Mom whose toddler died in hot car shares story with Oprah

Sep 30, 2008 Full story: Ohio.com 44

CINCINNATI: A Southwest Ohio mother whose toddler died after being left in a sweltering car will share her story on an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show set to air Wednesday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Warsaw

AOL

#1 Sep 30, 2008
Damn, we cant wait to see how Oprah makes this woman look like she is the victim. As we think a year back how this woman went to a donught shop carried them all into the school and then parked her suv all while her child was in the car and as these women like to say "Oh I forgot" I wonder what kind of room Oprah has set her up in how much money she has given her. Of course as we have seen in Cincinnati this year it is ok for parents to leave their children in a hot car to bake to death in the hot sun. We send so many to prison for various offences but let parents who want to kill babies go free. Someone needs to wake up here.
Gigi

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Sep 30, 2008
I hope that woman doesn't have any more children.

How sad to think she put donuts before the welfare of her own child.
Angry Mother

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2008
I can't believe that Oprah was actually making this killer look like a victim! I'm a mother and I can't believe that she went 8 hours without thinking about her child, not even once the entire day! And Oprah wants to know why other mom's are so critical to other mothers when everyone is just trying to do the best they can, well if that's the best she can do then she doesn't deserve to be a mother. Another thing is why in the hell didn't she take the advice of her friends, and not start it back up again, well I can tell you, all she cared about was a free trip to Chicago and being on TV, well newsflash you physco being on TV for killing your daughter isn't the greatest reason for being on TV. I really felt after watching her interview that she was trying to put the blame on her husband, I can't even believe that man would still be with her after all that. I just can't believe what this world is coming to today, she kills her child and gets away with it!?!?
Anon

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Oct 1, 2008
I can't believe everyone is hating on this woman. She loves donuts and doesn't afraid of anything. The world would be a much better place if everyone were more like this woman.
quinna

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Oct 1, 2008
i just dont understand how you forget even after you went back for donuts. thier isn't a excuse for leaving your child. sorry
Missed opportunity Ohio

AOL

#6 Oct 1, 2008
I was dissapointed that no advice was given as it was years ago when a Medina Ohio man had the same thing happen reguarding his son. Then,(when he appered on Oprah) it was suggested that anyone driving with a baby in the car do something to remind them of that fact..such as a stuffed toy in the passenger seat or better yet, putting their purse or briefcase( something one needs to have with them when they exit the car) in the back seat with the baby. Oprah, you missed a great chance to again educate the viewers ...that is the real tragety here!
Local Person

Freeport, ME

#7 Oct 1, 2008
Operah Windbag is and always was a victim in her own mind even though the beast uses her power to influence events the rest of us can't. She owns a plantation type home in Maui and has "boys" (not black) that work for her for peanuts. If you think she cares about people instead of her AGENDA (me, me, me) you are dreaming.

“Proud momma”

Since: May 07

Sandy, Oregon

#8 Oct 1, 2008
I normally don't watch oprah, but today I did. I cried and cried. I just had twins this January and I know exactly how this woman feels. Its so easy to get carried away in your day to day schedules. Don't get on here and call her a baby killer. She obviously didn't mean to murder her own child. There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so don't get on here and criticize her just so you can feel like a better parent. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't judge.
Angry Mother

United States

#9 Oct 2, 2008
Why is she trying to profit from her child's dealth? First OPRAH, now she will want to write a book, then she'll want to do a movie, I bet they get Paris Hilton to play her part! I wouldn't judge her so much if she wasn't trying to profit from her child's dealth.
Angry Mother

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2008
And let's not forget she openly admitted on OPRAH yesterday that this wasn't her first time leaving her baby in the car, she said she did it all the time! So explain that to me!
Lucas Jackson

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 2, 2008
MandyM wrote:
I normally don't watch oprah, but today I did. I cried and cried. I just had twins this January and I know exactly how this woman feels. Its so easy to get carried away in your day to day schedules. Don't get on here and call her a baby killer. She obviously didn't mean to murder her own child. There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so don't get on here and criticize her just so you can feel like a better parent. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't judge.
Yeah right. How come when a young man loses control of himself, due to a crying baby, and shakes it, he goes to jail?

After all, he didn't MEAN to do it.
Warsaw

AOL

#12 Oct 2, 2008
MandyM wrote:
I normally don't watch oprah, but today I did. I cried and cried. I just had twins this January and I know exactly how this woman feels. Its so easy to get carried away in your day to day schedules. Don't get on here and call her a baby killer. She obviously didn't mean to murder her own child. There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so don't get on here and criticize her just so you can feel like a better parent. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't judge
About a year from now we will be hearing about a woman that forgot her twins to bake in a hot car. People do not "forget" babies in a car.
Lucas Jackson

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 2, 2008
She wanted to be famous.
ksp

Buffalo, NY

#15 Oct 2, 2008
I found it hard to be sympathetic with this woman. The tears were forced. You do not forget your own child. Someone needs to be prosecuted in order for this to stop. I don't mean a 90 day sentence either. I'm talking life.
Whats the difference between someone killing someone accidentaly and this? There is no difference in my opinion.
Warsaw

AOL

#16 Oct 3, 2008
I agree very much, Mothers have found this to be a legal way to kill their children and it will not stop until the laws are changed and these women put behind bars.
Religion is Evil

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Oct 3, 2008
Suppose I forget to look before I change lanes on the interstate, cause a wreck and kill four people. Will the law let me go because I FORGOT!

Maybe I forgot how much I could drink and still drive legally?

I forgot my gun was loaded when I pulled the trigger at a cop?
dale

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Oct 3, 2008
Missed opportunity Ohio wrote:
I was dissapointed that no advice was given as it was years ago when a Medina Ohio man had the same thing happen reguarding his son. Then,(when he appered on Oprah) it was suggested that anyone driving with a baby in the car do something to remind them of that fact..such as a stuffed toy in the passenger seat or better yet, putting their purse or briefcase( something one needs to have with them when they exit the car) in the back seat with the baby. Oprah, you missed a great chance to again educate the viewers ...that is the real tragety here!
actually they talked about doing that....people from the audience were saying what they did
neighbor

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Oct 3, 2008
this lady is not in the least bit sorry for what she did....i live in the same area and the day of cecelias funeral, brenda was running around the yard playing with her other daughter...never once showed any kind of remorse....
Warsaw

AOL

#21 Oct 3, 2008
I bet Brenda made pretty good money from Oprah for being on her show. She is nothing but a baby killer.
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Oct 3, 2008
how stupid can a mother be? how the hell can you forget your child is in the car for 8 hours! her ass needs to be in jail. I dont feel sorry for her at all. I feel sorry for the child that had to suffer that horrific death. it breaks my heart to even hear this sh*t , it pisses me off to no end how people could be this stupid. Imagine how that baby suffered!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Christian University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Job: Need Safe Place to live in cincy... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dundermifflin99 1
Author, dad of (almost) 4 excited about church'... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Hassan al Madji 6
John D. Heflin (Dec '10) Dec '10 Charlie 1
CFO of Christian University Arrested in Gay Sex... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Yobyag 84
Prosecutor says mom didn't intend baby to die i... (Sep '08) Oct '08 choo choo bear 6
No Charges Against Mother Who Left Baby In Hot Car (Sep '08) Oct '08 choo choo bear 2
Mother who left her baby in a van will not be c... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sme 2
More from around the web