Latino college students in Long Beach...

Latino college students in Long Beach struggle to graduate in college graduation struggle

There are 24 comments on the Press-Telegram story from May 6, 2012, titled Latino college students in Long Beach struggle to graduate in college graduation struggle. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Gerardo Raya enrolled in college in 2008 with the hopes of graduating in four years and scoring a job as an animator or illustrator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#21 May 15, 2012
What did Fredrick Douglas say when asked by Congress how to help the Black man? Paraphrased: Let him alone. Let him rise or fall according to his own abilities.

Perhaps everyone should take that advice.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#22 May 15, 2012
LBer wrote:
What did Fredrick Douglas say when asked by Congress how to help the Black man? Paraphrased: Let him alone. Let him rise or fall according to his own abilities.
Perhaps everyone should take that advice.
LBer.

I don't know if that's good advice or not. Since the revolution, they have been judged by the content of their character rather than by the color of their skin. Now they are mad as hornets.

Ronald
Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#23 May 16, 2012
I wish the paper would be more specific. Are they lamenting the plight of citizens or the spawn of illegal aliens?
Undertaker

Los Angeles, CA

#24 May 17, 2012
I wish the PT would just close it's "doors." I hate seeing it writhe around on the floor, vomiting up green goo, and crying for it's mom. I mean, I don't mind that it's suffering, I'm just tired of the racket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cal State Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fearing ICE raids, San Jose father tells childr... Feb 6 Red Crosse 50
News California Student Writes Op-Ed About How Milk ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Ronald 3
News Pilot academy at Banning High faces closure, in... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Ronald 2
News Long Beach City College may push new bond measure (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ronald 3
News Transit's Impact on Congestion (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ronald 1
News AIDS crisis loomed over Generation X (Jan '16) Jan '16 Xstain Mullah Fra... 4
News Cal State Long Beach: Undocumented immigrant ca... (Sep '15) Oct '15 Amos 15
More from around the web