Atheist Groups Increase on School Campuses

Sep 21, 2009 Full story: www.christianpost.com 600

Atheist and religious skeptic student groups are on the rise across the country's high school and college campuses.

Read more
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2009
More Americans are claiming no religion and many have taken on more outspoken and public campaigns. According to the 2008 American Religious Identification Survey, 15 percent of Americans are part of the non-religious population, or "nones," up from 8.2 percent in 1990
It's nice to see some good news for a change.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2 Sep 22, 2009
Atheism is growing. Those hostile to God are on the increase. There is no doubt about that. But what does this mean?

What I see from this forum is atheists are angry people. They are angry and bitter. Bringing people down to exalt themselves. The atheist posts on here seethe with hatred of Christianity, not merely rejection of its arguments.

Christians are by far the best and nicest people I know. Despite this Christians find themselves on a relentless torrent of unpleasant posts. Mocking God and bashing Christian beliefs.

What I find most surprising is how anyone can be so nasty to people whose basic beliefs are to love God and love your neighbour. Christians are humble people. The Christian belief system has beneficial consequences. Christianity makes people kinder, more loving, more generous and more compassionate. It makes people happy. It brings people peace. Itís a sad state of affairs when you feel the need to spend your spare time trashing other peoples beliefs. Peace

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 22, 2009
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to see some good news for a change.
Liam, you're heading away from the Heaven that Jesus had promised. More children are rebellious towards their parents and prefer no God in their life. No God is devil, the opposite of God.

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 Sep 22, 2009
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam, you're heading away from the Heaven that Jesus had promised. More children are rebellious towards their parents and prefer no God in their life. No God is devil, the opposite of God.
Atheists don't believe in 'god' or the 'devil'.
Thinking

Wickford, UK

#6 Sep 22, 2009
You're playing the "christian as victim" card again.
Adam wrote:
Atheism is growing. Those hostile to God are on the increase. There is no doubt about that. But what does this mean?
What I see from this forum is atheists are angry people. They are angry and bitter. Bringing people down to exalt themselves. The atheist posts on here seethe with hatred of Christianity, not merely rejection of its arguments.
Christians are by far the best and nicest people I know. Despite this Christians find themselves on a relentless torrent of unpleasant posts. Mocking God and bashing Christian beliefs.
What I find most surprising is how anyone can be so nasty to people whose basic beliefs are to love God and love your neighbour. Christians are humble people. The Christian belief system has beneficial consequences. Christianity makes people kinder, more loving, more generous and more compassionate. It makes people happy. It brings people peace. Itís a sad state of affairs when you feel the need to spend your spare time trashing other peoples beliefs. Peace

Location hidden

#7 Sep 22, 2009
Belief in superstitious nonsense is growing. Those hostile to intelligence and a good education are on the increase. There is no doubt about that. But what does this mean? What I see from this forum is Christians are angry people. They are angry and bitter. Bringing people down to their level of poor education. The Christian posts on here seethe with hatred of Atheism, not merely rejection of its arguments. Atheists are by far the best and nicest people I know. Despite this Atheists find themselves on a relentless torrent of unpleasant posts. Mocking rationality and bashing education. What I find most surprising is how anyone can be so nasty to people whose basic beliefs are based on reason, intelligence and education. Atheists are rational people. An Atheistic worldview has beneficial consequences. It frees people from the restraint of superstitious belief and enables them to understand the world and themselves using a rational, empirical evidence based approach rather than magic, dogma and hearsay. Itís a sad state of affairs when you feel the need to spend your spare time trashing other peoples beliefs. May the force be with you,
Carrot_Stick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Sep 22, 2009
Adam wrote:
Itís a sad state of affairs when you feel the need to spend your spare time trashing other peoples beliefs.
Does it ever bother you that the bible is full of just exactly that?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9 Sep 22, 2009
Things are looking up, getting better and better every day

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 22, 2009
A direct result of the liberalism that has spread through our education system and infected our children. My oldest child say right through it. My youngest child rebels at everything and on some levels believes some of the ignorant arguments heard here.
Missionary Man

Shelby, OH

#11 Sep 22, 2009
Adam wrote:
Hi Adam, First I want to say that I too am a Christian. From my view point your post seems true in most of the conversations I have had with Atheists. But I have also seen some foul-mouthed unforgiving Christians as well.

I think perhaps the atheist have a reason for their anger. But the true born-again Christians have no reason to show their hostility. As a pastor, I learned quickly that those who are hurting on the inside tend to lash out at all those around them. Those who have been hurt by the church tend to lash out at Christians the most.

