Fears of religious vandalism limit free speech

There are 20 comments on the Mano Singham's Web Journal story from Jun 24, 2011, titled Fears of religious vandalism limit free speech. In it, Mano Singham's Web Journal reports that:

Thoughts on science, history and philosophy of science, atheism, religion, politics, the media, education, learning, books, films, and other fun stuff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mano Singham's Web Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#1 Jun 26, 2011
It's not "vandalism" it's christian terrorism.

There is no difference between christians destroying of atheist signs in Arkansas and the taliban blowing up buddhist statues in Afghanistan. Both were done for the same reasons by the same sort of people.

And as for blaming atheists by charging them more money for insurance, that's exactly the same things done to blacks in the US. People falsely claimed that "blacks lower property values" as an excuse for running them out of neighborhoods. And insurance companies and banks often charge blacks higher insurance rates or interest rates by using phony statistics about "life expectancy" and "risk".

Both are bullshit arguments use to discriminate, attack and exclude certain people from legal protection and social acceptance.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 26, 2011
P_Smith wrote:
It's not "vandalism" it's christian terrorism.
There is no difference between christians destroying of atheist signs in Arkansas and the taliban blowing up buddhist statues in Afghanistan. Both were done for the same reasons by the same sort of people.
And as for blaming atheists by charging them more money for insurance, that's exactly the same things done to blacks in the US. People falsely claimed that "blacks lower property values" as an excuse for running them out of neighborhoods. And insurance companies and banks often charge blacks higher insurance rates or interest rates by using phony statistics about "life expectancy" and "risk".
Both are bullshit arguments use to discriminate, attack and exclude certain people from legal protection and social acceptance.
mark my words, within ten years, we're going to expose these c*nts.
True witness

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2011
A true Christian would not be involved in vandalism, rioting or fighting against anyone, especially in wars.
Micah 4:3

The governments or kingdoms of the earth are responsible for wars, and religion blesses war and condones the killing of enemies.
Revelation 18:24 and verse 4

Where Jesus said to love your fellowman and do go to your enemies. Romans 12:17-21

The sovereign governments are the symbolic beasts of the Bible, and all men are compelled to worship them, for they are the kingdoms of Satan the Devil. Daniel 2:44
Revelation 13

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 26, 2011
True witness wrote:
A true Christian would not be involved in vandalism, rioting or fighting against anyone, especially in wars.
Micah 4:3
The governments or kingdoms of the earth are responsible for wars, and religion blesses war and condones the killing of enemies.
Revelation 18:24 and verse 4
Where Jesus said to love your fellowman and do go to your enemies. Romans 12:17-21
The sovereign governments are the symbolic beasts of the Bible, and all men are compelled to worship them, for they are the kingdoms of Satan the Devil. Daniel 2:44
Revelation 13
Question? What's the difference between a true christian and a fake christian?

Answer: Absolutely nothing.
True witness

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2011
In the first century, to claim or profess to be a Christian was to admit you believe and have faith in Jesus, that he was the anointed Messiah to the nation of Israel, and he would rule and reign as King in heaven, over the earth. John 18:36

Today to claim or profess you are a Christian is to believe and have faith in God through your religion, and what it teaches to be truth. Christendom religions has set doctrines that are manditory to believe, and are not based on Scripture. Matthew 15:9

A true Christian today is a person who lives by holy spirit to accomplish God's will in his life.
A true Christian is to be a peacemaker and to love his fellowman and do good to his enemies.
Matthew 7:21

A true Christian is a preacher and teacher of God's word in obedience to Jesus. Matthew 28:20
He is also an imitator of Jesus and the apostles. To be no part of this wicked world and he would prove his faith by his love and conduct.
lulz

San Diego, CA

#6 Jun 26, 2011
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>mark my words, within ten years, we're going to expose these c*nts.
"Were" who are you talking about

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7 Jun 26, 2011
True witness wrote:
In the first century, to claim or profess to be a Christian was to admit you believe and have faith in Jesus, that he was the anointed Messiah to the nation of Israel, and he would rule and reign as King in heaven, over the earth. John 18:36
Today to claim or profess you are a Christian is to believe and have faith in God through your religion, and what it teaches to be truth. Christendom religions has set doctrines that are manditory to believe, and are not based on Scripture. Matthew 15:9
A true Christian today is a person who lives by holy spirit to accomplish God's will in his life.
A true Christian is to be a peacemaker and to love his fellowman and do good to his enemies.
Matthew 7:21
A true Christian is a preacher and teacher of God's word in obedience to Jesus. Matthew 28:20
He is also an imitator of Jesus and the apostles. To be no part of this wicked world and he would prove his faith by his love and conduct.
Claims made without establishing credibility.

First?

You must prove your god is real.

Until you do?

The default state is that christianity is 100% false.

It is up to YOU to prove different.

Begin.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jun 26, 2011
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually Educated Tw_at and I post through multiple accounts on this forum because people have started to ignore me.

