Palin Got $75KTo Speak At Calif. Univ...

Palin Got $75KTo Speak At Calif. University

There are 2 comments on the Local6 story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Palin Got $75KTo Speak At Calif. University. In it, Local6 reports that:

The foundation arm of a cash-strapped California public university paid Sarah Palin $75,000 to speak at a 50th anniversary gala, officials said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Local6.

Lomita local

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2010
Worth every penny of it. I would rather see it go to her than to someone, or someplace thats hates us like Messeeco. I would pay her 100.00 for one of those autographed pictures of her in that red/wht/+blue bikini...
CA citizen

Glendora, CA

#2 Jul 16, 2010
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would really be interested if there was a way to determine just how much money would have been raised if Sarah Palin was not the featured guest speaker. If the majority of the donations can be attributed to her appearance, it seems to me like it was $75k very well spent, although I don't how how anyone can justify receiving that much money (see what Bill Clinton makes for speaking engagements) just for giving a speech. It's not as if they are "teaching" people how to be rich like them.

Anyway, if that is indeed the case, the detractors just make themselves look petty and very, very partisan; and do not consider what is best for their place of higher learning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cal State Stanislaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turlock farmers market kicks off (May '13) May '13 Riverbank resident 4
News Dr. Merle: CSUB gives Haggard, Owens top honors (Mar '13) Mar '13 the ocean poet- b... 1
News Serna Jr. Charter student takes second in state... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kharis Powell 1
News Reaction in Modesto to teacher-student relation... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jay Leno 1
News Illegal immigration back door (Dec '10) Dec '10 AmberDru 6
News Sarah Palin Speech Contract Revealed (Aug '10) Nov '10 x0x0x 27
News Sarah Palin's speaking contract revealed (Aug '10) Aug '10 Oh My 14
More from around the web