 in the atmosphere dissipates into space...
and why do you people always ignore the medieval warming ?
it was much hotter than today, and greenland was called greenland because it was green, vikings lived there, they grew wheat there for fuck sake, but today greenland is an ice block, and thats regardles of the reports of global warming, last year the northern hemisphere had record breaking cold spells, so is it global warming or global cooling, one thing is for sure, your alarmist scientists wouldn't even know if their arses point to the ground or not, let alone know how to provide infallible proof of their unproven theories.
Ignore that goober from Ojai/Ventura. He's obviously never worn a wetsuit in his entire life. Your first post was great BTW.

What can I say except...follow the money. That's what this colossal scam is all about.

I called Crescent City, California, home base for nearly 8 years while I wandered the West Coast with my motor home and surfboard. It's the furthest north California coastal city before you hit Oregon. Population is around 7000. It has the dubious distinction (because of unique coastal geography) of being the only city in the Lower 48 to be smashed by a tsunami; three in fact, that came in on the same day in 1964. The second wave was a 22 footer, as big as the one that inundated Phuket, Thailand. It wiped out miles of waterfront and took out 26 square blocks of downtown.

11 people died, mainly from stupidity, because the city had a six-hour warning from civil defense workers in Alaska -epicenter of the great 9.0 earthquake- to evacuate. A few chose to stay on their yachts while half a dozen teenagers went back down into town to "watch the waves come in". They got a ringside view of the second tsunami. Their bodies were never found.

As a result of the devastation, the US Coast Guard and US Army Department of Engineers built substantial artificial reefs and breakers out in the bay. The US Coast Guard also built an artificial jetty between Whaler's Island (home to the USCGS Dorado) and the coastline. It's along this 800 meter jetty that water levels are monitored.

As you might understand, people who live there, and people who frequent one of the world's truly spectacular cold-water surfing beaches there, are more than just a little bit concerned that earthquake/tsunami/water levels are monitored assiduously. Geologists have studied evidence of seven tsunami events that've hit Crescent Beach/South Beach over 1000 years. They were all big, the 1700 tsunami causing run-ups in some places along the coast, 500 ft. above sea level.

I left coastal California 20 months ago. Sea levels haven't changed there by a millimeter in a decade. The only tsunamis they've seen lately are the tsunamis of bullshit regarding sea level changes. It's a joke with the surfers. We're all getting a bit tired of this endless farce, however.
Robert

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jan 22, 2011
The Bible (KJV) gives us the truth, time has an end.

(Isaiah 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

(Hebrews 1:10-11) And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

(Isaiah 24:3-5) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

May God bless and have mercy on us.
Aussie

Brunswick, Australia

#15 Jan 22, 2011
Bloody Volcano.
Chicken Little

Melbourne, Australia

#16 Jan 22, 2011
Oh No!
The sky is falling!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2011
Robert wrote:
The Bible (KJV) gives us the truth, time has an end.
(Isaiah 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
(Hebrews 1:10-11) And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
(Isaiah 24:3-5) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0SVrlm4BXFMXX
http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html
May God bless and have mercy on us.
Just take your medication and lie down, you're frothing at the mouth again, oh primitive one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

City College of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study Reveals LGBT Youths Face Greater Cancer R... (Feb '14) Mar '14 dumb it down 4 Dan 23
CCNY Group To Stage Rally, March In Larchmont S... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Khadijah Shakur RN 1
Video: Massive earthquake forms new island off ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 see the light 3
Villages slowly vanish as Hispaniola lakes grow (Apr '13) Apr '13 Molly 1
Extreme melting on greenland ice sheet, team re... (Oct '11) Sep '12 Danish 2
Former Intel chief Andy Grove fights for medica... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Fred 1
Kaku Says Virginia Earthquake Should Be a `Wake... (Aug '11) Aug '11 greg in central va 3
More from around the web