Police Training Academy Graduates Six...

Police Training Academy Graduates Sixth Class

There are 7 comments on the Utica Daily News story from Jun 9, 2010, titled Police Training Academy Graduates Sixth Class. In it, Utica Daily News reports that:

Cazenovia College's Phase I Pre-employment Police Training Academy has graduated its sixth class of future law enforcement officers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Utica Daily News.

so what

Rome, NY

#1 Jun 10, 2010
who cares...aleady got more than needed. Keep this up and Dunkin donuts will replace normal convenience stores.
Dick Trickle

West Leyden, NY

#2 Jun 10, 2010
We need a Tim Hortons in this area.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 10, 2010
Its not the donuts it the coffee fuktards. If you had to stay up all night patrolling shiteholes with no peices of a$$ to keep you company you'd be all over the coffee too.
UPD cops are rude

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 13, 2010
YOUFAILATLIFE76 wrote:
Its not the donuts it the coffee fuktards. If you had to stay up all night patrolling shiteholes with no peices of a$$ to keep you company you'd be all over the coffee too.
its not the coffee, its the free ride. I work at McDonald's and i spend my morning giving free food and coffee to UPD officers who are rude and act as if they're doing me a favor by coming for their free food everyday. With a 30k to start salary i think you can afford to buy your food. If you intend to keep taking the free food show some respect please!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 13, 2010
UPD cops are rude wrote:
<quoted text>its not the coffee, its the free ride. I work at McDonald's and i spend my morning giving free food and coffee to UPD officers who are rude and act as if they're doing me a favor by coming for their free food everyday. With a 30k to start salary i think you can afford to buy your food. If you intend to keep taking the free food show some respect please!
Free food and coffee has been given to law enforcement since back in the midevel times. This courtesy comes with the expectation that the owner of the establishment can be secure in knowing thier stuff is being watch and will ensure a quick response if something does go down.
Think about it

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jun 13, 2010
YOUFAILATLIFE76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Free food and coffee has been given to law enforcement since back in the midevel times. This courtesy comes with the expectation that the owner of the establishment can be secure in knowing thier stuff is being watch and will ensure a quick response if something does go down.
It's medieval. At any rate I would agree, however times have changed. If you think the police keep a closer eye on Dunkin Donuts than they do anything else you would be sadly mistaken.
I also don't find the logic in giving cops free food but not giving it to doctors, nurses, EMTs, soldiers etc. Which would you rather have, a heartbeat or a speeding ticket? Don't appreciate being free enough to float a soldier a cup of Joe? In addition cops are some of the highest wage earners locally. Do you really need to give coffee to guys who average $50,000 on a local level and $85,000 for State Troopers?!? I think they can swing the buck. If you are going to give coffee to them you may as well give it to EVERYONE who is gainfully employed.
UPD cops are rude

Rome, NY

#7 Jun 15, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
It's medieval. At any rate I would agree, however times have changed. If you think the police keep a closer eye on Dunkin Donuts than they do anything else you would be sadly mistaken.
I also don't find the logic in giving cops free food but not giving it to doctors, nurses, EMTs, soldiers etc. Which would you rather have, a heartbeat or a speeding ticket? Don't appreciate being free enough to float a soldier a cup of Joe? In addition cops are some of the highest wage earners locally. Do you really need to give coffee to guys who average $50,000 on a local level and $85,000 for State Troopers?!? I think they can swing the buck. If you are going to give coffee to them you may as well give it to EVERYONE who is gainfully employed.
They get free food and coffee. I don't mind giving them the free coffee though they make 4 times what i make. I just wish they weren't so rude to me when i give it to them. BTW, if you asked for cream or sugar and didn't get enough just ask for more, don't be such a jerk about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
studio 12 c (Apr '13) Apr '13 track 1
News Delusions Of Gender: Men's Insecurities May Lea... (Dec '12) Dec '12 STEPHMAR 1
News Brooks leaving Saint James for college job (Jan '11) Jan '11 Sports fan 1
News 'Charlie Brown' performances continue this weekend (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jean shepard 1
More from around the web