The truth is Christians have hope and Atheists do not. We have hope in Jesus Christ. Our hope is in eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God. Our hope is eternal. Our hope is permanent. Our hope is forever. We have hope in our distress. We have hope in our time of need and in our plenty. We have hope in an abundant life. We have hope in our times of trouble. We have hope in eternal life. No matter what life throws our way, rather it is fires, cancer, diseases, loss of job, broken hearts, or whatever, we still have hope.

Imagine now being an atheist and living a life of hopelessness. There hope is in their money which will soon perish or it will be inherited by someone who didn't earn it. There hope is in Government. Imagine that! There hope is only in this lifetime. There hope is temporary. Reality is, there hope is futile. The truth is these are a hurting and hopeless people although they won't admit it. Our job is simply to be God's messenger and share our faith. Deliver the Word and allow the Holy Spirit to do His job. If they continually choose to reject God, it is there choice. In Mark 6:11 Jesus said, "...if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them." At some point, it's time to move on. Know when that time is. There are millions of people in the world who sincerely want to know who Jesus really is. It is these we should focus on. While we spend hour after hour after hour witnessing to an atheist who really doesn't want to know God, we could be leading the masses to Christ who sincerely want to know Him.

Blessings,
Missionary Man
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12 Sep 22, 2009
Roland_Deschain wrote:
Belief in superstitious nonsense is growing....
Hi RD - We shall agree to disagree. Peace
Carrot_Stick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Sep 22, 2009
Missionary Man wrote:
The truth is Christians have hope and Atheists do not. <bashing snipped>
Why bash the beliefs of others MM?

Location hidden

#14 Sep 22, 2009
Carrot_Stick wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot, kettle.
Skeptical

Townsend, DE

#15 Sep 22, 2009
Adam wrote:
Atheism is growing. Those hostile to God are on the increase.
See this is one of the problems I have with Christianity. You portray the bloodthirsty arrogant murderer of the Old Testament as some type of helpless victim.
Fundamentalist Christians do the same thing when they condemn others to hellfire for not submitting to their beliefs.
Christians are by far the best and nicest people I know.
I think there's plenty of evidence that suggests otherwise.
Despite this Christians find themselves on a relentless torrent of unpleasant posts. Mocking God and bashing Christian beliefs.
Marching down streets saying "God hates f*gs", donating money to have gay couples' legal rights taken away, condemning even their counterparts of other denominations whose beliefs differ only slightly to eternal hellfire, I wouldn't say Christianity isn't all peachy love and kindness. I'm not an atheist and I don't think Christians are bad people (most of them at least), but there is a dark side to the religion.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 22, 2009
Roland_Deschain wrote:
Belief in superstitious nonsense is growing. Those hostile to intelligence and a good education are on the increase. There is no doubt about that. But what does this mean? What I see from this forum is Christians are angry people. They are angry and bitter.
Which is why atheists go in to Christian forums to mock and insult them?
Roland_Deschain wrote:
Bringing people down to their level of poor education.

I will advise the Christian educators and professors I know.
Roland_Deschain wrote:
Itís a sad state of affairs when you feel the need to spend your spare time trashing other peoples beliefs. May the force be with you,
Oh I got it. This was all sarcasm.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why atheists go in to Christian forums to mock and insult them?
<quoted text>
I will advise the Christian educators and professors I know.
<quoted text>Oh I got it. This was all sarcasm.
Lol, it's one of the 'loving' Christians Adam was talking about.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

#18 Sep 22, 2009
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't believe in 'god' or the 'devil'.
From my personal understanding, the atheists believe in 'no God' who is also their 'god'.
Missionary Man

Shelby, OH

#19 Sep 22, 2009
Carrot_Stick wrote:
<quoted text>
I bashed no one CS. How is this bashing??

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 22, 2009
Reason Personified wrote:
Things are looking up, getting better and better every day
I wonder how no God is getting better each day.
Missionary Man

Shelby, OH

#21 Sep 22, 2009
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
From my personal understanding, the atheists believe in 'no God' who is also their 'god'.
Agree, and they're very religious about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Michigan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Educators Connect Conference to feature innovat... Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Flappy Bird: The massive rise, sudden fall of a... (Feb '14) Jan '15 jamie99 2
News Support Van Alst for 84th District Judge Nov '14 Dave Maes 1
News Rhyme Time Oct '14 brandy t 4
News CMU's plans to become tobacco-free take effect (Jul '14) Jul '14 Schmones 1
News Westboro Church members to protest at funeral o... (Aug '12) Mar '14 Alice 12
ann skufca (Feb '14) Feb '14 looking for 1
More from around the web