Countering atheist arguments

Apr 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Mano Singham's Web Journal

Thoughts on science, history and philosophy of science, atheism, religion, politics, the media, education, learning, books, films, and other fun stuff.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2011

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

ROTFLMFAO!!! What an idiot! He's actually using the Ray Comfort "Banana" argument! This guy would lose an argument with belly button lint!!
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

since athiesm doesn't have any arguements

I have no idea how anyone can think they can counter them

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

TerryL wrote:
ROTFLMFAO!!! What an idiot! He's actually using the Ray Comfort "Banana" argument! This guy would lose an argument with belly button lint!!
A mighty fine example of Poe's Law.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

TerryL wrote:
I love Edward Currents SATIRE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Edward Currents SATIRE.
Yeah.... I admit I missed that when I first watched it. But, upon further review... and perusing some of his other work , I found out that my first impression was a bit off! LOL!
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

there's no such thing as an atheist argument

there's an athiest moment when you reject religion

and then the athiesm is over

now you're something else

a humanist or a naturalist

religion is out of contention and the absence of it is not a defining characteristic of yourself

which is defined as what you positively are

athiest is just a label to identify a position in relationship to religion - it has no meaning anywhere else.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... I admit I missed that when I first watched it. But, upon further review... and perusing some of his other work , I found out that my first impression was a bit off! LOL!
Did you catch the his video on his Christian cat? if not look for it, it's hilarious.

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Hilarious!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you catch the his video on his Christian cat? if not look for it, it's hilarious.
No... I'll check it out, thanks

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Any argument for a magic sky daddy will always come back as a logical fallacy. because it's a castle made of sand from primitive goad herdering cave dwellers.
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

mazipam wrote:
Any argument for a magic sky daddy will always come back as a logical fallacy. because it's a castle made of sand from primitive goad herdering cave dwellers.
So mocking people's beliefs and calling them names is helpful how? Obviously I'm not a very good atheist since I do neither.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

lazy atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
So mocking people's beliefs and calling them names is helpful how? Obviously I'm not a very good atheist since I do neither.
It is important to mock beleifs that are ridiculous to take away the special status that people afford them

beleifs are not deserving of respect, only people are

but respect is earned and not bestowed

so, if people don't want to have their beliefs made fun of, then they shouldn't cling so hard to funny beleifs

mocking is the ungentle way to remind people that the belief isn't special or deserving of special consideration

and if they want to be treated with respect, then they have to stop being uptight and moronic children

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... I admit I missed that when I first watched it. But, upon further review... and perusing some of his other work , I found out that my first impression was a bit off! LOL!
It's frightening when you can't tell this kind of satire from "true" Christians' typical bs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Case Western Reserve University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Treatment Shows Promise for Premature Ejaculation (Dec '11) Aug 17 Jack 17
Naked Truth: Why Women Shrug Off Lousy Sex (Oct '10) Jun '14 Anatoly 22
Erie County church examining perspective on hea... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mark Twain 1
Climate Change and Property Rights (Sep '13) Sep '13 LessHypeMoreFact 1
Christian evangelical university in Rocklin to ... (Mar '13) May '13 thewordofme 19
Vitamin E identified as potential weapon agains... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Deb 2
Union officials, board president to discuss ove... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Abe 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Case Western Reserve University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••