The reason is because whenever I lose an argument, I resort to calling the person who made me look stupid, a child molestor, hitler, stalin, democrat or a liberal.

This is because I am a spineless douchebag creationist.
yeah, we know.
lulz

San Diego, CA

#9 Jun 26, 2011
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Claims made without establishing credibility.

First?

You must prove your god is real.

Until you do?

The default state is that christianity is 100% false.

It is up to YOU to prove different.

Begin.
No that is a logical fallacy

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10 Jun 26, 2011
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is a logical fallacy
big words from the creationist.
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually Educated Tw_at and I post through multiple accounts on this forum because people have started to ignore me.

The reason is because whenever I lose an argument, I resort to calling the person who made me look stupid, a child molestor, hitler, stalin, democrat or a liberal.

This is because I am a spineless douchebag creationist.
gary

Fuzhou, China

#11 Jun 26, 2011
7 Tips to Buy Wedding Dress And Prom dress Online
Tip 1Browse more stores and then decide one.
Tip 2 Choose bride gowns in chosen stores.
Tip 3 Choose reliable online stores.
Tip 4 Pay attention to sizes and colors.
Tip 5 Collect basic wedding dress knowledge.
Tip 6 More communication with the sellers.
Tip 7 Secure payments.
If you want to view the detail about the seven tips, you can google spel wedding dress

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12 Jun 26, 2011
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is a logical fallacy
This is not a proof your god is real.

The DEFAULT state, that Christianity is 100% false, stands uncontested.
lulz

San Diego, CA

#13 Jun 26, 2011
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>This is not a proof your god is real.

The DEFAULT state, that Christianity is 100% false, stands uncontested.
No,that is a logicAl fallacy

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#14 Jun 26, 2011
If you want to see a christian turn into a muslim, just put him in a room full of atheists
lulz

San Diego, CA

#15 Jun 26, 2011
madscot wrote:
If you want to see a christian turn into a muslim, just put him in a room full of atheists
?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#16 Jun 27, 2011

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17 Jun 27, 2011
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually Educated Tw_at and I post through multiple accounts on this forum because people have started to ignore me.

The reason is because whenever I lose an argument, I resort to calling the person who made me look stupid, a child molestor, hitler, stalin, democrat or a liberal.

This is because I am a spineless douchebag creationist.
I could do this all day. Oh wait, I do!!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#18 Jun 27, 2011
True witness wrote:
In the first century, to claim or profess to be a Christian was to admit you believe and have faith in Jesus, that he was the anointed Messiah to the nation of Israel, and he would rule and reign as King in heaven, over the earth. John 18:36
Today to claim or profess you are a Christian is to believe and have faith in God through your religion, and what it teaches to be truth. Christendom religions has set doctrines that are manditory to believe, and are not based on Scripture. Matthew 15:9
A true Christian today is a person who lives by holy spirit to accomplish God's will in his life.
A true Christian is to be a peacemaker and to love his fellowman and do good to his enemies.
Matthew 7:21
A true Christian is a preacher and teacher of God's word in obedience to Jesus. Matthew 28:20
He is also an imitator of Jesus and the apostles. To be no part of this wicked world and he would prove his faith by his love and conduct.
Well, the people that do these kinds of actions consider themselves to be True Christians(tm).

That's the problem of trying to define "True Christian". Everybody's definition is different.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#19 Jun 27, 2011
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the people that do these kinds of actions consider themselves to be True Christians(tm).
That's the problem of trying to define "True Christian". Everybody's definition is different.
And the religitards don't like mine either:

{{{A christian is anyone who claims to follow feces christ.}}}

They don't like it because it's accurate, it's factual, and it acknowledges that everyone who believes is a christian from Martin Luther King Jr. on the sane end to Adolf Hitler and the KKK on the other.

.
True witness

United States

#20 Jun 27, 2011
A true Christian today is a person who lives by holy spirit to accomplish God's will in his life.

(Galatians 5:16-18) 16 But I say, Keep walking by spirit and YOU will carry out no fleshly desire at all. 17 For the flesh is against the spirit in its desire, and the spirit against the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, so that the very things that YOU would like to do YOU do not do. 18 Furthermore, if YOU are being led by spirit, YOU are not under law.

Just trying to apply the fruits of God's spirit in your life will make you happy for doing it.

(Galatians 5:22-24) 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Case Western Reserve University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buckley helping lead international schizophreni... Apr 27 HumanSpirit 1
News Anti-herpes drug may help control HIV, NIH stud... Apr 26 HDatingSites 10
News African-American cancer patients' depression sy... Apr '15 31 years an RN 2
News Oral pain specialists treat complex health issu... Apr '15 johnnyshi2001 1
News Asking the right questions of religious believers (Mar '11) Mar '15 thetruth 451
News Treatment Shows Promise for Premature Ejaculation (Dec '11) Dec '14 Ron 19
News Step toward artificial hand with a sense of touch (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web