CSU hunger strikers continue their protest

May 9, 2012 Full story: The Daily Breeze 26

John Garcia, 21, a double major at California State University, Dominguez Hills, is one of eleven CSU students who have been staging a hunger strike for a week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#22 May 10, 2012
SP Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
Cal will not go broke, the true corp big power brokers and financiers will not allow it .. they just want to bleed it, then realign, larger corp profits the end result .. who was that earlier Barron of Wall Street, with the Mantra of buying opportunities when there is blood in the streets
Public Employee's are a small part of the equation and are being scape goated .. keep in mind that in generl the public employees receive salaries allowing for a marginal lower middle class existence
SP Landlord.

How should we respond to those who say California is already broke?

While I do not agree with your premise that "Public Employee's are a small part of the" problem, I do agree that other factors should not be discounted. For example, since the revolution free-spending out-of-control politicians have created a voting majority of dangerous tax eaters and taxpayer supported Thug people.

The increasingly impoverished minority of Californians who pay taxes - primarily ordinary worker *("middle")* class Californians - can no longer afford to continue funding both fat-cat public employees along with the politicians' dangerous tax eaters and their shock-troops, the Thug people. The money is simply not there.

Ronald
Dane T

AOL

#23 May 10, 2012
SP Landlord wrote:
Some departments and programs in Cal could be abolished, those which were merely feel good one's established to enhance far left political agendas
BRAVO. We have to start somewhere.
SP Landlord

Los Angeles, CA

#24 May 10, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
SP Landlord.

The increasingly impoverished minority of Californians who pay taxes - primarily ordinary worker *("middle")* class Californians - can no longer afford to continue funding both fat-cat public employees along with the politicians' dangerous tax eaters and their shock-troops, the Thug people. The money is simply not there.
Ronald
Rethink you premise, Ronald .. there must not be more than 400 state and local civil servants at the top range of about $300K, and keep in mind some are Chief Physicians in County and State Hospitals and Med Schools. Average civil service salaries under 50K .. not enough Fat Cats at the top range to make a difference in the balance sheets

Got a laugh out of your mention of the role of the Thug People Shock Troops .. Food for thought

The overly burdened middle class tax payers are unwittingly subsidizing the thug people and the Elitist Class in their preferential tax arrangements

Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#25 May 10, 2012
SP Landlord wrote:
These students have failed to study history and so have the above two anti labor posters. These tuition hikes have little to do with costs nor union affiliated staff (salaries).
Wall Street took the working class and the economic viablility of our State down.
The President's of the Cal State U's are not in a union and were foolish to push for thier own higher compensation. Also, giveway welfare programs took a dent in our economy.
Austerity programs and bag lunches for students and faculty alike are in order. The majority of these kid's parents are paying the tab (tuition), most of these students have never held a job.
If they cannot adapt, then screw them.
It is fascinating that in order to make it in CA, SP Landlord, you either have to rich or poor. I have seen a considerable number of Cal State Long Beach students and they live like princes and princessess. They have Urban Outfitter's clothing and the latest smartphones.(I understand a student needs a laptop.). One time I saw a chick with a new Lexus Suv who went to CSULB-- the parking stickers and sorority stickers gave her away. On the other extreme are the poor who get everything paid for and are in CSULB. You are right when you say everyone has to cut back.
SP Landlord

Los Angeles, CA

#26 May 11, 2012
Morris the Cat wrote:
<quoted text> It is fascinating that in order to make it in CA, SP Landlord, you either have to rich or poor. I have seen a considerable number of Cal State Long Beach students and they live like princes and princessess. They have Urban Outfitter's clothing and the latest smartphones.(I understand a student needs a laptop.). One time I saw a chick with a new Lexus Suv who went to CSULB-- the parking stickers and sorority stickers gave her away. On the other extreme are the poor who get everything paid for and are in CSULB. You are right when you say everyone has to cut back.
Great post, Morris. Many in lowly Cal State U, are in a quasi elitist class, one can see it in their smug nature and expensive accroutments. They were brought up this way, in places like Rossmore, a hybrid non legit royal society trying to imitate the wealthy class. Parents used those almost one million dollar homes at the height of the RE bubble like ATM's, no underwater, but keeping upo the appearances. Bitching like hell about paying 7k yearly in tuition to Cal State. Good point as to in today's society, one has to be rich or poor to attend even these State Colleges.

Years ago, when I was a kid, our neighborhood Doctor, put himself through med school in part by working a graveyard shift delivery to homes. I would have just said Milk Man, but most of our society would not be familiar with this term. Fk, most of these current Cal State types, never even did the yardwork at their parent's houses or have held a job.

I have an idea, close enrollment down for the next five years to the general public, and only allow veterans to enroll. These affluent types, could search out private universities

Many are majoring in BS majors like Art, Recreation Management, Animation, and a slew of Basket Weaving crap.

Do you remember that thread last year, on the lavish new health club for students at CSULB, along the lines of the exclusive Newport Beach Spectrum. They aleady had a swimming pool and weight room. Many ways to cut waste in these institions.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#27 May 11, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
SP Landlord.
How should we respond to those who say California is already broke?
While I do not agree with your premise that "Public Employee's are a small part of the" problem, I do agree that other factors should not be discounted. For example, since the revolution free-spending out-of-control politicians have created a voting majority of dangerous tax eaters and taxpayer supported Thug people.
Ronald
"....their shock-troops, the Thug people." I like this one, Ronald.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cal State Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CoronaCORONA: Six candidates seek council seats Oct '14 Cannon 10
Cal State Long Beach warns of man found sleepin... Sep '14 Ronald 3
New Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia unveils visi... Sep '14 Ronald 2
Can Africa keep its economic winning streak alive? Aug '14 Jose 4
Mailbag: The Beachball could be the best mascot... Aug '14 csulbster 1
Long Beach Poly High School Assistant Principal... Jul '14 Tom Sourbeer 1
Building a DREAM Center: CSULB students seek re... (May '14) Jun '14 Amigo 19
More from around the web